IGNORED

Worst Youv Evern Seen?

stephenkibby.

Have followed city since the mid 80's and have seen some dreadful performances over the years which were far worse than yesterday. That said, it was the lack of fight that stood out for me, and without the willingness to at least try then we are surely doomed.

:laugh: same period as me, I recall some dire games. There was one during the '87 hurricane against Walsall, I think, that was just shocking, mind you, they were playing in a lake during a hurricane :colder:

This is us failing to compete in the second tier. I've seen us failing to compete in the third and fourth tiers. Context is important.

+1. If you think our current crop of players are ropey, you should have seen Steve Johnston, Steve McLaren or any one of a dozen woeful donkeys that played for us during the 80s (mind you, we also had Walshy, Nevs, God Taylor, Biff, Shelts, etc)

On another thread there is discussion about the alleged wages some of our players are on.

In context, for the amount we pay the eleven on the pitch in proportion to the amount of fight, pride and performance they put in for the club, this surely has to be the very worst ever!!

The early 80's were 100 times worse than this. 3 relegations,4,000 crowds,and the club one day from folding.

This is just a little blip compared to watching us back then ;)

I agree bad times. The difference was we had nothing but us and our team! No money, No chance! But gradually we dragged ourselves back!

We could forgive almost anything and eventually got back on track! To get back to this point has taken 30 years and to see it being wasted by poor decisions, poor signings and poor team selections is pretty hard to take, as you know!

You can blame players' wage inflation for that. It's the same everywhere.

You could be paying £500+ for a season ticket to watch Luton failing to escape from the Conference again!

I know, it's a joke, quite frankly. I think players' wages are the main reason people get so agitated by the whole thing these days. If we were paying £15 for a ticket (a reasonable price, if you ask me) and the team were useless, we'd be more likely to shrug our shoulders and give them a polite ripple of applause. No one likes seeing players (or people in general) getting paid stupid amounts of money and doing nothing to deserve it. If they ever confirmed that our players were on £20k a week, I probably wouldn't ever go again.

Yeah, but we didn't have to pay £30 to watch it in those days

That's true but the fight and pride through the whole club was special in the dark 1982 season before and after this period ...Every thing was geared to getting out of the mess from the backroom staff to players and manager and especially the loyal 4,000/5,000 fans who still came down to watch...... The away game at Chester was fantastic outnumbered the home fans by at least 2 to 1....

This is just a gutless cave in by so called better players no leaders on the pitch and bugger all happening from the management and board as to what they have in mind to save this sinking season....

Anyone who paid £30 for that rubbish yesterday won't be coming back any time soon .

Some worse home displays in recent memory in my eyes here...

City 0-1 Swindon (Millen - 2011)

City 0-1 Walsall (Tinnion - 2005)

City 0-3 Ipswich (Millen - 2011)

City 0-6 Cardiff (Johnson - 2010)

City 0-3 Millwall (Coppell - 2010)

Have to say Swindon was the worst out of them games.

Carlisle in the League Cup a couple of seasons before was much worse in my opinion.

That's true but the fight and pride through the whole club was special in the dark 1982 season before and after this period ...Every thing was geared to getting out of the mess from the backroom staff to players and manager and especially the loyal 4,000/5,000 fans who still came down to watch...... The away game at Chester was fantastic outnumbered the home fans by at least 2 to 1....

This is just a gutless cave in by so called better players no leaders on the pitch and bugger all happening from the management and board as to what they have in mind to save this sinking season....

Anyone who paid £30 for that rubbish yesterday won't be coming back any time soon .

This and the previous few postings sum things up as they are. We all love our club and can look back in history to compare with previous failings, but fundamentally the game has changed. As I walked behind Atyeo yesterday pm after the match with my young lad, I looked at the expensive motors and thought about the lifestyle that gets awarded with being a player, all far too much too soon. When it costs so much to get in and watch along with the efforts to get there etc, its not unsurprising that loyal folk get a bit aggrieved at watching such lack of passion and commitment.

My view, its back to basics, We dont have the money to buy success, its about building a team of players who want to compete and play for their places, for the club, this means new faces, not just half willing loanees.....possibly rock bottom is needed to realise wholesale change at the club might not be such a bad thing.

Crap manager

Crap board

Crap academy

Crap players

Crap atmosphere

The whole club has a cloud of depression hanging over it and I dont believe their is one man within the club, from board room level to the players, who has the ability to get us up for a fight.

