IGNORED

Crazy Rumours

tiz

Heard a crazy rumour from a gas head today that lansdown has been in talks with rovers about the two sides becoming one. I laughed and was asked the question would i watch them if they did join forces. Now i would be so angry if they ever did bot would i go and watch. Difficult question would you. I am unsure really unsure. I want to say i think the rumour is total rubbish but has made me think. Horrible thought but in time would i go.

Heard a crazy rumour from a gas head today that lansdown has been in talks with rovers about the two sides becoming one. I laughed and was asked the question would i watch them if they did join forces. Now i would be so angry if they ever did bot would i go and watch. Difficult question would you. I am unsure really unsure. I want to say i think the rumour is total rubbish but has made me think. Horrible thought but in time would i go.

Tell the Gashead that they ain't getting their grubby little mits on the Lansdown Gold that they secretly desire so much.

The answer to your question btw is a no from me.

are you gas in hope?

merge with those inbreds no way jose

A few fans to add to the ones leaving in their droves from City...and a Stadium that will probably get built before ours.

Not sure about that as the Saino's application looks to be in trouble. Still think there could be a funding shortfall anyway.

I have heard from a couple of gapheads that there's a rumour been going around there for a couple of years that Lansdown has put funds into the gash...I can't see the motive from Lansdown's view, but it's a murky old world out there so who knows...

Stupid..... lies and not even funny...... probably like most of my posts...... as you say total rubbish

Did you hear the one about BCFC joining forces with Manc U...... even more of the same

Some Gas are complete arseholes, others could be your best mates outside a football environment. The only big incentive in any merger with the Gas would be Bristol as a city as a force to be reckoned with in the Premier League and there's no real guarantee of that.

Some Gas are complete arseholes, others could be your best mates outside a football environment. The only big incentive in any merger with the Gas would be Bristol as a city as a force to be reckoned with in the Premier League and there's no real guarantee of that.

We would have little to gain.... they would have not much more to gain...... there will be no merger.

It's going to be a long time before either team do much as each other anywhere .... never merged, we'd never do anything either(what is point)?

UP THE CITY!

We are going to have a long wait as usual ..... we screwed it when we had our big chance.... spent too much time saying ' okay we are in the pray-offs anyway' rather than getting the job done when we could have done the job automatic...... we'd have been back down first season cash in bank but we blew it.

Merge with the gas........ forget it

If it happened wouldn't the new club start in the basement division?

I don't know about that. I just reckon that any merger would only add a few thousand on the gate we get at the moment. The underlying problems would remain the same in that Bristol as a city does not produce many top flight standard footballers and we'd still be very unlikely to reach the top flight on local talent alone.

In answer to the hypothetical question for me football would be over and done with, I grew up following City and a merger with any club let alone the north Bristol pikies would leave a club that wasn't Bristol City but some mongrel club.

No thanks.

Yes could not have put it better. Hope it never happens CTID if it happened I would remain militant a true red till dead. But in some way in does trouble me. In fairness its beyond thinking about really.I have always answered it will never happen because its unthinkable.

Makes perfect business sense but Steve is a city fan so....?

No it doesn't, the bulk of the City fans wouldn't follow the new club and the bulk of the Gasheads wouldn't follow the new club. City and Rovers would break away and form their own clubs and so you would now have three clubs in the City of Bristol. Clearly bulls**t anyway.

I will vouch for Tiz as a born and red City supporter as I know the guy.

The other thing I would say is that I would NEVER call him a gas head unless it was by phone and with a with held number. He's a big bugger and I wouldn't want to upset him!

Some of his family are gas BTW, well his brother is, misguided fool!

FWIW Tiz, no chance would I support Bristol United and as said earlier, there's only OTIB.

As a gashead i can tell you i dont know a single city or rovers fan that would accept a merger, neither clubs have much to offer, the league postion of city is obviously better (pending future results that may not look much better either) neither club has any money, with Rovers losing £2m over the last few years and city £12m, 1 ground is big but old and has no hospitailty boxes an not suitable for modern football/non football use , the other is small and ramshackle and not suitable at all. Rovers seem to have the heads up for a new stadiumwhere as AV is all but dead it would seem but mystery still explains how UWE will be funded and that is where these rumours seem to stem from, the rumours i hear are that the Mechant ventures are to get involved at UWE Stadium and a certain Mr lansdown is heavily involved in th MV's i believe?

it would be a NO from me and as one of you lot said 2 phoenix clubs would emerge and we would all follow City or Rovers as before

Not sure about that as the Saino's application looks to be in trouble. Still think there could be a funding shortfall anyway.

I have heard from a couple of gapheads that there's a rumour been going around there for a couple of years that Lansdown has put funds into the gash...I can't see the motive from Lansdown's view, but it's a murky old world out there so who knows...

That is un true he would breach FA ownership rules doing that

Archived