IGNORED

No Time For A Knee-Jerk Reaction

harvey54

The current run is disturbing and, in the words of our manager, our form is embarrassing The players are not performing and the results speak for themselves. But, I do not think that now is the time for the manager's position to be questioned. The injuries that we have suffered to defenders this season have de-stabilised the team and have stripped away the confidence of the squad.

This time last season we were in a similar perilous position with a team that was playing poorly and without confidence. McInnes came in and turned things around in a very short time. It was nothing short of miraculous that we ended the season in the form that we did, having beaten Southampton home and away, drawn at home and away to West Ham and playing some attractive football along the way.

Derek McInnes did that.

This season with a couple of decent signings in Heaton and Cunningham we started with 2 cracking home wins against sides that have gone on to challenge for promotion. We looked fitter than I have seen a Bristol City side look for many years and we looked organised. Then came the Peterborough game and the injuries started. To lose all of your back four and their replacements at some stage this season has devastated the side. We don't have strength in depth in this squad and fringe players have been asked to come into a team low on confidence and struggling for form. The results speak for themselves.

The board must act in January if we are to stop this inevitable slide towards Division 1. They should forget about building a new stadium for the time being and focus on bringing fresh new young players to the club so that McInnes can start to rebuild the side. A brand new stadium is going to look slightly foolish with 6500 fans in it when we are playing Oldham on a Tuesday night next season.

Derek McInnes was brought in to keep this side up last season and them to build on this. He succeeded in the first part of the job and should be given more significant support by the board in January to complete the task. If we don't get new players in we are going to be relegated.

Simple as..........

Harve

what a post i couldnt agree more. Fans are now now now its rediculous. Imagine if Fergie took over United now do you think they would have waitied four years for a trophy?? Patience is a virtue.

I cant see why people are all doom and gloom. It could be so much worse look at the gas bottom tier of the football league. Were not that bad were just going through some really tricky times at the moment. But i still have faith we will finish mid table.

The current run is disturbing and, in the words of our manager, our form is embarrassing The players are not performing and the results speak for themselves. But, I do not think that now is the time for the manager's position to be questioned. The injuries that we have suffered to defenders this season have de-stabilised the team and have stripped away the confidence of the squad.

This time last season we were in a similar perilous position with a team that was playing poorly and without confidence. McInnes came in and turned things around in a very short time. It was nothing short of miraculous that we ended the season in the form that we did, having beaten Southampton home and away, drawn at home and away to West Ham and playing some attractive football along the way.

Derek McInnes did that.

This season with a couple of decent signings in Heaton and Cunningham we started with 2 cracking home wins against sides that have gone on to challenge for promotion. We looked fitter than I have seen a Bristol City side look for many years and we looked organised. Then came the Peterborough game and the injuries started. To lose all of your back four and their replacements at some stage this season has devastated the side. We don't have strength in depth in this squad and fringe players have been asked to come into a team low on confidence and struggling for form. The results speak for themselves.

The board must act in January if we are to stop this inevitable slide towards Division 1. They should forget about building a new stadium for the time being and focus on bringing fresh new young players to the club so that McInnes can start to rebuild the side. A brand new stadium is going to look slightly foolish with 6500 fans in it when we are playing Oldham on a Tuesday night next season.

Derek McInnes was brought in to keep this side up last season and them to build on this. He succeeded in the first part of the job and should be given more significant support by the board in January to complete the task. If we don't get new players in we are going to be relegated.

Simple as..........

Harve

Which new players will want to sign for a team in a relegation zone?

I don't think he is up for it,

a year on with his own team his own coaches and his tactics we are in a worse postion (not points wise)

We've not strengthened the defense somthing thats needed to be done since johnson left,

We may be entertaining at home its not producing results,

on paper this is the strongest team we've had since the 70's its stronger then the team that started the play-off final yet its making basic mistakes,

We've been too loyal to players Skuse isn't the best midfielder we have yet starts every game Carey was only given a contract out of loyalty nothing to do with his declining ability Fontaine has been a shambles and should of been dropped,

Its the weakness in the manager not standing up and making the tough calls,

The side isn't settled and is changed every week the formation is different every week it was the same in our battle last season,

We need a settled squad who know what they are doing not a gung ho team with no clue how to defend,

I said I'd give him until xmas but that has waned for me he needed 7 points from the next 3 games but he has failed,

Its time for the board to grow a pair and sack him, Stick Alex Russel in charge until a replacement can be found

He's got to be given more time yet, at least until Christmas. I remember when we lost nine in a row under Gary Johnson, once we broke the sequence we went seven games unbeaten. I'd like to believe last night was the low point of our run, once it gets to the stage that nobody expects us to win it takes the pressure off the players. Bad news about Skuse and McManus but we've got a big squad and we were losing games with them in the side anyway, some forced changes might be a blessing.

