IGNORED

Its Time

Puckle_red

To start supporting our club, our manager and our players. Del will.not get sacked and nor should he.

Be positive we're losing by the odd goal...remember 2006 bottom of league one we lost 9 in a row under GJ getting hammered regularly...we finished 9th. Give the negativity a break...we have a real chance of points in the next two. They need us positive regardless. I know we are pretty shyte at the moment but its the same players as the first 6 games. Next up Birmingham, come on get behind them.

To start supporting our club, our manager and our players. Del will.not get sacked and nor should he.

Be positive we're losing by the odd goal...remember 2006 bottom of league one we lost 9 in a row under GJ getting hammered regularly...we finished 9th. Give the negativity a break...we have a real chance of points in the next two. They need us positive regardless. I know we are pretty shyte at the moment but its the same players as the first 6 games. Next up Birmingham, come on get behind them.

If the phrase "happy clapper" is in the dictionary there will be a picture of you next to it

You have no idea who I am you fool. I'm certainly not a happy clapper. But these are the same fans who got rid of GJ for being mid-table...it makes no sense, far too fickle, time to 'support'.

How's that?

Agree with you mate! There's far too much expectation out there from a lot of City fans! Del came in and performed a miracle in keeping us up! Suddenly fans expected even more miracles and expected too much too soon. Most successful managers go through a bad spell especially relatively early on in their reign but slowly evolve a winning formula! Yes Del needs to address the problems in defence and that elusive creative midfielder but he will get it right in time.

I am beginning to have an issue with the Board though who like others have mentioned seem disconnected from the footballing soul that is Bristol City. Too much weight is placed on the business side at Ashton Gate and not on the football itself. The sooner the club put more emphasis on what happens on the pitch the better. Please, however, let's put things into perspective. We are still a championship side and there's still a lot of games to go. We will go on a good run soon I'm sure. It just takes one game where lady luck is on our side.

You have no idea who I am you fool. I'm certainly not a happy clapper. But these are the same fans who got rid of GJ for being mid-table...it makes no sense, far too fickle, time to 'support'.

How's that?

GJ got rid of himself for being a dick in the changing room, not through fan pressure

I really wish people would stop comparing this run to Johnson's nine losses.

Gary had been here five minutes when we went on that run and he was busy trying to sort out the dressing room.

Our run at the moment (1 point from 7 games, 5 points from 11 games, 5 losses on the bounce) has been achieved after McInnes has had a year to supposedly improve us.

The whole club needs to dig deep over the next 3 games. Brum, Charlton & B'pool are on nearly as bad a run as us, just 3 wins between them in the last 21 games. Whilst we lost again today we did keep them out for the other 93 mins and 59 seconds so easily the best defensive performance of the season so far. If Baldock would have knocked that chance in and the keeper not made a worldly from that McManus header then the 3 points would have been ours. The management, players and fans must give it all they got starting Tuesday in order to turn the corner. COYR's

Totally agree

its always the same on here

1, lose a few games and its sack the manager

2,mixed results - decide which is the latest player to pick on

3, win a couple - plays offs or promotion

we need stability, both on and off the pitch

Agree with you mate! There's far too much expectation out there from a lot of City fans! Del came in and performed a miracle in keeping us up! Suddenly fans expected even more miracles and expected too much too soon. Most successful managers go through a bad spell especially relatively early on in their reign but slowly evolve a winning formula! Yes Del needs to address the problems in defence and that elusive creative midfielder but he will get it right in time.

I am beginning to have an issue with the Board though who like others have mentioned seem disconnected from the footballing soul that is Bristol City. Too much weight is placed on the business side at Ashton Gate and not on the football itself. The sooner the club put more emphasis on what happens on the pitch the better. Please, however, let's put things into perspective. We are still a championship side and there's still a lot of games to go. We will go on a good run soon I'm sure. It just takes one game where lady luck is on our side.

Not disagreeing with this post but I keep hearing this 'Most successful managers go through a bad spell especially relatively early on in their reign etc' ........... but so do most unsuccessful managers.

What is it that makes people think Del is a successful manager going through a bad spell rather than an unsuccessful manager who went through a good spell at the end of last season.

This isn't a criticism of Del - I'm not qualified to do that, but if he has done all he can and we are now waiting for luck then I'm afraid were in a mess because history is not on our side there.

Archived