IGNORED

Elliott

bcfctim

Get the feeling killa's gonna get a lot of stick today, but Marvin's performance was an absolute disgrace.

He was a passenger all day and seemed completely uninterested. Showed absolutely no urgency, didn't close anyone down, get into space for a pass, make a forward run of any kind. Kilkenny may have been poor, but at least he wanted the ball, at least he tried to put some pressure on and make a tackle, just a shame he's about as powerful as a pussycat.

But Elliott today had no fight in him whatsoever, less than a shadow of the player he was in our playoff final season. When we attacked Elliott was in a CB position, and when they broke away he jogged back nonchalantly as if he was a centre forward.

The worst thing is - that was probably the midfield most of us would have picked going into the game. I really can't see us staying up with any of our current midfield combinations.

I wonder where this puts the theory that Skuse is responsible for the disappearing midfield...?

Just sayin'.

To be honest none of our midfielders seem championship standard. However, this being my first game since Leeds, i really cannot see how Skuse or Pearson can be anywhere near as bad as Elliott was today. And that was the midfield for the Palace and Cardiff games let's not forget.

Elliot was indeed awful. As for kilkenny, I thought he did alright. He was about the only player, along with Foster, who didn't automatically lump it up front every single time. He tried to play creative, forward passes.

Bloody hell, i must have watched a different game, Foster was awful (as usual)

I wonder where this puts the theory that Skuse is responsible for the disappearing midfield...?

Just sayin'.

well this is my theory, skuse pearson and elliot are shocking players no were near good for this division nd morris ? why the hell did we even sign the bloke :S elliot was so bad today and i have never rated him some say he is a tryer no way he didnt win any headers for us made no takles give the ball away as soon as he had it he is a donkey, like watching bamby on ice how anyone can rate that bloke is mind boggling !

Don’t blame Elliot. He’s past his sell by date but the fact he is still playing for City is down to poor management at the club. He should have been off loaded a couple of years ago and would now be playing will for a league 1 - 2 club.

Elliot is possibly the worst player in the championship and would struggle to get in many L1 teams. He was horrendous today.

Completely agree about Elliott, dreadful from start to finish. I also thought James Wilson was terrible, can't pass and certainly can't defend.. utterly useless!

Elliot does his best and puts everything in, I can't fault that. It's his actually quality on and off the ball that makes me doubt him.

I'd agree, he may let you down from time to time, but it's not because of not trying.

I liked his reaction to his cock up, it looked like it hurt him, unlike the shrug of shoulders and head down approach of Fontaine.

Not the most talented bloke, but someone when fully fit, is great to play alongside

I'd agree, he may let you down from time to time, but it's not because of not trying.

I liked his reaction to his cock up, it looked like it hurt him, unlike the shrug of shoulders and head down approach of Fontaine.

Not the most talented bloke, but someone when fully fit, is great to play alongside

His time with us should now be over, agreed about his reaction about his balls up, shows he cares, I will mainly look back with good memories of Marv but unfortunately he's just not able to compete at this standard anymore.

well this is my theory, skuse pearson and elliot are shocking players no were near good for this division nd morris ? why the hell did we even sign the bloke :S elliot was so bad today and i have never rated him some say he is a tryer no way he didnt win any headers for us made no takles give the ball away as soon as he had it he is a donkey, like watching bamby on ice how anyone can rate that bloke is mind boggling !

So who exactly does that leave in midfield? Not that Del was using it much today if the reality on the pitch were his tactics; i.e. long balls from the back. Perhaps, given those facts, he would have been better off playing 6 at the back and 4 up front. Desperate times and all.

Archived