He's got to be given more time yet, at least until Christmas. I remember when we lost nine in a row under Gary Johnson, once we broke the sequence we went seven games unbeaten. I'd like to believe last night was the low point of our run, once it gets to the stage that nobody expects us to win it takes the pressure off the players. Bad news about Skuse and McManus but we've got a big squad and we were losing games with them in the side anyway, some forced changes might be a blessing.

the difference being johnson just took over and had tinnions squad McInnes has built his own squad

We are a drift in the bottom 3 he needs to go

He's had 51 games in charge we've won 14 of those and lost 25 of those, his record is worse the millen I can't give him anymore time

Derek McInnes did that.

Simple as..........

Harve

A great post. We must keep fighting, the problems at this football club are more deep-rooted than the manager and we MUST give him the chance to turn this around.

I cant see why people are all doom and gloom. It could be so much worse look at the gas bottom tier of the football league. Were not that bad were just going through some really tricky times at the moment. But i still have faith we will finish mid table.

I'm sorry but I don't base my happiness of this situation on not being gas. With respect I couldn't give a toss what division they're in.

the difference being johnson just took over and had tinnions squad McInnes has built his own squad

He's had 51 games in charge we've won 14 of those and lost 25 of those, his record is worse the millen I can't give him anymore time

I'm a believer in McInnes but those stats are shocking.

Look at it this way, if we were looking to appoint a manager and that was on his CV would he get a second glance? There would be an absolute riot on here if the board was seen to be considering him.

That said, we've made our bed and now have to sleep in it. He needs full backing from those that matter,the board, his staff and players and his paying customers the fans. I think he needs more experienced help, I'm not keen on the D of F way, but for many it can help. He needs someone with contacts and quickly.

Monkey- "strongest team we've had since the 70s" are you serious? How long have you been watching City?

I can think of several sides that were better, including the one in GJ's 2nd season up and the one Jordan left us in 90/91.

Johnson took over and had a relatively cheap squad to de-ssemble before "turning it around"

McInnes hasn't had that luxury

Millen didn't go forwards at all - we had a distinct lack of ambition and at no stage did anyone genuinely believe we could kick on

McInnes started this year well, showed we have the ability to scored 4 goals in a game

There were teams that weren't much worse than us under Millen

We've played (and admitedly lost) games against a number of teams that don't look up to much this season

The difference is, McInnes has shown he can do it

Millen never gave us that

Coppell came in, he bought, we lost, he left

Johnson hit his level with us, showing strength through loyalty in players and when he lost that loyalty we dwindled fast

Long term ambition, if it means falling to rise again then so be it.

Del or No Del?

Noel, i'm going to Del

Johnson took over and had a relatively cheap squad to de-ssemble before "turning it around"

McInnes hasn't had that luxury

Millen didn't go forwards at all - we had a distinct lack of ambition and at no stage did anyone genuinely believe we could kick on

McInnes started this year well, showed we have the ability to scored 4 goals in a game

There were teams that weren't much worse than us under Millen

We've played (and admitedly lost) games against a number of teams that don't look up to much this season

The difference is, McInnes has shown he can do it

Millen never gave us that

Coppell came in, he bought, we lost, he left

Johnson hit his level with us, showing strength through loyalty in players and when he lost that loyalty we dwindled fast

Long term ambition, if it means falling to rise again then so be it.

Del or No Del?

Noel, i'm going to Del

but those two wins against cardiff and palace are looking more and more like a fluke,

I have given him enough time we have signed 8 players we but only strengthened one weak postion

I really wanted him to do well but he is out of his depth he hasn't really acheved anything in football we've taken a punt and its failed

but those two wins against cardiff and palace are looking more and more like a fluke,

I have given him enough time we have signed 8 players we but only strengthened one weak postion

I really wanted him to do well but he is out of his depth he hasn't really acheved anything in football we've taken a punt and its failed

How well did we play? everything clicked against Cardiff & Palace (I was at Palace not Cardiff)

12 Months isn't tme, not for me

I agree we haven't strengthened enough but I believe there is more to come

How well did we play? everything clicked against Cardiff & Palace (I was at Palace not Cardiff)

12 Months isn't tme, not for me

I agree we haven't strengthened enough but I believe there is more to come

I've given him the same time I gave Millen he's had a full pre-season he's had funds to strengthen he has built his team its not worked,

in any job a year is more then enough time to know if you can do it he's been here a year and doesn't know his strongest team or tactics, Millen did but never had the tactical I love you to make it effective,

We have a 5ft 7 striker yet lump long balls to him we have 2 6ft target men yet try and play football through them,

Its basic stuff you teach at schoolboy level and we are getting it wrong, like passing across our 6 yard box (against leeds) not kicking into touch when under pressure, not winning a single 2nd ball for more then a month,

Its basic basic it stuff, you can't play with two wingers if the full backs can't overlap you can't play two non tackling centre midfileders you can't play the offside game with a static defense,

I've given him the same time I gave Millen he's had a full pre-season he's had funds to strengthen he has built his team its not worked,

in any job a year is more then enough time to know if you can do it he's been here a year and doesn't know his strongest team or tactics, Millen did but never had the tactical I love you to make it effective,

We have a 5ft 7 striker yet lump long balls to him we have 2 6ft target men yet try and play football through them,

Its basic stuff you teach at schoolboy level and we are getting it wrong, like passing across our 6 yard box (against leeds) not kicking into touch when under pressure, not winning a single 2nd ball for more then a month,

Its basic basic it stuff, you can't play with two wingers if the full backs can't overlap you can't play two non tackling centre midfileders you can't play the offside game with a static defense,

You've got to give a manager one whole season at least, surely ?

