IGNORED

Crazy Rumours

tiz

I'm confident this is the usual Saghead nonsense they spout on a regular basis, so nothing to worry about IMO.

In answer to the OP's original question though, I would see this as an unforgivable sell-out of the history of my club and BCFC would cease to exist. I wouldn't be prepared to follow a club severely tainted with G*s, so if I wasn't completely disenchanted with football by that point, I think I'd start following non-league football.

Might sound extreme, but that's the way I personally feel and I would fully respect any Sags who said the same.

You just shouldn't turn your back on 100+ years of history.

Hmmmm...tricky one, as I have Gaseous history in my family...I'm first and foremost a Bristolian and secondly a City fan, and if you wanted to really progress football in the city of Bristol then that might be the logical way forward. But such things have been discussed in Sheffield and nearly ended in civil war. However, would I go and watch them? Probably. But there would be a danger of "Bristol Utd" being mentioned in the same breath as "MK Dons"...

And what colours would they wear?

BTW: IIRC, I once started a thread about this (a merger), and soon wished I hadn't

Hmmmm...tricky one, as I have Gaseous history in my family...I'm first and foremost a Bristolian and secondly a City fan, and if you wanted to really progress football in the city of Bristol then that might be the logical way forward. But such things have been discussed in Sheffield and nearly ended in civil war. However, would I go and watch them? Probably. But there would be a danger of "Bristol Utd" being mentioned in the same breath as "MK Dons"...

And what colours would they wear?

BTW: IIRC, I once started a thread about this (a merger), and soon wished I hadn't

Use the Bristol from their name, the City from ours

The White from their kit and the Red from ours.

Play in Red and White and called Bristol City :icecream:

As a gashead i can tell you i dont know a single city or rovers fan that would accept a merger, neither clubs have much to offer, the league postion of city is obviously better (pending future results that may not look much better either) neither club has any money, with Rovers losing £2m over the last few years and city £12m, 1 ground is big but old and has no hospitailty boxes an not suitable for modern football/non football use , the other is small and ramshackle and not suitable at all. Rovers seem to have the heads up for a new stadiumwhere as AV is all but dead it would seem but mystery still explains how UWE will be funded and that is where these rumours seem to stem from, the rumours i hear are that the Mechant ventures are to get involved at UWE Stadium and a certain Mr lansdown is heavily involved in th MV's i believe?

it would be a NO from me and as one of you lot said 2 phoenix clubs would emerge and we would all follow City or Rovers as before

Absolutely and very well said that man!

One point I don't completely agree with is AV being dead. It's quite poorly atm, but certainly not dead and is just going in a similar bumpy route to many developments in our beauracratic system.

You're talking so much sense, are you sure you're G*s??? :)

I'm all for a merger of clubs. As long as its done fairly ie:

Obviously the new team would have to play at AG.

To even that up we'll have to use Rovers 1st name & our 2nd.

As the gas have 1st name only fair the shirts are our 1st choice colour of red with the trim their 2nd colour of white.

If its going.to be a success then no point having McGee so we'd need our back room staff and owner SL. The staff would select the best players from both squads, so that's 25 from City and... err.....

So basically there will be one team in Bristol called Bristol City, playing at Ashton Gate in Red & White with our team and management.

Yep, very much in favour of a merger!

Archived