IGNORED

Sunderland's Mcclean Refuses To Wear Poppy

TinnionForEngland

Oh the irony of it all, we wear our poppys with pride on 11-11 and so

do our brave service personell,

sadly the poppy is the source of the heroin trade in afghanistan that funds the taliban !!!

I don't suppose those issuing death threats to McLean do irony either. Those that gave their lives in WW1 in particular fought in a war to end all wars, and some seek to defend their sacrafice by threatening to kill others. Completely ****** up.

I don't suppose those issuing death threats to McLean do irony either. Those that gave their lives in WW1 in particular fought in a war to end all wars, and some seek to defend their sacrafice by threatening to kill others. Completely ****** up.

Eloquently put, unfortunately during wars, not only the good survive, bad comment i know but true nontheless

If there is anyone who has served in the armed forces on here who is offended by this then I respect their point of view. The rest of you are guilty of being offended on other people's behalf, which is ridiculous.

Nonsense, we are British, our parents, siblings and off-spring fight, or have fought to defend our country. Some didn't come back from the battlefield. We all owe them our respect, if you don't respect what they have done or are doing then please get on the next plane/boat/train out of Britain.

Nonsense, we are British, our parents, siblings and off-spring fight, or have fought to defend our country. Some didn't come back from the battlefield. We all owe them our respect, if you don't respect what they have done or are doing then please get on the next plane/boat/train out of Britain.

So if relatives or friends have been adversely effected by the British army, would you still have the same opinion.

Unless you live in someone else's shoes who has been on the wrong side of the British army, then you shouldn't judge their decision.

You do understand that there is a significant community in Northern Ireland that regard themselves as Irish and the British as occupiers? There's been a lot of trouble over it - it's been in all the papers.

So if relatives or friends have been adversely effected by the British army, would you still have the same opinion.

Unless you live in someone else's shoes who has been on the wrong side of the British army, then you shouldn't judge their decision.

Lefty nonsense. We civilised the world. If it wasn't for our empire people would be speaking French and pissing in the street. Forget anti-colonial guilt, suck it up and man up. Be proud of being British. The first prize in the lottery of life.

If there is anyone who has served in the armed forces on here who is offended by this then I respect their point of view. The rest of you are guilty of being offended on other people's behalf, which is ridiculous.

Rubbish. Of course you can be offended when someone fails to offer some respect to ordinary men and women who fought and died for the country they now live and work in.

Lefty nonsense. We civilised the world. If it wasn't for our empire people would be speaking French and pissing in the street. Forget anti-colonial guilt, suck it up and man up. Be proud of being British. The first prize in the lottery of life.

I am proud of being British. Where do his family originate from though Eire? If so he ain't British.

Archived