IGNORED

Need To Stick With Del....

RedBrizzleRobin

Ok, so results are poor at the moment but we've been on similar runs over the past 3 or so seasons under different managers. I'm sorry but we cant keep changing managers every time something goes wrong and bringing in a new man isnt going to help much, as we're still going to be lumbered with a below average defence and midfield. Sure, maybe results may pick up as they usually do for 10 games or so, after that we though we tend to revert to type and struggle again. So for me a new man isnt going to change much and while Del is accountable to a degree of what's happening I don't think its entirely his fault. What we are seeing this season is the result of poor managerial appointments by the board followed by poor signings made by those managers (millen, Coppell). Del's signings have been much better than theirs, HOWEVER, Del's downfall may not be because of the players he's signed but those he hasn't ie addresing a midfield and defence our previous 3 managers have failed to do and cost them their jobs the same way it could cost Del's (this is my main gripe with Del and where I feel he is accountable).

If we are to go down it won't be just because of Del but a cataloge of errors made by the club in signing both players and managers. I'm not suprised to be fighting another relegation battle as it was clear last season it was going to take more than a single transfer window to sort this mess out, Del has brought in some good players so far, if we bring in a new manager again, he will want his only players, his own squad and we'd be back to square one yet again. We need stability and actually let a manager build the squad and club up over the course of 2 or 3 seasons, yes, even if we end up getting relegated, by which we will have deserved too with the mess we've left ourselfs in. Its going to take time to sort ourselfs out and chopping and changing isn't going to make our recovery any faster, also I don't want to become a club that has had more managers than seasons recently played. We've already at 3 in 3 seasons which is bad enough and 4 in 6 seasons. Do we really want a 5th in 6!?

Im sure a fair few will disagree with this but I'm afraid this is where I believe we're at now.

Agree with that RBR. Del needs another main transfer window to try to strengthen the defence and midfield (though he wasn't too successful this summer with a CB).

What concerns me a little is his devotion to Fontaine, Skuse and Pearson. I'd be happy to see the back of them all as we need better quality to move forward. Our cuts probably mean we're stuck with them for quite a bit longer.

He's going nowhere fast IMO.

The board have backed him extremely well (so it appears - my only doubt around that is why we were unable to sign a CB), he has signed several first team players, several youth team players and brought in various members of back room staff.

I just cant for the life of me see them getting rid - even if we are relegated. McInnes definitely doesn't seem like the sort to walk away either.

He's going nowhere fast IMO.

The board have backed him extremely well (so it appears - my only doubt around that is why we were unable to sign a CB), he has signed several first team players, several youth team players and brought in various members of back room staff.

I just cant for the life of me see them getting rid - even if we are relegated. McInnes definitely doesn't seem like the sort to walk away either.

And so he shouldn't! He's come here to do a job and showing signs of pressure and vulnerability would be a weakness in my opinion. Success for City has been built on 'long' term appointments. Everybody can argue what the definition of 'long' term is but I see it as about two seasons. The only problem we have at the moment is that expectations are far too high especially after our first season in the Championship. The trap door has been made bigger and made of thin glass because of Boardroom decisions and fickle fans.

And so he shouldn't! He's come here to do a job and showing signs of pressure and vulnerability would be a weakness in my opinion. Success for City has been built on 'long' term appointments. Everybody can argue what the definition of 'long' term is but I see it as about two seasons. The only problem we have at the moment is that expectations are far too high especially after our first season in the Championship. The trap door has been made bigger and made of thin glass because of Boardroom decisions and fickle fans.

Whilst I agree with nearly all of that, (I personally don't think changing manager would help us right now), he is showing signs of weakness and pressure with some if his selections. He appears to panic after every defeat, chopping and changing after every game.

We are in this position because as a manager Del hadn't prioritised correctly.

Instead of moving heaven & earth to bring in the much needed CB & CM, he spent money on Davies, Anderson, Baldock, all admittedly good players but players that were not priorities.

My worry is that come January the lack of players in those vital positions that we are missing, may have cost us too dearly already, there is also the added worry that aqquiring these players may be even harder (more expensive) as teams now know how desperate we are and will rightly play on that.

Im not one for chopping & changing, and Del in my mind has brought in some fantastic players, players which we would have previously struggled to entice, January will be pivotal in our survival & unless Del prioritises correctly & brings in (gets rid, also) a couple of pivotal players, we will be down by march.

If he can get this right, I fancy us to do well next season with Del in charge, my concerns are tgat he's built us from front to back & without doing the most important thing first; building a settled spine. In Del we trust though.........for now.

Whilst I agree with nearly all of that, (I personally don't think changing manager would help us right now), he is showing signs of weakness and pressure with some if his selections. He appears to panic after every defeat, chopping and changing after every game.

I agree to be honest. I think tickering doesn't help. I think my stance was more related to public perception of his vulnerability in interviews and media. He's still has confidence in what he is doing within the limitations that he has. I think the Board have tightened the purses considerably because of the big losses and focus on the stadium. Yes he's addressed certain parts of the squad but he's only half way - you can't change an entire failing squad 'overnight' - and further time and money over time will tell us if Del has that winning formula. Del never said that his aim was to be battling for play-offs - he just wanted to take the club forward and I think it's still too early. A place further up the table with a stronger squad in place for the 2013-2014 season would be success this season. Yes it is not nice where we are at the moment but boy have we been there before and came out of it.

I agree to be honest. I think tickering doesn't help. I think my stance was more related to public perception of his vulnerability in interviews and media. He's still has confidence in what he is doing within the limitations that he has. I think the Board have tightened the purses considerably because of the big losses and focus on the stadium. Yes he's addressed certain parts of the squad but he's only half way - you can't change an entire failing squad 'overnight' - and further time and money over time will tell us if Del has that winning formula. Del never said that his aim was to be battling for play-offs - he just wanted to take the club forward and I think it's still too early. A place further up the table with a stronger squad in place for the 2013-2014 season would be success this season. Yes it is not nice where we are at the moment but boy have we been there before and came out of it.

What he did say was... He had no interest in fighting a relegation battle again.

I don't see much progress, personally. Right now, there isn't anyone on this forum who could do any worse

You could apply that literally. In Burnley and Bolton we lost to teams that didn't even have a permanent manager!

We don't have to stick with Del at all and if we lose the next two he'll of dug his own grave. His position will have become untenable.

He was not an expensive appointment and he is not on a ridiculously long contract. A successor to him can continue his work behind the scenes, though if its anything like what he's done to us on the pitch then we can probably scrap that too.

Bottom line is he needs a result and fast, he needs one this week.

You could apply that literally. In Burnley and Bolton we lost to teams that didn't even have a permanent manager!

We don't have to stick with Del at all and if we lose the next two he'll of dug his own grave. His position will have become untenable.

He was not an expensive appointment and he is not on a ridiculously long contract. A successor to him can continue his work behind the scenes, though if its anything like what he's done to us on the pitch then we can probably scrap that too.

Bottom line is he needs a result and fast, he needs one this week.

It is not just him though is it? It is pretty much all the back room staff that he has bought in as well.

It is not just him though is it? It is pretty much all the back room staff that he has bought in as well.

Well him and Doc would obviously go and the new man assesses who he wants to keep from the rest.

I don't think its a good enough reason to keep Del onand take the likely relegation just cos he's brought in a couple of his own staff.

Archived