IGNORED

Where Is Steve Lansdown ?

Robbie_Turner

As mentioned in a previous post I couldnt make it to the game due to working shifts 90 miles away :-(

For all I know Mr Lansdowne was there - but is the fact that our club is in freefall not really bothering him ?

Since he moved away and distanced himself from responsibilities at the club we have slowly but surely been going

backwards, unyet change is not being made....unless its sacking people at the club and putting people into jobs

they either aren't up to or have little experience at doing. Its concerning to the point that you just cant see where the

negativity is going to end.

The last 2 appointments have been 'nice' appointments, nice Keith Millen followed by nice Derek McInnes - both just too nice

with seemingly no nasty streak to them. Maybe this is what Steve wants...'yes' men that know they have a small budget

and wont argue but just sit there and be happy to be in a job. Before this it was 'nice' Steve Copout.

My opinion is its time to get nasty, tiime to Get a Billy Davies, a Neil Warnock an Ian Holloway....someone that will say no, someone

that will question decisions in the boardroom and will go knocking the chairmans door down. Someone that will back their players but

privately will tell them what he thinks and remind them how bl00dy lucky they are to be footballers and 'earning' a fortune.

The blame this evening is firmly at Del's door closely followed by the players. Maybe , just maybe Mr Lansdowne should be

taking some of the blame for a change instead of being wrapped in cotton wool with everyone saying how he funds us - almost to the

point that he's beyond criticism. Well he's not and he needs to sort this bl00dy mess out sooner rather than later.

Where are you Steve ??? and what are you gonna do to put this club straight ? Cause since the play off final in 2008 we have just got worse

and worse.

As mentioned in a previous post I couldnt make it to the game due to working shifts 90 miles away :-(

For all I know Mr Lansdowne was there - but is the fact that our club is in freefall not really bothering him ?

Since he moved away and distanced himself from responsibilities at the club we have slowly but surely been going

backwards, unyet change is not being made....unless its sacking people at the club and putting people into jobs

they either aren't up to or have little experience at doing. Its concerning to the point that you just cant see where the

negativity is going to end.

The last 2 appointments have been 'nice' appointments, nice Keith Millen followed by nice Derek McInnes - both just too nice

with seemingly no nasty streak to them. Maybe this is what Steve wants...'yes' men that know they have a small budget

and wont argue but just sit there and be happy to be in a job. Before this it was 'nice' Steve Copout.

My opinion is its time to get nasty, tiime to Get a Billy Davies, a Neil Warnock an Ian Holloway....someone that will say no, someone

that will question decisions in the boardroom and will go knocking the chairmans door down. Someone that will back their players but

privately will tell them what he thinks and remind them how bl00dy lucky they are to be footballers and 'earning' a fortune.

The blame this evening is firmly at Del's door closely followed by the players. Maybe , just maybe Mr Lansdowne should be

taking some of the blame for a change instead of being wrapped in cotton wool with everyone saying how he funds us - almost to the

point that he's beyond criticism. Well he's not and he needs to sort this bl00dy mess out sooner rather than later.

Where are you Steve ??? and what are you gonna do to put this club straight ? Cause since the play off final in 2008 we have just got worse

and worse.

He was there, the mentioned it after the interview

Mr. Lansdown, at least get the spelling right. Not difficult.

And as for being bothered... an individual puts millions into a football club and no matter what the circumstances we find ourselves in you find the need to ask such a question. Pretty poor if you ask me.

"Gratitude is a sickness suffered by dogs" - Joseph Stalin. Of course, one might choose not to accept Uncle Joe as a moral arbiter...

And as for being bothered... an individual puts millions into a football club and no matter what the circumstances we find ourselves in you find the need to ask such a question. Pretty poor if you ask me.

Provides interest free loans - he wants his money back.

Its my opinion - is that not allowed ?? If McWinless is giving the players a b0ll0cking then If I were Mr LANSDOWN I for one would want to know what the hell is going on

at the club I own - I am pumping money into - regardless of if I want the money back or not. Maybe he is doing just that, but I stick by my original assessment, everything and

everyone is just 'too nice' all in their little comfort zones.

Maybe its time for him to go find a buyer - other clubs have managed it - maybe its our turn.

"Gratitude is a sickness suffered by dogs" - Joseph Stalin. Of course, one might choose not to accept Uncle Joe as a moral arbiter...

Uncle Joe Stalin was a winner for the Red Army and Soviet Union, that's for sure, no matter what politically correct revisionists think of his methods.

