IGNORED

Lets Be Positive!

CheddarReds

Bryan, same age as Briggs, looks about as good. Nyatanga, killing his confidence for when he needs to call him up. Carey and Wilson second fiddle behind McManus when fit, with no real improvement. What does that say to your squad? I am guessing they may be a bit miffed.

From the outside it seems to be Del himself that is killing confidence. And what he is doing to Fontaine is nothing short of disgraceful. He should have been taken out of the firing line months ago!

About Fontaine, who is there to replace him? Nyatanga and Wilson are not good enough. Simple as that! We are at that stage where we have no choice but to play him.

Well i paid for my ticket so i can say what ever i want. Your just another city fan happy to pat the backs of under-performing players whilst they suck the life out of our club. And you call yourself a city fan?

I quoted

Being a supporter means through thick and thin "to refuse to get behind your team "I think this is not the feelings of true supporters of BCFC COYR CITY till I die

Were did I say i pat the backs of players and YES I do call myself a City fan I support the team through the good times and the bad

Perhaps you should try doing the same And please do not question by support / love of my football club as I am a City fan and will always be a City fan I never said you can't say what you want just sometimes respect other people's views COYR. CITY till I die

I quoted

Being a supporter means through thick and thin "to refuse to get behind your team "I think this is not the feelings of true supporters of BCFC COYR CITY till I die

Were did I say i pat the backs of players and YES I do call myself a City fan I support the team through the good times and the bad

Perhaps you should try doing the same And please do not question by support / love of my football club as I am a City fan and will always be a City fan I never said you can't say what you want just sometimes respect other people's views COYR. CITY till I die

You mean thin and thinner over the past 4/5 years and not even a cup run to cheer us up .

About Fontaine, who is there to replace him? Nyatanga and Wilson are not good enough. Simple as that! We are at that stage where we have no choice but to play him.

Right, so you are saying both are playing worse than him when chosen? Fonts is a utter liability at the moment, both of these have more confidence about them at the moment. piss poor man management if you ask me.

You mean thin and thinner over the past 4/5 years and not even a cup run to cheer us up .

Let me guess now. Third Round drawn away to form team in Fourth Division. Lose 2-0. Usual "we can take positives from this" post-match interview :grr:

Just pray to God it's not the Gas :pray:

Just reading through this thread... A Bristol City fan who is positive about watching the club gets branded deluded ffs! No wonder why we are laughed at as a fanbase by other clubs! I supported City since '86 and have known this club to be in worst positions than where we are now! If fans are just going to snipe at others for getting behind the team no matter the result then why bother to pay for a ticket and turn up themselves? We have a fanbase more fickle than Wolves fans and thats saying summat! No idea why people are so miserable, we've hardly had serious fall from grace now have we? i.e won some major trophies and now bottom of the Championship. Time to face reality we are a small club who need to rebuild (again!) not dismantle. I'm sure people were calling for Johnnos head after he lost 9 on the spin and look what happened eventually....

Just reading through this thread... A Bristol City fan who is positive about watching the club gets branded deluded ffs! No wonder why we are laughed at as a fanbase by other clubs! I supported City since '86 and have known this club to be in worst positions than where we are now! If fans are just going to snipe at others for getting behind the team no matter the result then why bother to pay for a ticket and turn up themselves? We have a fanbase more fickle than Wolves fans and thats saying summat! No idea why people are so miserable, we've hardly had serious fall from grace now have we? i.e won some major trophies and now bottom of the Championship. Time to face reality we are a small club who need to rebuild (again!) not dismantle. I'm sure people were calling for Johnnos head after he lost 9 on the spin and look what happened eventually....

No idea why people are so miserable? Can I join your world please?

We're all frustrated right now and rightly so. The first few weeks of the season started so promisingly and now it's deja vu. We have to trust Del and the players to get the club out of this mess. Last year it was Stead who took the proverbial bull by the horns and ran himself ragged for the cause. That's the determination and effort that we need from the entire squad.

I think we all know that Del will be with us throughout this season, should we go down, he may be in a sticky spot, but I think he is with us, so we should back him to the hilt. spreading rumour and counter rumour can only further depress all at AG.

He needs to get back into the loan market with urgency, although there is little evidence of anything happening soon, strangely this and other forums are also very quite on the subject. As always COYR's!!

