IGNORED

Worst Youv Evern Seen?

stephenkibby.

the club is in free fall, and todays and the last 11 or so performances have shown that.. one of the lowest points watching todays debacle for me personally..

Makes me think of those Air Crash Investigation programmes where the control cables have been cut and the plane is in a vertical dive.

Makes me think of those Air Crash Investigation programmes where the control cables have been cut and the plane is in a vertical dive.

I am tired of talking about how shite we are....

Did you see that Alaskan Airlines one where they plunged 30,000 feet vertically. Apparently everyone would have been alive in there going down, fk me how bad a way can you go.....

The football was, but so were the players by a long shot. At least Osman could organise a shower of shite to defend, even if they couldn't attack

I actually think we have better players up front now than we did before but the defence and middle is absolutely dire.

Howard Kendall always said you build good sides from the back not the front. We have clearly done the opposite.

I actually think we have better players up front now than we did before but the defence and middle is absolutely dire.

Howard Kendall always said you build good sides from the back not the front. We have clearly done the opposite.

Well, any striker would be better than Ian Brown :) but have a bit of Colin Loss in midfield to make up for it though :)

Did you see that Alaskan Airlines one where they plunged 30,000 feet vertically. Apparently everyone would have been alive in there going down, fk me how bad a way can you go.....

And all because the tight bastards didn't grease a bolt in the tailplane. Did anyone get jailed for that? My money says no. IMHO the chairman should have been dropped from a plane at 30,000 feet sans parachute, but then I'm sentimental like that. :ranting:

I wish that today was the worst game I had seen in a long time.

The disappointing thing is that it only qualifies as the worst game I've seen in about eight months since Peterborough away in February.

Certainly the worst this season though and for the first time this season I felt that we were suffering from a lack of fight and determination. It has to be said though that this is often appears the case in teams that are low in confidence and unlike many others I would hesitate before accusing the players of a lack of effort.

I was there today and most certainly it had to be right up there with the worst I've seen. Not one player in the starting 11 stood out as even putting in an effort. It was'nt until Stead and Davies came on that we looked like we might actually do something.

There are a few basics that the players need to understand.

1) It is best to try and keep the ball within the perimeter of the pitch. It is marked out with white lines to help you.

2) Trying to kick the ball as high in the air as possible is not a good tactic.

3) The idea is to try and get the ball past their Goalkeeper (he was the one in the white kit) and into the net thingy. Trying to get it past your own keeper (he was the one in orange) is also not a good tactic.

Why oh why when we have the ball on the halfway line do we pass it back to our keeper ?

On that performance we are doomed. The body language of DM showed a beaten man.

On the plus side of things..............the Dovecote do a very nice Sunday lunch !

I wish that today was the worst game I had seen in a long time.

The disappointing thing is that it only qualifies as the worst game I've seen in about eight months since Peterborough away in February.

Certainly the worst this season though and for the first time this season I felt that we were suffering from a lack of fight and determination. It has to be said though that this is often appears the case in teams that are low in confidence and unlike many others I would hesitate before accusing the players of a lack of effort.

3-0 was it?? i went to that, wow just wow nothing absoloute pathetic performance against a league 1 side..

Remember that 2-0 defeat to carlisle few years back in the carling cup? that was one of the worst performances i've ever seen too..

I've seen much worse than today, but today was awful in the context of losing the previous 6 games and the fact that we finally hit the bottom the league yesterday with Ipswich winning. Is it too much to expect that, their individual and collective pride would be so hurt that they would all be busting a gut to get something out of the game? The booing is well deserved, if we had lost but looked like we were up for it for 90 minutes the crowd would me more forgiving, as we would have seen something to give us hope. Afer all we still have 30 games to overturn a 4 point deficit. To be honest its now mirroring the last days of Tinnion, Johnson and Millen, they are playing as if they want the manager sacked. The soft under-belly of Bristol City has surfaced once again!

There is just nothing there, nothing at all.

Crap manager

Crap board

Crap academy

Crap players

Crap atmosphere

The whole club has a cloud of depression hanging over it and I dont believe their is one man within the club, from board room level to the players, who has the ability to get us up for a fight.

Weak, amateur club

Rather that than drowning. Imagine being trapped in the bottom of a ship, no way out with water coming in, scratching your fingers down to the bone trying to get out.

Crap manager

Crap board

Crap academy

Crap players

Crap atmosphere

The whole club has a cloud of depression hanging over it and I dont believe their is one man within the club, from board room level to the players, who has the ability to get us up for a fight.

Weak, amateur club

and apparantley the tea lady makes horrible teas.. says it all really

Crap manager

Crap board +

Crap academy +

Crap players =

Crap atmosphere

Weak, amateur club

Thought I'd add some science to your post, which was otherwise fine. There is a lack of leadership and vision at the top (and I don't mean Del, or SL) which runs through the whole club.

The first thing that City need to do on a corporate level is identify what their goals and objectives are - ie what are we aiming for (realistically) and how will we get there? Do an analysis of the club, its strengths, weaknesses, its position in the market and the best way forward to achieve those ultimate goals. From this an investment strategy and financial plan can be developed, and the strategy and resources then balanced to achieve a realistic way forward.

Well, that's the way that I'd do it, anyway

I’ve watched worse over the years but everything must be put into perspective. For example, when Terry Cooper first became manager the club was sinking like stone, with no money and not many players. The club hit rock bottom for one match – i.e. bottom of the 4th division.

However, I felt that the situation was not all doom and gloom as you could see what he was trying to do. Cooper was good at getting players for next to nothing who would fight for the club and who could play good football. Strange as it may seem, watching City then was a positive experience as you could see that he was gradually improving the club. You could also see that he knew what he was doing when it came to tactics and team formations.

Unfortunately I don’t get the same positive feeling with Del. He’s definitely changing things, but for better or worse?

The football was, but so were the players by a long shot. At least Osman could organise a shower of shite to defend, even if they couldn't attack

I'm pretty certain that is the first compliment I've ever seen, or heard, about Osman and his time at our club

Well done you!

Cooper was good at getting players for next to nothing who would fight for the club and who could play good football. Strange as it may seem, watching City then was a positive experience as you could see that he was gradually improving the club. You could also see that he knew what he was doing when it came to tactics and team formations.

True enough, we were a joy to watch and absolutely untouchable at Ashton Gate - but hopeless on the road!!!! We tended to play with 2 little 'uns up top, e.g. Riley and Steve Neville (the perm twins), both about 4'6", and two wingers - one of whom was Alan "Shuffle" Walsh, who could land a cross on a button. Oh, and Biff Newman would be somewhere in there, trundling round like a Tiger Tank with shooting power to match... :yahoo:

I'm pretty certain that is the first compliment I've ever seen, or heard, about Osman and his time at our club

Well done you!

I've heard the same thing said before, and yes, the footie was dire but the defence was solid and the players in front of the back 4 were utter garbage, on the whole. I'd be happy for Osman to come back as defensive coach, they were really well drilled and knew what they were doing. Mind you, wasn't that when we had Shaun Taylor and Mickey Bell (or was it Scott?) - so not bad players by any means.

Archived