Steve Lansdown is in the lifeboat....he flagged his intention to abandon the sinking ship when he stepped back and then got involved with Bristol RFC.

You're probably right. Had Steve Lansdown put in the same amount of cash for Bristol RFC as he's put into this football club then Bristol RFC would probably be at the top of the rugby Premier League and doing well in Europe. Steve Lansdown undoubtedly realises this.

ark at this billy big time do one clever clogs

Provides interest free loans - he wants his money back.

Its my opinion - is that not allowed ?? If McWinless is giving the players a b0ll0cking then If I were Mr LANSDOWN I for one would want to know what the hell is going on

at the club I own - I am pumping money into - regardless of if I want the money back or not. Maybe he is doing just that, but I stick by my original assessment, everything and

everyone is just 'too nice' all in their little comfort zones.

Maybe its time for him to go find a buyer - other clubs have managed it - maybe its our turn.

I was opining on on this remark by you:-

"but is the fact that our club is in freefall not really bothering him?"

You were asking what appears to be a straight question but in your reply you seem to suggest it is, in fact, a rhetorical one.

Either way of course you are permitted an opinion, perhaps not by Stalin, but rhetorical or no I too am permitted one and, as I said, I think the question is dumb. Sorry for that Chumley.

By murdering more people than the Nazis?

Interesting way of viewing one of the worst mass murderers in history.

Not a Stalin apologist but I dare say without his, admittedly extremely brutual style, rushed development etc Nazis would have rolled through USSR, to Moscow and beyond and left Hitler etc to focus on one front only. USSR pre Stalin was fairly agrarian, backward militarily etc.

I was opining on on this remark by you:-

"but is the fact that our club is in freefall not really bothering him?"

You were asking what appears to be a straight question but in your reply you seem to suggest it is, in fact, a rhetorical one.

Either way of course you are permitted an opinion, perhaps not by Stalin, but rhetorical or no I too am permitted one and, as I said, I think the question is dumb. Sorry for that Chumley.

Blimey - how picky !!!???????? Sorry I'm sure that your superior knowledge has found me out. I think the majority get what I'm trying to say - even if its way below you.

I dont think there's any need to be nasty - and whats with the Chumley ????

Not a Stalin apologist but I dare say without his, admittedly extremely brutual style, rushed development etc Nazis would have rolled through USSR, to Moscow and beyond and left Hitler etc to focus on one front only. USSR pre Stalin was fairly agrarian, backward militarily etc.

I don't think you can assume that a free people would have defended the Motherland with any less vigour. Also many countries were backward at that time and the USSR economy was undoubtedly held back by a succession of 'Plans' and a mentality from which they are only recently recovering.

It was indeed a brutal time and it's well documented that returning Russian prisoners of war were immediately sent to the gulags because of their 'contamination' caused by contact with the West and suffered worse conditions there than at the hands of the Germans.

If you've not already read it 'The Gulag Archipelago' by Solzhenitzyn is a harrowing account of 'life' under Stalin.

By murdering more people than the Nazis?

Interesting way of viewing one of the worst mass murderers in history.

Russia under the Czars was beaten by the Germans, when the Soviets under Lenin took over in 1917 there was no other choice than surrender to the German Kaiser on really shit terms. In June 1941 Stalin's USSR faced the military might of the German Army - the best led and best army of that period. By 1945 the elite of that German Army and Adolf Hitler's Waffen SS had been beaten and bled dry by Stalin's Red Army and Red Airforce and the Red Army were in Berlin and taking liberties in May of that year. Joe Stalin may have been merciless but life would have been far far worse for the Russian people had there been no Stalin because I reckon the Germans would have won in the East and either enslaved or killed the Russians because that was the Nazi plan for them.

No direct mention of Del in his statement. One would imagine that is the question every fan wants addressed and he only refers to the 'management team'.

The statement is just more generic drivel from the press office.

“We’ve got some good players, a good squad and a good management team – we have to all work hard to get to where we want to be."

“Derek has come in to help turn this football club around and a lot of work has gone on behind the scenes, with the Academy, the under-21 team and management structure. We’re working forward, we’re not looking to change that and we’ll keep investing to make it happen."

Couple of mentions about Derek in there. I don't think we're pulling the trigger on the manager just yet.

One thing I would disagree with is we don't have a good squad. I'd like to think the players are taking a pasting off their manager and that's why we haven't heard from him. Time to pull your socks up and earn your money lads.

Archived