IGNORED

Bates Signs

CamBCFC

Manager signs and plays a player who isnt 'match fit' and requires a number of games behind closed doors to be ready, almost like the we wont be signing Wilson rhetoric in preseason and Im not allowed to comment that it looks like a complete gamble on the managers part, because it doesn't fit with your view.

DM can be criticised for many things but I'm not sure taking a gamble when it appears we have little if anything left to lose is one of them. Bates looked like a quality defender and his authority seemed to rub off on Liam (who looked more composed than he has for months). Of course this does not mean he will be fit next week or that this central defensive partnership will be good enough to make up for their lack of height when we come up a more aerial approach but on the day plainly better than any available alternative.

200 miles away and other wise indisposed. Get over yourself.

The stats are direct from the BBC website, so if they are misleading, take it up with them and their write up which basically said Heaton saved the day and we were 'lucky' to paraphrase their report. Hence why the questions on here.

Slightly disingenuous? I'm not sure anyone was questioning the accuracy of the statistics - more that they are not representative of the balance of play etc. etc. I'm sure that neither the BBC nor you need reminding that statistics can often rank well below both lies and damn lies as a proper measure of what really matters. We put up a good fight, we remained in the match throughout and there were few clear chances at either end - we might have lost but we might have won - this is plainly a massive improvement on recent performances as well as results and does not require critcism from anyone who did not see it.

He played well and made you look like a tool.

He did indeed play well but I am not sure this made you look like a tool (as I am not sure you said he would not or did not) - however I am also unsure that you require his assistance.

Oh look the forum police are out heavy handed. How dare you ask a question about a player. The bristol city fans witch hunt has moved on from liam fontaine to ralph milne.

BURN HIM.

Burn him to hell, he has a different opinion to others. If a poster doesn't baa or bleat they must burn.

Get out the wicker man for ralphie :)

Archived