IGNORED

For Steve Landsdown If You Read This Forum

reddab

you sir have been brilliant supporting our club with your money over the years, and i would be normally be the last person to tale you how to spend it,

but enough is enough! you are going to fall out of love with bcfc if you continue spending your hard earned the way you have,

i have supported city man and boy since 1959 seen the good times and bad times, i am beginning to think i will never see Premier League football in bristol in my or your lifetime again.

there are supporters on here saying give del more time or lets go back to lge one and regroup that would be a disaster!!, i was happy with the del appointment but i was wrong i know he has had bad luck with injuries but imo he is out of his depth after one year here

the answer imo

you should have one last throw of the dice, instead of loaning or giving city 5to10 million a year go and pursuade and sell someone like harry redknapp your dream of premier football, stadium etc offer him a 25 million transfer budget over the next two transfer windows, i know that is a lot of money but if that doesn,t work you can sell up get your money back and walk away saying at least i tried?

i know that ffp is coming in but i believe if the team is succesfull you will pack the gate out

Makes me laugh that people on here think that Redknapp would even contemplate coming to little Bristol City.

No chance.. he'll be back in Prem before the year/ season is out... or he'll buy Pompey and try again there!

We're not going get anyone like Redknapp so we may as well put up with what we've got cos looking at out of work managers none of them say come and get me.... Jewell, Keane etc

Sell up and get his money back after blowing 25 mil with harry? Your unaware then of what happened after west ham, southampton and portsmouth done the same thing and wanted to sell the club on. No chance of getting anything close to 25 mil for us. Landsdown wont get anything near back that hes pumped into us over the yrs full stop

Makes me laugh that people on here think that Redknapp would even contemplate coming to little Bristol City.

No chance.. he'll be back in Prem before the year/ season is out... or he'll buy Pompey and try again there!

We're not going get anyone like Redknapp so we may as well put up with what we've got cos looking at out of work managers none of them say come and get me.... Jewell, Keane etc

Agree with this while I can understand the OP frustrations, we'll never get 'Arry as we are not high profile enough.

I know people will disagree with me but I say stick with Del, he'll get it right. I said it a number of times before and will carry on saying it but he has alot of rebuilding to do.. and in many ways he is getting it right behind the scenes, just needs it to change on the pitch now.

glad i made you laugh, but didn,t harry join portsmouth and southampton when they were in the championship, and little old bristol city as you say have a far bigger catchment area then both of those, you dont know until you ask?

glad i made you laugh, but didn,t harry join portsmouth and southampton when they were in the championship, and little old bristol city as you say have a far bigger catchment area then both of those, you dont know until you ask?

:laugh:!

2 things yes he joined Southampton & Pompey below the prem but thats because he lives on their doorstep in Sandbanks.

And.. I believe he left both of them in up the financial swanny... thanks but no thanks!

I too appreciate your sentiments but I'd actually prefer to keep Derek as well!

I understand the thrust of the argument as i have thought it for a while myself.

Do you continue to pump £10m-£12m in a year to barley tread water or do you just think '**** it' i'll commit £20m to wages and £20m to transfer fees and see what happens.

And Portsmouth and Southampton both went bust after he's been there. Coincidence? I think not. I'd rather have City in League 1 than in administration

We're proper in the shit right now, but I really don't see the point in changing the manager. The problems are a lack of quality in midfield and defence and I don't see how that's going to change in the next two months. The reason we're in this mess is the constant chopping and changing of managers and so bringing in someone else to fight fires will just see us back here in 12 months time. I don't know whether Del will save us this time but I don't see any other option than to let him try. Being realistic (and 'Arry is NOT realistic) who can we get in who's any better?

we've more chance of prising jamie away from sky then 'arry coming here,

Blackpool will probbily be mcinnes's last game, another perfomance like that and he's gone the fans are starting to turn and once you lose them you can't continue on in the job,

I'd go for DiCanio he won't take any shit and will install some passion but I doubt he will be willing to leave Swindon

And Portsmouth and Southampton both went bust after he's been there. Coincidence? I think not. I'd rather have City in League 1 than in administration

We're proper in the shit right now, but I really don't see the point in changing the manager. The problems are a lack of quality in midfield and defence and I don't see how that's going to change in the next two months. The reason we're in this mess is the constant chopping and changing of managers and so bringing in someone else to fight fires will just see us back here in 12 months time. I don't know whether Del will save us this time but I don't see any other option than to let him try. Being realistic (and 'Arry is NOT realistic) who can we get in who's any better?

