IGNORED

Bristol City Last 4 Games 1977 Survival Footage

MC RISK77

Not sure if this has been posted before but looks like this vid was only uploaded onto youtube last week, but it shows Roger Malone interviewing Chris Garland about the great escape in 1977 and footage of citys last 4 games v man utd, leeds, liverpool and coventry....hopefully a little treat for those who can remember it, The Coventry game was 3 days before i was born

I was in the EE when 38,000 crammed in the Gate v Scouse gits

Went total mental when CG scored the equaliser just before HT and the EE did not stop celebrating & singing till well after the players came out for the 2nd half

Kin magic..............38,000 rammed in the gate.........never will be seen again

(a good enuf reason as any for those who keep asking why we need a new stadium)

Brilliant bit of footage......I was at all 4 games!

Me too, mind you I didn't miss many games home or away in those days.

Looking back, what with promotion to the top league, plus Leeds away in the Cup in 73-74, I was spoilt for my first 7 years supporting City.

The next 35 seasons have more than made up for it though .......

I was in the EE when 38,000 crammed in the Gate v Scouse gits

Went total mental when CG scored the equaliser just before HT and the EE did not stop celebrating & singing till well after the players came out for the 2nd half

Kin magic..............38,000 rammed in the gate.........never will be seen again

(a good enuf reason as any for those who keep asking why we need a new stadium)

Estimates at the time put the City v Liverpool crowd at over 41k. Thousands apparently weren't included in the official figure. I was also in the East End and you literally couldn't move with the gangways packed and the walkway behind 6 deep. It was a swaying mass of fans that we'd only seen the like of on TV with the Anfield Kop. Even the Williams (Enclosure) was constantly surging.

Took ages to get out of the EE after the match with thousands singing, "Coventry, Coventry, here we come."

And go we did, 17 thousand of us, probably more.

You're right that scenes like that will never be seen again.

Archived