IGNORED

Can You Hear Fontaine Shout No No!

Cider Army

My only problem with that theory is that all players in the championship get paid big money (compared to the rest of us) and you wouldn't argue that they lack passion/commitment - especially the ones playing in the top six. Which suggests that it's our management team who are failing.

Charlton certainly didnt lack it thats for sure. I think we could all accept defeat if 100% was obviously being given.

Ive never been one for 'the manager should motivate the players'. Do players not have professional pride or will to win? I play sport at a decent level, i hate losing. I dont get paid i do it for myself, for some personal pride and accomplishment.

I cant believe players wouldnt want to work their b@llox off to win. Perhaps it is 'just a job'. To me lack of effort is inexcusable. But a negative on our management team is that del n doc dont seem to recognise the 'boys' arent working hard enough. Worrying if the management cant see what 12000 are seeing every other week!!

There's not one leader in that entire squad. I've rarely known City to be so short of characters. What we'd all give for a Shaun Taylor on the pitch.

You've hit the nail on the head there, we need somebody to lead and organise the team on the pitch as once they cross the white line it is their responsibility to get a result.

I can't visualise one player in our current squad with any leadership characteristics comparable to Shaun Taylor.

Fontaine is the least likely candidate to captain our team in my opinion, may as well let Heaton be the captain, at least he is more vocal

Archived