IGNORED

Under 21S Tonight

Taunton_City

Apologies! I didnt even realise we had a game tonight let alone if we were away, shows how much attention i'm paying... ah well fair play, bet Bobby Reid must've scored.

they are top of the table again, some good news to shout about

Some good young players here

Burns is on fire

19 goals now for 18s 21s and reserves

So are our U21s any good? For too long, our youth set up has generated a succession of mediocre players, with the occasional exception. It's an area that needed much improvement - has this happened? 'Cos if these lads are any good, I'd say chuck 'em in the first team - remember when Lousy Pint was in charge, and we all changed "Bring on the youngsters!"? Soon as he left, we did...

Perhaps we should get Benny back to find us some more gems

So are our U21s any good? For too long, our youth set up has generated a succession of mediocre players, with the occasional exception. It's an area that needed much improvement - has this happened? 'Cos if these lads are any good, I'd say chuck 'em in the first team - remember when Lousy Pint was in charge, and we all changed "Bring on the youngsters!"? Soon as he left, we did...

Yes it has happened there has been massive investment in the devlopment squad, City have signed 6 youngsters who have been reliesed from clubs includeing Jones from Celtic (cost celtic 400k) and Krans from Fulham, as well as securing signitures of USA born goalkeeper, a brand new coaching set up with Willie McStay as head of devlopment and Alex Russell as under 21's manager,

Yet people are accusing the board of little investment and not backing the manager...........

Yes they are quite good, but that's not the key point here, they are confident they are young and they are WINNING

and please lets not have that usual crap that at this age winning isn't important... because it is !!!!

The comment above about its only Colchester !!!!!..... ye i get that... but Saturday was only Charlton mate !!!!!!!

Last night Hall 17 Batten 16 Burns 17 John 17 Simms 17 shall i go on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes they are quite good, but that's not the key point here, they are confident they are young and they are WINNING

and please lets not have that usual crap that at this age winning isn't important... because it is !!!!

The comment above about its only Colchester !!!!!..... ye i get that... but Saturday was only Charlton mate !!!!!!!

Last night Hall 17 Batten 16 Burns 17 John 17 Simms 17 shall i go on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

England under 21's are good but it doesn't make the main squad good,

every age group up until under 18's shouldn't be about winning thats where football in this country has lagged so far behind belgum, Spain, Germany we focus on results not on actually training technical ability,

England under 21's are good but it doesn't make the main squad good,

every age group up until under 18's shouldn't be about winning thats where football in this country has lagged so far behind belgum, Spain, Germany we focus on results not on actually training technical ability,

agreed.... but these guys other than those above are pros and over 21 in some cases, it is absolutely about winning

oh yea I agree with that, but for me the devlopment squad/league should be about team work first winning second,

totally agree with that as well, their primary function is to force the Gaffer into difficult decisions and to develop their personalities as well as their game.

s

Yes it has happened there has been massive investment in the devlopment squad, City have signed 6 youngsters who have been reliesed from clubs includeing Jones from Celtic (cost celtic 400k) and Krans from Fulham, as well as securing signitures of USA born goalkeeper, a brand new coaching set up with Willie McStay as head of devlopment and Alex Russell as under 21's manager,

Yet people are accusing the board of little investment and not backing the manager...........

Well, now, it's money spent in the right place - where you can reap a return. I've argued this all along, glad to see someone was listening :bored:

How many of these lads are ready for the big boys, and - just as important - are they the right position ie places where we are totally shoot?

Archived