You've got to give a manager one whole season at least, surely ?

if it wasn't 6 defeats in a row with his own team i would agree, if we had 2 maybe 3 draws instead of 6 in a row I would agree if it was just after taking over from millen i would agree,

But its not its his team and his tactics that are wrong and when you start to wonder what tactics you will be playing or questioning baffling subs then questions are asked of the manager

For the record I dislike millen, I like McInnes and really wanted him to do well but after saturdays defeat I said he must take 7 points from the next 3 games or he will have to go, he failed at the first hurdle so I must stick with my call,

If (like at the start of the season) we were missing out due to bad luck or a refs call I could take that but its not bad luck its bad performances and its looking like the the team don't have a clue, which is where the mistakes are coming from,

There is no leadership on or off the pitch again for the 2nd year in a row

If (like at the start of the season) we were missing out due to bad luck or a refs call I could take that but its not bad luck its bad performances and its looking like the the team don't have a clue, which is where the mistakes are coming from,

There is no leadership on or off the pitch again for the 2nd year in a row

I understand where you're coming from - but the injuries can't have been much more unlucky

It IS McInnes' fault for not strengthening the depth in the positions but as many goals as they have conceeded, the defence hasn't been able to build any kind of consistency as well as being completely shot for confidence.

Likewise, Fontaine's catastrophic dip in form couldn't have been predicted and he has shown the defensive capabilities of being a £1m defender

The positives outweigh the negatives from what Del has done IMO

Now is his real test, to dig deep and grind a result from somewhere to get some confidence back

I understand where you're coming from - but the injuries can't have been much more unlucky

It IS McInnes' fault for not strengthening the depth in the positions but as many goals as they have conceeded, the defence hasn't been able to build any kind of consistency as well as being completely shot for confidence.

Likewise, Fontaine's catastrophic dip in form couldn't have been predicted and he has shown the defensive capabilities of being a £1m defender

The positives outweigh the negatives from what Del has done IMO

Now is his real test, to dig deep and grind a result from somewhere to get some confidence back

yes it could of, we made him our leader he isn't aleader anyone watching fontaine throughout his career will tell you he only performs when he has a dominant good in the air centre half alongside him, we haven't got one anymore it use to be carey but his natual ability is declining and he's needed to be replaced for 2 years now,

There are a few positives but unlike you i feel all the negitives now outweigh them,

yes it could of, we made him our leader he isn't aleader anyone watching fontaine throughout his career will tell you he only performs when he has a dominant good in the air centre half alongside him, we haven't got one anymore it use to be carey but his natual ability is declining and he's needed to be replaced for 2 years now,

Fair Kop, the leadership thing was a bad move

I'm holding out for Cunningham. It all went badly wrong after he went, we were scoring enough to temporarily paper over the cracks when he was in the team. January is big - but we surely need to sell/loan out to bring in

I'm holding out for Cunningham. It all went badly wrong after he went, we were scoring enough to temporarily paper over the cracks when he was in the team. January is big - but we surely need to sell/loan out to bring in

We need at least 3 experienced players who are still willing to give it (unlike morris)

If their wages are above the norm, pay it.

If other team members moan tough, until they reach a certain consistency and have the fire to do better then they might get that rise.

But too many players get paid and have an easy ride and are content.

If the board want survival they HAVE to pay more.

We need at least 3 experienced players who are still willing to give it (unlike morris)

If their wages are above the norm, pay it.

If other team members moan tough, until they reach a certain consistency and have the fire to do better then they might get that rise.

But too many players get paid and have an easy ride and are content.

If the board want survival they HAVE to pay more.

I agree, mostly.

It's a financial gamble with FFP but money coming into the club isn't going to go up so the board will have to take a risk while they're still allowed to

I'd take a heafty fine, 12 point deduction and a transfer embargo if it meant we finished with 70+ points next season in the championship next season

This is a very big ship which will take a lot of time to turn

I agree, mostly.

It's a financial gamble with FFP but money coming into the club isn't going to go up so the board will have to take a risk while they're still allowed to

I'd take a heafty fine, 12 point deduction and a transfer embargo if it meant we finished with 70+ points next season in the championship next season

This is a very big ship which will take a lot of time to turn

ffp dont kick in for two years!

Derek McInnes did that.

Simple as..........

Harve

Top post, cant keep chopping and changing the manager when the team goes on a bad run! Where is the stability? Del has work to do and he will turn it around! A year is not enough to turn this club around and we've had 4 years of going backwards beforehand... towards the end of the Johnno tenure and then on. Cant keep looking at the quick fix factor, Lansdown and the board should be held accountable.. Their descision making has been atrocious for years!

Cunningham is a great player and it has gone wrong, I'd be intrested to see how many goals we've concided down the left flank sinces he's gone,

I think we need to drop albert and Baldock put an extra midfielder and play a bit of kick and rush at the moment to grind out a few results and try and get confidance back,

Archived