IGNORED

If You Could Ask The Board One Thing...

Betelgeuse

What would it be? I would simply ask, what is the honest ambition for Bristol City FC? Are we seriously looking to become a challenger to get to the prem? Are we trying to become an established championship club? Or are we just going to sit back and remain that struggling level 2/top 10 level 3 club?

Ok that was more than one question but it would be nice for the board to just come out and be honest, or at least talk to us!

Even under the restrictions of Financial Fair Play, do you really believe that all of our summer signings and contractual commitments since the end of last season have put us in the best place to stay up?

Subtext, couldn't what we've spent have been spent better?

How did he get the job then? :whistle:

Just in case this is a serious question - in my experience sharing 50% of your genes with the majority shareholder pretty much renders a CV redundant

In regard to the rest of the Board of Directors, whilst I have no desire to been as supporting them (God knows I have little cause to) it is worth remembering:

1/ Keith Dawe is the second most substantial benefactor - he is not earning a living from the club but is, for the time-being more prepared to pay tax than SL;

2/ the Board of Directors employs DM on a substantial salary to provide expertise on football matters - and to back him financially as best they can from the available funding;

3/ the of Directors do not have a duty to dip into their own pockets to fund the business; and

3/ the Board of Directors has supported DM in bringing a number of players to the club - most notably Baldock and Davies.

Having said this, the law requires that the Board of Directors is answerable and has a duty of good faith towards all the shareholders and not just the two who can outvote the rest - I have seen little evidence that this is understood.

Nice and simple, I would ask....Do they care?

Definately financially! If the fans - (MONEY) - are not showing up, they'll take notice.

But i do feel that they have lost any rapport with the average fan over the last couple of seasons.

A big mistake! It's much harder to get people back to The Gate once they've left than bring in new supporters.

I would ask a question along the lines of......"OK Guys, we have followed the path for ( in my case forty ******* years and some ) and where have we got," and they would probs reply, "we are building for the future with the new u 21's and the accademy structure being rebuilt to give us a better pool of seasoned players that will hopefully make the grade and move up to first team appearences" to which i would reply " blox you bunch of arseholes, i have heard that same shite spouted all my life, when i was sixteen where i am now was the future, 56 and still waiting, ffs how long do we have to wait..............sorry guys n gals, got that one off my chest...peace n love x

How about 'Thank you for all of the money you/ SL has invested, it's a great pity that so much of it was wasted by the Managers spending it'. SL has backed the last few Managers with cash, and look how little we got to show for it, as they 'invested' it in modest Championship players, a lot of whom added very little to the squad, and some added zilch. Face facts, City are a small Championship club, with a dated ground and dwindling crowds. Our youth policy has been badly neglected leaving us to buy in players, our squad has too much quantity, not enough quality, and our scouting network seems poor. Our problem partly lies with managers having cash, so they spent it very randomly, and did not have to look for bargains, making every penny count, or developing from within. Clubs a lot smaller than us have found success with a mix of shrewd freebies, youth, and well-targeted purchases (Eagles and Adam spring to mind), often funded by selling home-grown players. We are where we are, it's not good,and throwing cash at the problem has not worked so far. If we have to go down, so be it, but we need to get the basics right and get the Club on a sound footing, financialy and squad-wise.

How about 'Thank you for all of the money you/ SL has invested, it's a great pity that so much of it was wasted by the Managers spending it'. SL has backed the last few Managers with cash, and look how little we got to show for it, as they 'invested' it in modest Championship players, a lot of whom added very little to the squad, and some added zilch. Face facts, City are a small Championship club, with a dated ground and dwindling crowds. Our youth policy has been badly neglected leaving us to buy in players, our squad has too much quantity, not enough quality, and our scouting network seems poor. Our problem partly lies with managers having cash, so they spent it very randomly, and did not have to look for bargains, making every penny count, or developing from within. Clubs a lot smaller than us have found success with a mix of shrewd freebies, youth, and well-targeted purchases (Eagles and Adam spring to mind), often funded by selling home-grown players. We are where we are, it's not good,and throwing cash at the problem has not worked so far. If we have to go down, so be it, but we need to get the basics right and get the Club on a sound footing, financialy and squad-wise.

That was longer than mine ffs, thought i was having a rant....jeez

Archived