IGNORED

Elliott

bcfctim

Marvin has not been the same player since he returned from injury, I believe he always gives 100%, but it is just not enough anymore. As for Kilkenny, if he spent as much time tackling and actually passing the ball (not putting his foot on it and knocking it 10 yards sideways) as he does mouthing off at everyone on the pitch he might be worth selecting. I have never seen someone mouth off as much on a football pitch in my life, and it's not passion either...he is just a gobby little shite :).

If we go down (and I believe we will) it will be because of the lack of any bite and commitment in midfield as well as any creativity whatsoever, the defence is shocking yes, but if we could EVER win a second ball or press the opposition in their own half then the defense would not be s*****g themselves for 90 minutes.

Marv, Pearson, 'Killa' and Skuse...Player for player these lads are just not Championship quality.

Wondering if Elliot would be better off as a CB! Surely can't be much worse than what we have, and we know he can head the ball....

Head a ball.. your joking right... he must have a square head as he heads it one way & it goes flying off in another direction!

Having said that, he couldn't do worse that the so called defence.... or could he!

Head a ball.. your joking right... he must have a square head as he heads it one way & it goes flying off in another direction!

Having said that, he couldn't do worse that the so called defence.... or could he!

I'm sure that would be decent enough to get rid of the ball in our own box. Knowing our luck he'd start sticking em into the net!!

Completely agree about Elliott, dreadful from start to finish. I also thought James Wilson was terrible, can't pass and certainly can't defend.. utterly useless!

Disagree with you on WIlson. Personally I thought that Fontaine and Wilson were two of our best players Yesterday. In terms of basic defending, they won most headers and tackled well enough. Only criticism would be that they were too slow reacting to the loose ball for the first goal. Admittedly distribution from the back was poor and they hoofed it up to Baldock and Taylor everytime. However, the movement in midfield was non-existent which gave the defenders little choice to keep targetting Taylor as he was the only threat offered.

I believe the defense is good enough for the Championship, they just need a confidence booster (i.e. clean sheet) and stop panicking which is leadig to the mistakes.

The midfield however, is poor. No movement, can't keep the ball and offer nothing defensively. As others have said before, our problem lies in the middle of the park. Our inability to keep the ball away from opponents and put them under pressure invites them onto us and leaves our defence exposed. As somebody else pointed out, I thought Pearson looked decent and helped us address these problems to an extent.

2 QUALITY centre mids at this level I believe would be enough to install a bit of confidence and be enough to keep us up this year.

I always reckon his headers are like unguided missiles - they can go anywhere!

Bloody hell, i must have watched a different game, Foster was awful (as usual)

I take exception to this, whilst Foster didn't have his best game, the one thing you will always get with him is commitment. If a few others had the same integrity we might be a little better off.

Disagree with you on WIlson. Personally I thought that Fontaine and Wilson were two of our best players Yesterday. In terms of basic defending, they won most headers and tackled well enough. Only criticism would be that they were too slow reacting to the loose ball for the first goal. Admittedly distribution from the back was poor and they hoofed it up to Baldock and Taylor everytime. However, the movement in midfield was non-existent which gave the defenders little choice to keep targetting Taylor as he was the only threat offered.

I believe the defense is good enough for the Championship, they just need a confidence booster (i.e. clean sheet) and stop panicking which is leadig to the mistakes.

The midfield however, is poor. No movement, can't keep the ball and offer nothing defensively. As others have said before, our problem lies in the middle of the park. Our inability to keep the ball away from opponents and put them under pressure invites them onto us and leaves our defence exposed. As somebody else pointed out, I thought Pearson looked decent and helped us address these problems to an extent.

2 QUALITY centre mids at this level I believe would be enough to install a bit of confidence and be enough to keep us up this year.

1st of all I agree about Centre midfield needing to be strengthened.

I can't however agree about Wilsons defending. He was playing 2 or 3 yards behind the rest of defence, we had no flat line at all in the first half.

He might have won 1 or 2 headers but more by luck than judgement, he was too slow to react for the 2nd ball, got pulled out of position time & again and generally didn't read the game at all well.

Id rather have a 35 year old Carey, who at least looks like he cares and will chuck himself in front of the ball.

hahah i like this yes thats another thing marv does no direction on his headers atall just so poor in ever single department !

Archived