IGNORED

Ian Holloway. New Palace Manager Tomorrow?

Dolman Block B

This won't be popular with many on here but here we go....

To improve our survival chances I think we should jump in and gazump Palace.

Tin hat on and apologies to anyone offended - just my opinion.

OOOOH my god....how dare you speak your mind, ian is and will always be to me a great motivator, but i really think del is the bollox,

that said i will go up to the loft and find my old tin hat !

Hope this happens. Got 6/1 on this earlier in the week, after i was told that Olly travelled to London on Saturday night for a "chat" with the palarse chairman. The info came from a very close family member of Mr Holloway. Then again i was also told that he was v.v.close to going to Ipswich but this fell through at the last minute.

surely he would be better off at blackpool ???????

Palace are a bigger club than Blackpool of course, I think it will come down to what he is promised in terms of a transfer kitty at Palace and what he has not been promised at Pool. Also he may have been told that their best players e.g. Ince, Phillips etc are being sold in January.

Seems like a good move for Palace. But im not convinced, He seems to only do well at clubs without any money and hardly any expectations. Blackpool and Plymouth for instance. Palace fans will deny it but they will fully expect him to come in and push them higher while turning them into a goal scoring flare team like Blackpool.

Its that sort of expectation I think that works against him.

Seems like a good move for Palace. But im not convinced, He seems to only do well at clubs without any money and hardly any expectations. Blackpool and Plymouth for instance. Palace fans will deny it but they will fully expect him to come in and push them higher while turning them into a goal scoring flare team like Blackpool.

Its that sort of expectation I think that works against him.

last time he had pressure upon him he got leicester relegated :laugh:

Get the feeling that him and the owner at Blackpool aren't getting along right now, and possibly haven't for a while, would make sense

But, Hollowhead, at Palarse? **** me, that is about as unappetising to me as a sprout, marinaded in coffee. Two of the most vile forces on earth coming together to make a terrible concoction. As if I feel the need to despise either one of them further, they may have just found a way......

Palace fans can't be happy with this - surely it would have made more sense to keep Freedman?

He has built a team out of slender means - and brought on players that have achieved huge fees in the transfer market, whilst bringing on other players to replace them.

Some City fans have questioned why Palace are in this position and not us. Given time, I think we will be - Del hasn't been at City as long as Freedman at Palace - in fact, I really do believe Del will build a squad that will take us to the Premier League.

Palace fans can't be happy with this - surely it would have made more sense to keep Freedman?

He has built a team out of slender means - and brought on players that have achieved huge fees in the transfer market, whilst bringing on other players to replace them.

Some City fans have questioned why Palace are in this position and not us. Given time, I think we will be - Del hasn't been at City as long as Freedman at Palace - in fact, I really do believe Del will build a squad that will take us to the Premier League.

Palace are a one man team. When he goes in Jan they will tumble down the League

I think Lenny Lawrence is the key behind the success. Look how far Rovers fell away when he left?

Whether you like Holloway or not what he has done at Blackpool is nothing short of a miracle,lets look at the facts,he took over a club who were favourites with the bookmakers to get relegation from the championship, getting average gates of between 7,000 and 8,000 fans, he spent no money in fact he made a profit on his transfer dealings that season and got them promotion to the Premier League in his first season.It flies in the face of those people who say you have got to give managers time before they can build a successful team.

I think Lenny Lawrence is the key behind the success. Look how far Rovers fell away when

he left?

Good point - plenty of successful teams have had the Clough / Taylor set-up. That's why it's also encouraging to see Del take his backroom staff choices seriously.

Archived