IGNORED

Bobby Reid?

!james

i like Bobby Reid, the pre season before last he bossed all of the friendlies, all of the reviews stated this so i hoped to see him break through. I have a feeling that he was going to be included recently but was one of those taken ill, he travels fairly regularly with the first team. The way he is running the show for the development squad with goals and assists i think he's very close to knocking on the door. Seems to have his head on too, keeps himself fit and is a sensible lad. Been here since he was about 8 - really needs a chance IMO, i dont think he will let anyone down but this game is all about opinions unfortunately

surely he's no worse than pearson??

What is this constant flagging off of Pearson? He's a decent player whose career tells you he can play.

As for Reid last year I thought he'd get released but he's done well in the U21 games, but they are not of the same standard.

I wouldn't mind seeing him on the bench now.

I said on another thread recently when having a conversation with Kilkenny on a night out (when not talking about himself) he was absolutely raving about Reid saying he was one to watch, I have only seen/heard good things from him. Hope he is given a chance at some stage, problem is he is playing with so much confidence for the under 21's bringing him into a struggling side may not always be beneficial!

With Kilkenny seemingly not the man to give us the creative spark we require in a 3 man midfield why not go with Reid? Skuse's injury paves the way for him to join Elliot and Pearson in midfield and it is worth giving the youngster a go. How can your best player from a pre-season 16 months still not have found himself on the pitch since then? Should he have been a player we'd signed who was say 25, not 18, on those performances he'd have been straight in the team. Should we opt for 2 wingers and the Pearson/Elliot duo in the middle then at least having Reid on the bench is another option to consider.

What is this constant flagging off of Pearson? He's a decent player whose career tells you he can play.

As for Reid last year I thought he'd get released but he's done well in the U21 games, but they are not of the same standard.

I wouldn't mind seeing him on the bench now.

Not sure what games you watch then.. A decent player in a lower league 1 team, yes.

Reid was excellent in the three friendlies I saw him in during the summer of 2011 (Torquay especially) and had we been able to field 7 subs last year he would probably have found a place on the bench at the start of last season.

To me he looks an exciting prospect. Someone with excellent close control, not afraid to run with the ball and able to pick a pass. As an earlier poster said, should we play 451 over the next few weeks while Skuse in injured there is no reason why he shouldn't be in contention for a place in the central three. It's not exactly as if Kilkenny or Morris have done anything to show that they should automatically be ahead of Reid!

As a few other people have said now isn't exactly an ideal time to start blooding a youth player and you would want to bring them in to a winning team full of confidence, but they would never get a place in a winning team full of confidence as there is no way you would drop someone out of such a team, so the reality is that most young players will come in when you're playing poorly as they are replacing underperforming first team pros.

Should he, or any other young player, get a go in the first team us fans have an important part to play. For example the idiots who felt the need to write off Joe Bryan on this forum because he didn't set the world alight against Burnley. Whenever any young player gets a chance in the first team they should receive full backing from all the fan base. Certainly when at a club who have been so starved of young players as we have over the last few years.

Personally I would put him on the bench for Sunday, you know how well City fans encourage the younger lads when they make an appearance if we find ourselves chasing the game the crowd anticpation and shouts of encouragement when he got the ball could actually rub off on the others. Just a thought

Exactly my thoughts, well said.

With Kilkenny seemingly not the man to give us the creative spark we require in a 3 man midfield why not go with Reid? Skuse's injury paves the way for him to join Elliot and Pearson in midfield and it is worth giving the youngster a go. How can your best player from a pre-season 16 months still not have found himself on the pitch since then? Should he have been a player we'd signed who was say 25, not 18, on those performances he'd have been straight in the team. Should we opt for 2 wingers and the Pearson/Elliot duo in the middle then at least having Reid on the bench is another option to consider.

The way i see it!

McMahon and Skuse are now out with long term injuries, so we could do worse than replacing them directly with James Wilson and Bobby Reid.

That's what youngsters/reserves are for - or should be - City shouldn't be be looking for yet another loan signing every time a first teamer gets injured.

A young player like Reid will either sink or swim, if they sink so be it, at least we'll know, but one thing that's certain is the AG crowd will be right behind any young player during their initial games for BCFC so they will be given every chance to show what they are capable of.

Let's not forget players like Gerry Gow and Geoff Merrick made their debuts for City in this division as 17 year olds so if City's youngsters have any potential at all get them in the team when the chance presents itself.

McMahon and Skuse are now out with long term injuries, so we could do worse than replacing them directly with James Wilson and Bobby Reid.

That's what youngsters/reserves are for - or should be - City shouldn't be be looking for yet another loan signing every time a first teamer gets injured.

A young player like Reid will either sink or swim, if they sink so be it, at least we'll know, but one thing that's certain is the AG crowd will be right behind any young player during their initial games for BCFC so they will be given every chance to show what they are capable of.

Let's not forget players like Gerry Gow and Geoff Merrick made their debuts for City in this division as 17 year olds so if City's youngsters have any potential at all get them in the team when the chance presents itself.

Very true and it's not as if football is a contact sport these days more like a ballet.

Reid was excellent in the three friendlies I saw him in during the summer of 2011 (Torquay especially) and had we been able to field 7 subs last year he would probably have found a place on the bench at the start of last season.

To me he looks an exciting prospect. Someone with excellent close control, not afraid to run with the ball and able to pick a pass. As an earlier poster said, should we play 451 over the next few weeks while Skuse in injured there is no reason why he shouldn't be in contention for a place in the central three. It's not exactly as if Kilkenny or Morris have done anything to show that they should automatically be ahead of Reid!

As a few other people have said now isn't exactly an ideal time to start blooding a youth player and you would want to bring them in to a winning team full of confidence, but they would never get a place in a winning team full of confidence as there is no way you would drop someone out of such a team, so the reality is that most young players will come in when you're playing poorly as they are replacing underperforming first team pros.

Should he, or any other young player, get a go in the first team us fans have an important part to play. For example the idiots who felt the need to write off Joe Bryan on this forum because he didn't set the world alight against Burnley. Whenever any young player gets a chance in the first team they should receive full backing from all the fan base. Certainly when at a club who have been so starved of young players as we have over the last few years.

I'd add to that he's pretty quick and got a very tidy free kick on him too. He does look like he's bulked out a little this season, so doesn't look as lightweight as he used to.

We could do a hell of a lot worse than give him a go from what I've seen of him.

Archived