That was nothing to do with Redknapp and you know it,

his last club didn't go bankrupt dispite having massive spending power, Portsmoth and southampton's situation is their respective board's fault

+1. I dont think there is anyone unemployed worth the clubs time, I would say maybe Di Canio in some respects if Del Boy was to go but 2 flaws... 1) Lansdown wouldnt pay the excessive compo that Swindle would probably demand and 2) Why bother leaving a club who are on the up?

Nope, keep Del I say.. he's a good young manager and has a blueprint for the long term, its just gonna take time.

Gary Neville. Clearly a really intelligent guy when it comes to football. His tactical and player analysis is second to none and after taking his job as England first team coach, he is showing signs that he has aspirations to manage in the future. He needs to start somewhere and with a big name like him at the helm, I'm sure that attracting decent players won't be a massive problem.

Gary Neville. Clearly a really intelligent guy when it comes to football. His tactical and player analysis is second to none and after taking his job as England first team coach, he is showing signs that he has aspirations to manage in the future. He needs to start somewhere and with a big name like him at the helm, I'm sure that attracting decent players won't be a massive problem.

he won't leave sky for the day to day dealings club football requires,

he won't leave sky for the day to day dealings club football requires,

What is your reasoning behind assumption? To me he seems like a man who has unfinished business in the world of football and has more than 10 years of experience playing under and learning from possibly the greatest football manager of all time.

I say stick with del..Ive just got a feeling that certain players in the squad mcinnes doesnt rate and yes he hasnt come out publically and said it but to me these players are under contract and no clubs have come in for them and cant be shifted..Hes come out and said the squad is decent but thats just man management to see if he can get the best out of them..Maybe its me im not sure and if mcinnes had his own way this squad would be totally torn apart..Dont forget james wilson was signed on a 4 year contract before del came in ..Like i say i maybe jumping the gun. One on ones with players yesterday now what where they told? Who knows and time will only tell.

That was nothing to do with Redknapp and you know it,

his last club didn't go bankrupt dispite having massive spending power, Portsmoth and southampton's situation is their respective board's fault

Nothing to do with Redknapp? A man renowned for wanting full control of all transfers? A man who's contracts demand that he take a cut of all transfer fees received? He's a great coach but a shady man and he contributed to the downfall of both those clubs. As much of a boon as he would be to us on the pitch, he would do untold damage off it. Besides, FFP is going to end his interest in football management as everything is going to have to be on the books

Nothing to do with Redknapp? A man renowned for wanting full control of all transfers? A man who's contracts demand that he take a cut of all transfer fees received? He's a great coach but a shady man and he contributed to the downfall of both those clubs. As much of a boon as he would be to us on the pitch, he would do untold damage off it. Besides, FFP is going to end his interest in football management as everything is going to have to be on the books

You say he is a great coach Yet Rafael van der Vaart said Redknapp was ever hardly seen on the training ground!!!

Yes lets spend loads more money than we have. What a fantastic idea. Or perhaps we could actually try and sign young, hungry players? Buy a McCombe style CB from League 1 who is more than capable of doing a job on reasonable wages rather than loan after f ** king loan with no planning more than a couple of games ahead in mind. The lower leagues that have brought us Albert Adomah, Yannick Bolasie who after barely playing for us was still sold on for a profit and now finds himself starting each week for the league leaders, Ryan Taylor who has been one of the few positives from a season filled with inept individual performances more often than not. Or should we instead sign "big names" and overpriced journeymen who offer us nothing in terms of ability, future development or actual desire and care for the club. Spending money we cannot afford has never been the answer and it never will be.

Yes lets spend loads more money than we have. What a fantastic idea. Or perhaps we could actually try and sign young, hungry players? Buy a McCombe style CB from League 1 who is more than capable of doing a job on reasonable wages rather than loan after f ** king loan with no planning more than a couple of games ahead in mind. The lower leagues that have brought us Albert Adomah, Yannick Bolasie who after barely playing for us was still sold on for a profit and now finds himself starting each week for the league leaders, Ryan Taylor who has been one of the few positives from a season filled with inept individual performances more often than not. Or should we instead sign "big names" and overpriced journeymen who offer us nothing in terms of ability, future development or actual desire and care for the club. Spending money we cannot afford has never been the answer and it never will be.

the lower leagues also brought us Bas Savage, John Akindee, Kevin Betsy, for every diamond there is also a piece of coal,

if this hear say statement is true, i would think the board would happily pay a manager a % to find some players that our worth more when we sell them, usually they become worthless and nobody wants them after a few months here.

can i say some of the replies have been good while some have been what i expected, but i will just say this post was just an opinion , the last thing i will say is dont you all think we have wasted enough money on couldbe's or mightbe's in both managers and players

Archived