IGNORED

If You Could Ask The Board One Thing...

Betelgeuse

he aint got one

And you know this how? Although people will probably mock, as it's undoubtedly because of his Dad he got the job, but I know he held a management position at Hargreaves Lansdown for a number of years.

I think it's harsh to criticise Jon, he's been responsible for bringing in this summers signings which has seen us get some really good deals in Baldock, Davies and Cunningham IMO.

Regardless of how he landed the job (which as other have said is obvious) it is hard to determine from the available evidence whether Jon Lansdown has done a good job, a bad job or indeed any job at all - but I admire other posters' imagination.

The business continues to spend twice its income on providing a product that fewer and fewer want to buy - the shareholders (or two of them anyway) continue to keep the business afloat (just) - and the Board continue to receive criticism for not spending more.

The mission (should they choose to accept it and evidently they have) is to spend less and deliver more - pretty much the same as in any other failing business.

As I have intimated elsewhere - a magician is required more than business acumen or football expertise

I would ask the Board (and I expect to see in the imminent annual report) a robust business plan detailing how annual losses will be reduced from £12M/year to £5M/year (as they have agreed to achieve by voting for FFP) - given that relegation will reduce income by at least 33% at a stroke I would not expect this to be a central plank to the plan. If the Board cannot produce such a plan, they should be asked to resign but I cannot imagine what will come next.

Archived