IGNORED

Patience

Eco

Seem to remember we went on a similar bad run when GJ started, there were muppets on here spouting the usual totally original out of his depth/taxi for etc etc quotes then. It was turned around that season and look what happened thereafter.

Not saying this will be replicated, hopefully it will, but surely the lesson learned is to have a bit of patience and lay off the keyboard angst.

Seem to remember we went on a similar bad run when GJ started, there were muppets on here spouting the usual totally original out of his depth/taxi for etc etc quotes then. It was turned around that season and look what happened thereafter.

Not saying this will be replicated, hopefully it will, but surely the lesson learned is to have a bit of patience and lay off the keyboard angst.

That was when he first joined, not after he had reshaped the squad, completely different

I agree, but patience is running a bit thin now.

so who is gonna do a better job on our budget?del is making mistakes but i agree patience,if we sack him we will only be hearing the same comments for the new guy in 3 months!!!

That's it the problem is budget. I think it's time Lansdown actively looked for further investment or to sell up. We're constantly taking the cheap option no wonder we're in the shit

That's it the problem is budget. I think it's time Lansdown actively looked for further investment or to sell up. We're constantly taking the cheap option no wonder we're in the shit

The ONLY reason were in the Championship is SL,if he hadn't pumped millions in over the years we would probably be in the gas zone.

The ONLY reason were in the Championship is SL,if he hadn't pumped millions in over the years we would probably be in the gas zone.

But he also has to take some of the criticism for the position we find ourselves in now. Hes made some bad decisions and wasted a lot of money. He even admits that

Oh please, there is nothing worse than City fans in denial. You will still be saying the same thing if we lost 10 on the trot, so change the record.

There's plenty worse. For example, consider the "instant" everything generation that has been told by Sky and BBC and politicians up and down the land that "you can have everything NOW". And imagine the same set of people who believe this. What a sad, immature, naive bunch.

Succeeding involves hard work. 99% perspiration, 1% inspiration as Thomas Edison said.

Delboy is absolutely the right person to get us out of this mess. For sure, the inspiration is missing at the moment but all it takes is a mis-hit goal off someone's knee. He's put together the start of a squad that, with a bit of confidence, can start to move in the right direction. Stick with Del and enjoy the ride. He's a good man.

I'm not saying I'm not grateful but Lansdown could put £25m into the club and not miss it. Of course it's his money and if he choses not to that's his decision but then maybe if he doesn't want to he should actively look for someone who will invest the money to make us better

I'm not saying I'm not grateful but Lansdown could put £25m into the club and not miss it. Of course it's his money and if he choses not to that's his decision but then maybe if he doesn't want to he should actively look for someone who will invest the money to make us better

For all we know, he could be doing this exact thing right now !

There's plenty worse. For example, consider the "instant" everything generation that has been told by Sky and BBC and politicians up and down the land that "you can have everything NOW". And imagine the same set of people who believe this. What a sad, immature, naive bunch.

Succeeding involves hard work. 99% perspiration, 1% inspiration as Thomas Edison said.

Delboy is absolutely the right person to get us out of this mess. For sure, the inspiration is missing at the moment but all it takes is a mis-hit goal off someone's knee. He's put together the start of a squad that, with a bit of confidence, can start to move in the right direction. Stick with Del and enjoy the ride. He's a good man.

So your saying Del is the right person to get a team out of a mess he originally put them in?

I feel the same. SL has done great things for this club but if we go down then we'll be right back where we were 6 years ago and he'll be a lot out of pocket. Getting to this league was tough but we did it. Competing in this league is tougher and we have just about done that but the past 2 or so years we've taken backwards steps. We need to achieve each step and progress, business style! After we finished mid-table for a few season in a row, SL should have put some more cash in if he wanted us to make that next step-being regular play off contenders. We had a decent reputation back in 2007-09ish and we should have built on that.

5 Million should do it!

A right footed CB, A left footed CB

A CM Hardnut to get stuck in and A CM whose creative.

Move Skuse to RB to go with Cunningham at LB

Albert and Anderson on the wings

Up front we are fine!

TAXI for:

Wilson

Foster

Fontaine

Carey

Elliot

Gerken

Pearson

Tangs

5 Million should do it!

A right footed CB, A left footed CB

A CM Hardnut to get stuck in and A CM whose creative.

Move Skuse to RB to go with Cunningham at LB

Albert and Anderson on the wings

Up front we are fine!

TAXI for:

Wilson

Foster

Fontaine

Carey

Elliot

Gerken

Pearson

Tangs

Dont quite agree with Foster, when Cunningham was at lb Foster was playing the most comfortable he had since transferring from Aberdeen, him and Cunningham were out motm's imo.

How is it to do with budget? McInnes has had money to spend - he just chose to strengthen areas that didn't need strengthening and ignored areas (defence, CM) that seriously needed work. If I were Mr Lansdown, I'd be feeling a little short-changed with what the last 3 managers have brought to this club (that doesn't include GJ, who was the best manager we've had since the 70s)

So your saying Del is the right person to get a team out of a mess he originally put them in?