THATS all rite lets bring in some more loans but if the boy reid,new contract."21 cant get a place on the bench,wats the point !

Just wondered if people were so miserable because we were 20 points cut adrift and relegated?? I guess so.

No because we are bottom, and look shite. How anyway in gods green world can you be happy (and you must be if you are not miserable) with our position? Only people I can imagine not being miserable are the gas.

Fair play if you are not miserable, maybe like me you are too used to this shite to put effort into being miserable. But one thing is for sure, I will continue to question the direction this club is heading.

No because we are bottom, and look shite. How anyway in gods green world can you be happy (and you must be if you are not miserable) with our position? Only people I can imagine not being miserable are the gas.

Fair play if you are not miserable, maybe like me you are too used to this shite to put effort into being miserable. But one thing is for sure, I will continue to question the direction this club is heading.

Oh I question the direction the club are heading but at the top level, the board and Lansdown are dragging us down with the decision making which affects the long term future of the club! and btw yes I am used to this crap but its the kneejerk or same old reactions every week from fans that hack me off, the fickleness is a joke! We were all enjoying the signings Del made a few months back and now people (not here or not what i've seen) are slagging off the signings of Baldock and Co. Think its time for people to see that we have spent loose change compared to other clubs in this league due to squandering majorly in the past on deadwood and not being able to compete on the wage front either.

People keep saying 'I pay my money and am entitled to an opinon'... fine and dandy but so am I, I follow City home and away have done since I was old enough to go back in the mid 90s so I to am entitled to my opinion and if I choose to be positive then so be it! Bigger worries out there than how poor City are atm.

Bryan, same age as Briggs, looks about as good. Nyatanga, killing his confidence for when he needs to call him up. Carey and Wilson second fiddle behind McManus when fit, with no real improvement. What does that say to your squad? I am guessing they may be a bit miffed.

From the outside it seems to be Del himself that is killing confidence. And what he is doing to Fontaine is nothing short of disgraceful. He should have been taken out of the firing line months ago!

I'm glad I'm not alone in thinking that!

I thought Bryan, although he made a few errors, looked extremely promising at Watford and the silver lining in Cunningham's injury was that we would be able to give Bryan some much needed experience and a chance to develop.

Instead of that we decided to bring in Elokobi, play Fontaine and Foster out of position ahead of him and now we are giving a young, talented full back who looks defensively naive a golden opportunity to get some game time and develop. The only problem is we have decided to give this opportunity to somebody who belongs to Fulham rather than Bristol City.

Trouble is, the more he hits the loan market, the more he demoralises his own players, he is in between a rock and a hard place. His own players need to turn their form around. These constant loans are killing the confidence of not only the young fringe players but also the older ones. It is bad enough with us on their backs

Been saying this for several seasons. Get your 22/23 sorted at the start of the season and if you hit problems with injuries then either use a utility player, tinker with the formation, or bring in some fringe younger players to see you through. That is far more conducive to building team spirit than pouring money down the drain on loan signings and giving experience to players from other clubs.

They're out of it already courtesy of Sheff Utd.

Really? First good news for weeks. I wouldn't cross the street to watch them, which is about all I'd have to do. I wish I'd thought of declaring the Memstad a Town Green before they moved in to my area ;)

We have Joe Bryan & Joe Edwards to play yet he gets in Marc Wilson on a short term contract & wastes money on loanees at left back. So what does his actions say to them?

Signed a centre back in McManus who is no better than what we already have & guess what? He's injured again.

He signed an over 30 Morris minor in midfield whom he knows isn't good enough.

He's dropped Gerken AFTER saving a penalty. What about his confidence?

Made it clear to Bolasie he had a future elsewhere (when he should've started this season ahead of Albert) by signing Anderson, whom he never picks & every time I see him he looks completely unfit.

It is plain to see that SPL is nowhere near a comparison to Championship level.

He is out of his depth at this level

Are you for real?

I guess you sit with the 'happy twatters' at the bottom of the Atyeo E block (?). You seem to be saying that we should accept any old shite and still turn up, giving our undying support to a lost cause where most can see the very obvious problems. Still, if that works for you...

Bit harsh fella, I sit in block E and that was where most of the booing came from yesterday as the team walked off...(not from me mind you, I just offered my 'disappointed stare'.)

Archived