IGNORED

Under 21S Tonight

Taunton_City

Well, now, it's money spent in the right place - where you can reap a return. I've argued this all along, glad to see someone was listening :bored:

How many of these lads are ready for the big boys, and - just as important - are they the right position ie places where we are totally shoot?

not many yet we won't start seeing dividands for another 2 or 3 years yet

England under 21's are good but it doesn't make the main squad good,

every age group up until under 18's shouldn't be about winning thats where football in this country has lagged so far behind belgum, Spain, Germany we focus on results not on actually training technical ability,

Believe me, the acadamy does not take note of the score, it's all about how they play. Having a son in the acadamy has changed the way I look at games in my other sons local league. I now want him to do the right thing, oppose to taking on all in sundry to try and score. I also keep quite and laugh at the muppets shouting and swearing from the touch line. (not doing the kids any favours)

Believe me, the acadamy does not take note of the score, it's all about how they play. Having a son in the acadamy has changed the way I look at games in my other sons local league. I now want him to do the right thing, oppose to taking on all in sundry to try and score. I also keep quite and laugh at the muppets shouting and swearing from the touch line. (not doing the kids any favours)

indeed I try to explain that to my newphew who only care about scoring and not playing for the team at the moment,

The biggest problem in this country in youth devlopment is the focus on results rather then performances,

In 3 or 4 years time we will really start to see the investment made over the summer pay off

Anybody see the artical in Friday's Sun. Bristol City trying to shut Southampton's Bath acadamy set up?

aye and I agree with it, its deep in our teritory, and if the FA lets it stay open whats to stop man u building one in the midlands wales and london pinching all the best talent

Archived