He inherited a mess from Millen. But, yes, he is defintiely the guy to get us out of the mess.

think we were in a mess before...just in a mess with better players now,will be fine chill!!!!!

Precisely. We still need a decent centre half (or Fontaine to remember he used to be average).

After that, ALL of the players that Delboy has brought in are an improvement.

Lansdown has a poor track record in selecting managers and to be honest, apart from Coppell, I don't think I've agreed with any of his appointments.

It's not about who the manager is, it's about the type of bloke he is, and I just think Lansdown selected the wrong type of manager.

When we ere in dire need of a strng, experienced no-nonsense manager, we got rookies in.

When McInnes was appointed, I thought we needed someone of the same ilk as Dave Bassett - and still do...

We can't afford a "young promising manager" who will swan off as soon as the big boys come in, we need someone on their way down - been there, done that...

For me, it is clear that McInnes is showing signs of desperation with the constant tinkering and lame excuses beginning to appear. He reminds me of John Ward in the final throes of his management.

Nobody is asking for a world beating side, just one that can hold their own and remain in this league as a base for building.

People and fans ARE patient, but they need to see that progress is being made which, at the moment, is sadly not the case.

That's unquestionably simplistic and extremely naive, but sums up why we've failed to progress. This genuflection towards the emperor has allowed someone with undeniably poor judgement to lead us from one disaster to the next. Many teams are prospering in the championship without a benefactor as wealthy as Lansdown and we could do similarly.

He inherited a mess from Millen. But, yes, he is defintiely the guy to get us out of the mess.

Precisely. We still need a decent centre half (or Fontaine to remember he used to be average).

After that, ALL of the players that Delboy has brought in are an improvement.

It's easy to blame Millen. McInnes has had a year now and we're still in the bottom two

Lansdown has a poor track record in selecting managers and to be honest, apart from Coppell, I don't think I've agreed with any of his appointments.

It's not about who the manager is, it's about the type of bloke he is, and I just think Lansdown selected the wrong type of manager.

When we ere in dire need of a strng, experienced no-nonsense manager, we got rookies in.

When McInnes was appointed, I thought we needed someone of the same ilk as Dave Bassett - and still do...

We can't afford a "young promising manager" who will swan off as soon as the big boys come in, we need someone on their way down - been there, done that...

For me, it is clear that McInnes is showing signs of desperation with the constant tinkering and lame excuses beginning to appear. He reminds me of John Ward in the final throes of his management.

Nobody is asking for a world beating side, just one that can hold their own and remain in this league as a base for building.

People and fans ARE patient, but they need to see that progress is being made which, at the moment, is sadly not the case.

You'd appoint a manager who hasn't had a number 1 position for 7 years ?

It may be the case that if DM were to leave , we could do with an experienced manager , but not sure inserting someone like Bassett would be the right move.

Alternatively , if DM were to swallow his pride , bring someone with experience in to help him. Joe Jordan's not doing much at the moment.

It may be the case that if DM were to leave , we could do with an experienced manager , but not sure inserting someone like Bassett would be the right move.

Alternatively , if DM were to swallow his pride , bring someone with experience in to help him. Joe Jordan's not doing much at the moment.

Agree about JJ, have already suggested the same on another thread before reading this.

Not a bad shout with JJ; always seemed to compliment old Harry. Trouble is, even if that was considered, he may be waiting for Harry to take his next job.

What worked at the Saints, with The Doc behind him, is looking like it may not work so well here; this is a higher level, with all due respect to the Saints in terms of crowds and cash throughput, if nothing else. The pressure to succeed is far greater and it shows right now. Del is learning his trade in a more substantial way that any of us could have considered; He may very well need another assistant.

I didn't say it would have to be Bassett, merely someone with a similar outlook and nature.

Besides, maybe Bassett's not interested in managing any more - I certainly don't know what his aspirations are at this time. Having said that, nobody can dispute Bassett's qualities as a manager who can get the best of out of average players.

Well said lad. silly keyboard warriors on this forum make me sick.....sack the manager and it will make everything alright.......don't think so......wish they would all sod off football was so better before the euro 96 numpties jumped on board

Derek WILL be given AT LEAST until the end of this season to make his mark on this football club. I am fully behind him as are the majority of human like supporters I know. We've hit rock bottom today and the only way is up, so most of you tubes on here need to get a grip and get back to supporting the effort that is clearly being put in by the coaching staff.

I didn't say it would have to be Bassett, merely someone with a similar outlook and nature.

Besides, maybe Bassett's not interested in managing any more - I certainly don't know what his aspirations are at this time. Having said that, nobody can dispute Bassett's qualities as a manager who can get the best of out of average players.

Apologies , it's just that this is the second thread where you have said Dave Bassett , on the other thread it was only his name you posted , so you will forgive me for thinking he's the mn you want.

Archived