IGNORED

If We Go Down.i Blame The...

Fuber

Fans.

Theres been no passion this season whatsoever excluding the Eastend and some parts of the Atyeo.

Attendences are still poor despite the wins against Cardiff and Palace and showed no real change after those results.

Sheff Wednesday were on a poor run of form until they faced ipswich: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20158340

When was the last time anyone at our clubs could say the same as Antonio in that statement about our support?

All the fans on matchday and these forums seem to do is critisize; I admit the critisism is well established, such as some of the tactical desicions the management have made in recent times with the chopping and changes in the first team lineup from game to game, but instead of banging on about the poor desicion the least our fans could do is show passion and support, a player cant help it if hes played out of position.

For examples, before Cunningham was injured, Foster and Cunningham himself were always up for a man of the match award, but since Cunningham was injured and Foster started playing poorly fans suddenly started the Lee Johnson-esque abuse on specific individuals of our squad.

Sure I find the managerial decisions and tactics strange but that is no reason to not show supports to the team as a whole for one individuals decisions, such as at some substiutions, all Im saying is if a player is playing badly while out of position, you cant specifically blame the player according to the tactics that he may have to be playing by.

And that folks, is my rant over.

PS our mangers is namely at fault for the tactics,

Well, this thread is bound to provoke a reaction.

In summary then you're saying if the fans are a bit more positive, supportive etc then it will turn the team around and before we know it happy days will be just around the corner?

For the record I agree about players being played out of position. Foster in this respect is particularly unfortunate.

I was generally supportive of McInnes until the Burnley game, now I'm far from convinced.

Fans.

Theres been no passion this season whatsoever excluding the Eastend and some parts of the Atyeo.

Attendences are still poor despite the wins against Cardiff and Palace and showed no real change after those results.

Sheff Wednesday were on a poor run of form until they faced ipswich: http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/20158340

When was the last time anyone at our clubs could say the same as Antonio in that statement about our support?

All the fans on matchday and these forums seem to do is critisize; I admit the critisism is well established, such as some of the tactical desicions the management have made in recent times with the chopping and changes in the first team lineup from game to game, but instead of banging on about the poor desicion the least our fans could do is show passion and support, a player cant help it if hes played out of position.

For examples, before Cunningham was injured, Foster and Cunningham himself were always up for a man of the match award, but since Cunningham was injured and Foster started playing poorly fans suddenly started the Lee Johnson-esque abuse on specific individuals of our squad.

Sure I find the managerial decisions and tactics strange but that is no reason to not show supports to the team as a whole for one individuals decisions, such as at some substiutions, all Im saying is if a player is playing badly while out of position, you cant specifically blame the player according to the tactics that he may have to be playing by.

I know, my personal performances in the back four haven't been up to scratch, I can barely look at myself in the mirror of a morning.

As for my mate and his 5 year old boy, well I can only apologise on their behalf for the shocking amount of chances they've missed and the misplaced passes from his boy in particular.

Well, this thread is bound to provoke a reaction.

In summary then you're saying if the fans are a bit more positive, supportive etc then it will turn the team around and before we know it happy days will be just around the corner?

For the record I agree about players being played out of position. Foster in this respect is particularly unfortunate.

I was generally supportive of McInnes until the Burnley game, now I'm far from convinced.

I dont mean to say it will be 'happy days', its just some fans offer nothing apart from critisism, anything can be better than some of the reactions fans give to players if they make a mistake.

Sorry, I disagree with this. I've seen us totally outplayed at Ashton Gate by teams whose fans also have no passion. I also very regularly see Man United's players perform oustandingly away from home, in front of the most partisan of crowds. If you're getting paid £10-15k a week, you should be able to play good football regardless of what the fans are doing. And it's Derek McInnes' job to make sure they do.

The truth of the matter is that neither the manager nor the players are up to the job.

That's it then. I'll stop paying my hard earned cash to watch under-achieving well paid 'professionals' (and I include Del) serve up way short of an acceptable standard week in week out and save us from the disaster that relegation will be for our club.

I'm quite relieved actually - it feels better already. Can't wait to get my pay off!

Yeh, blame the FANS if we get relegated from the Championship - are you Del's Mum or SL's accountant?

There is only one set of guys to blame and that is the PLAYERS. For God's sake they are professionals, not novices. Even if you believe (and I personally don't) that they have been poorly led, at this stage in their careers, they should know the basics of how the game is to be played. They should know how to close a game down when they are two goals up. They should know how to pass the ball into space for others to run onto. They should know how to receive a ball, control it and move it on to the next guy. Football, when played properly is a very simple game. People say it is complicated when they are trying to excuse the inexcusable.

Fans.

Sheff Wednesday were on a poor run of form until they faced ipswich: http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/20158340

Hmmmmm, now if the fans were following the managers instructions, and were playing on the pitch, you may have had a point.

I do not see why fans do not try and enjoy themselves more at games. It seems some fans just like moaning etc and get off on it.

How exactly do you enjoy yourself when you know your team will capitulate, the whole match day experience leaves you worrying rather than enjoying as you know several epic defensive failures are around the corner. The atmosphere is generated from what goes on on the pitch.

Especially at the price it costs!

I do not see why fans do not try and enjoy themselves more at games. It seems some fans just like moaning etc and get off on it.

Exactly the point im trying to get across, fat if the matter is that fans (especially where Im sat) moan when things go badly, and when things go even slightly well, there still isnt much support, at points, i feel the atosphere last year was better then it is now, such as away at Reading when we lost 1-0, we still lost but there was way more passion and atmosphere then than at any game so far this season.

For one thing, it's not like the team are usually good and the fans jump on their backs when they make a rare mistake. The fans moan because it's consistent, repetitive poor performances/lack of effort/mistakes. If you look at our success over the last 20 years (ie hardly any) Bristol City's fans are among the most loyal in the land. So they're entitled to moan.

You've also got to realise that the vast, vast majority of fans at Ashton Gate are too shy to suddenly start up a song. Most people only have the confidence to join in once the chant has gathered momentum. So unless there are people willing to start up a song, it aint gonna happen

How exactly do you enjoy yourself when you know your team will capitulate, the whole match day experience leaves you worrying rather than enjoying as you know several epic defensive failures are around the corner. The atmosphere is generated from what goes on on the pitch.

Especially at the price it costs!

Go to the pub, have a few beers with your mates, get in the Eastend, stand sing etc, have a laugh with your mates.

We're shit at the moment, we might aswell accept it.

the buck stops at the top, thats the otherside of the english channel at the moment; the faceless indians left in "control" are abscent without leave and should be leading from the front...............they aint which is why we are all at sea and leaderless on and off the pitch.

Go to the pub, have a few beers with your mates, get in the Eastend, stand sing etc, have a laugh with your mates.

We're shit at the moment, we might aswell accept it.

Ah yes, but there is a difference in being shit, like say in the early 80's, when you could get behind a team of youngsters who were trying hard, but shit, to A bunch of pretty damn experienced players just no performing.

Think, game costs a shed load, beer cost a shed load, football is deteriorating I think I would, given that choice, stay in the pub, and enjoy that with my mates than spunk away a few notes on basically players under performing.

I have seen enough football in my life to know the difference between honest hrd work, but just not enough quality and players that have some talent, but don't try maybe as hard as they should do. it is all about mental character, I hated the football under Johnson, but he vetted his players well, you knew you would get the effort given in the game, it is just not happening with this bunch.

Archived