Weak, amateur club

What a true supporter you are.

I'm sure all of those who actually support the club are ill-informed, brainwashed, Jock-loving idiots, whereas you know what really goes on and could sort the club out single handedly.

The weakest part of this club, bgy a country mile, is it's 'support'. I despair.

Crap manager

Crap board

Crap academy

Crap players

Crap atmosphere

The whole club has a cloud of depression hanging over it and I dont believe their is one man within the club, from board room level to the players, who has the ability to get us up for a fight.

Weak, amateur club

Last line lets that analysis down. An amateur club might have the first four craps you mention, but it would have atmosphere and enthusiasm. Any park player has more guts and commitment than half the overpaid tossers who wear the shirt today.

I'm pretty certain that is the first compliment I've ever seen, or heard, about Osman and his time at our club

Well done you!

I thought Osman was hard done by, shafted royally by Russe et all, and made to by bargain basement. It amazes me he kept us up as long as he did, crowd on his back, Board selling players and making him replace them with non league replacements. The bloke worked bloody wonders, yet all he is remembered for is getting rid of a disruptive pisshead Pole that tried to undermine his authority and was berated for it.

People also conveniently forget he was manager when we beat Liverpool, although they like to say it was one of their memorable games.

The bloke was massively underrated, and shat on from a great height by board and fans alike.

Wait a minute...before we start looking at Osman's time in charge through rose coloured spectacles, there were all sorts of terrible performances around that time - including a young Stan Collymore featuring in a 4-1 Forest win a few weeks before we beat Liverpool. I also remember that we conceded a lot of early or late goals and a fair few were avoidable.

I was thinking yesterday that the current mob are somewhere at the same level as Osman's teams at their worst and the squads that were relegated twice in five seasons in the mid to late 1990s. No confidence and no real idea what they're doing.

Let's put it this way, the 1989/90 promotion team would have beaten yesterday's team by three or four goals.

I was there today and most certainly it had to be right up there with the worst I've seen. Not one player in the starting 11 stood out as even putting in an effort. It was'nt until Stead and Davies came on that we looked like we might actually do something.

There are a few basics that the players need to understand.

1) It is best to try and keep the ball within the perimeter of the pitch. It is marked out with white lines to help you.

2) Trying to kick the ball as high in the air as possible is not a good tactic.

3) The idea is to try and get the ball past their Goalkeeper (he was the one in the white kit) and into the net thingy. Trying to get it past your own keeper (he was the one in orange) is also not a good tactic.

Why oh why when we have the ball on the halfway line do we pass it back to our keeper ?

On that performance we are doomed. The body language of DM showed a beaten man.

On the plus side of things..............the Dovecote do a very nice Sunday lunch !

This post by BigTone was brought to you by 'The Dovecote' Sunday Lunch Specials (please note: jokes maybe chargeable at your providers local rate)

And you watched a second game?

I'd managed to erase that from my memory. Worst thing was having a Wolves mate sat next to me and being sympathetic :gaah:

I don't know what brought me back being honest. Maybe it was the mascots fight, the sheer incompetence or the fact I was 9- maybe the glossy leaflets that promised Hengrove Park, 40k ground, European football etc...ah the naivety of particularly young youth...

I genuinely hope you can pull away from your current league position, & I think you will do it, plenty of time yet. I've always enjoyed coming to Ashton Gate, my favorite away trip. Hopefully you can survive in the Championship this season, a bit of rebuilding, and you can be challenging at the top again. Good Luck, onwards and upwards!

Wait a minute...before we start looking at Osman's time in charge through rose coloured spectacles, there were all sorts of terrible performances around that time - including a young Stan Collymore featuring in a 4-1 Forest win a few weeks before we beat Liverpool

Please, no, don't remind me of that day, it's taken me all this time to forget it, Collymore tore us a fresh one that day, he was on fire. And we were 5h1t...

Let's put it this way, the 1989/90 promotion team would have beaten yesterday's team by three or four goals.

To be fair, that was one hell of a team. Not a huge amount of pace (apart from Dave "electrified Cheetah" Smith) but ability all over the park, and a spine to die for: Biff - Shelts - God Taylor. If you young 'uns don't know what I'm on about, ask yer Dad or check out YouTube. That team was awesome.

Archived