IGNORED

Joe Bryan

bcfctim

Should have had MOTM. I swear Joe screened more threats (mainly from Ince) than any of our players. He also contributed to attack. You wouldn't believe he is actually a midfielder, where left back is his second position. With his performance today, it would have certainly given Cunningham a run for his money.

Well done Joe.

Think he had an exceptional game today. Had Ince in his pocket and appeared to have him for pace. Whilst chatting about the youngsters coming through, thought the introduction of Reid with about 2 mins of added time left was oddly random? Baldock seemed obvious if we were going for the win and if we were trying to hold onto what we had surely someone with a little more experience?

I think Ince beat him inside a few times and got in a shot in the first half that heaton did well to save. (Philips would have buried that one though.) But instead of buckling under the pressure Joe manned up, improved his game, and eventually came out on top. Well done lad.

Surely he's in front of Briggs with that performance.

Three players put in fantastic performances today, Heaton, Kilkenny, and Bryan. I think Bryan probably deserved MOTM because he was man marking the best player in the league, and did a perfect job.

Kilkenny's passing today was another level. He's pretty lightweight but in a 5 man midfield he's fantastic, helped the back out massively today by always coming short and collecting the ball so they didn't have to do their standard punt up to stead. The pass to adomah to win the pen was one Xavi or Iniesta would have been proud of.

Heaton is a class keeper. The save he made after they hit the post was unbelievable. Until I see it again I genuinely have no idea how he got to it and how it didn't go in even when he did. He was sharp and aware, and his throw outs especially showed how aware he is.

A special mention goes to the moron at the back of the east end side of the Williams. Especially comic was when we had a little spell of possession and knocked around quite nicely ending up with danns running out on the left wing when trying to beat a man. His response to us having possession was just to scream 'forward' constantly, despite the fact every pass in that move was well chosen. He continued to shout other constructive feedback like 'f'ing useless!' Every time we were forced to pass backwards.

Overall I thought we were alright today. That may be because I saw us last weekend though...

Heaton 8 - made some top saves and commanded his area very well.

Foster - 6 was too bad but apart from being pacey he has no other strong attributes, decent utility player.

Bryan - 9 kept the best player in the league quite. He's still a bit soft in the tackle sometimes but definitely has potential to cut it at this level.

Bates - 7 how refreshing to have a centre back that passes the ball out! Good debut despite the hand ball.

Fontaine - 7 his best performance of the season.

Adomah - 6 worked hard in defence but was largely underwhelming in attack.

Pearson - 5 did quite well defensively helping Bryan but was invisible for most of the night.

Kilkenny - 9 fantastic range of passing. He's lightweight but in a 5 man midfield he's a must. Helps the defence out so much by offering a short pass. Talks loads and helped Bryan out with encouragement and advice throughout. Some of the passes he made today were prem class.

Elliott - 5 tried hard but really doesn't look fit. So clumsy!

Danns - 7 looks like something we're missing. Did so much running, he must have covered more ground than anyone. If he plays like that every week lets hope we sign him.

Stead - 5 chased the ball a lot. It's hard being on top on your own but stead didn't win much in the air against the two big centre backs. I think Taylor Would have been more suited to the role.

Three players put in fantastic performances today, Heaton, Kilkenny, and Bryan. I think Bryan probably deserved MOTM because he was man marking the best player in the league, and did a perfect job.

Kilkenny's passing today was another level. He's pretty lightweight but in a 5 man midfield he's fantastic, helped the back out massively today by always coming short and collecting the ball so they didn't have to do their standard punt up to stead. The pass to adomah to win the pen was one Xavi or Iniesta would have been proud of.

Heaton is a class keeper. The save he made after they hit the post was unbelievable. Until I see it again I genuinely have no idea how he got to it and how it didn't go in even when he did. He was sharp and aware, and his throw outs especially showed how aware he is.

A special mention goes to the moron at the back of the east end side of the Williams. Especially comic was when we had a little spell of possession and knocked around quite nicely ending up with danns running out on the left wing when trying to beat a man. His response to us having possession was just to scream 'forward' constantly, despite the fact every pass in that move was well chosen. He continued to shout other constructive feedback like 'f'ing useless!' Every time we were forced to pass backwards.

Overall I thought we were alright today. That may be because I saw us last weekend though...

Heaton 8 - made some top saves and commanded his area very well.

Foster - 6 was too bad but apart from being pacey he has no other strong attributes, decent utility player.

Bryan - 9 kept the best player in the league quite. He's still a bit soft in the tackle sometimes but definitely has potential to cut it at this level.

Bates - 7 how refreshing to have a centre back that passes the ball out! Good debut despite the hand ball.

Fontaine - 7 his best performance of the season.

Adomah - 6 worked hard in defence but was largely underwhelming in attack.

Pearson - 5 did quite well defensively helping Bryan but was invisible for most of the night.

Kilkenny - 9 fantastic range of passing. He's lightweight but in a 5 man midfield he's a must. Helps the defence out so much by offering a short pass. Talks loads and helped Bryan out with encouragement and advice throughout. Some of the passes he made today were prem class.

Elliott - 5 tried hard but really doesn't look fit. So clumsy!

Danns - 7 looks like something we're missing. Did so much running, he must have covered more ground than anyone. If he plays like that every week lets hope we sign him.

Stead - 5 chased the ball a lot. It's hard being on top on your own but stead didn't win much in the air against the two big centre backs. I think Taylor Would have been more suited to the role.

Agree with your post, but I'd mark Foster up to 7. Thought he had a solid game, got forward and if we'd have had Davies in attack from the off then I think some of his crosses would've been met. I'd also put Fonts down to 6. He did have his best game of the season, but still got turned and caught out of position several times.Other than that Albert deserves a 7 for his passing although his unwillingness to make runs off the ball still causes our attacks to stutter and Heaton deserves a 10 surely!

Agree with everyone about Bryan. Other than one moment of naivety in the first half he pretty much extinguished the threat from one of this division's best players. Well done Joe. An, er, surgical performance! :clapping:

I swear some people watch a different game 2nd half Bryan did what a left back should be doing keeping their wingers quiet which he did really well.

1st he was shocking didn't cover any of ince's runs in behind and their chance from ince was created from a lack of awareness of where ince was. Heaton had to keep telling him time and time again about tracking him, seems it got through at half time

Sorry to dampen the enthusiasm and no doubt its because he's 'local' that everyone is going way over the top.

Man of the match was fonts, heaton or bates who kept kevin Phillips quiet all game and not just for one half. Bryan good performance but not a patch on Cunningham

I swear some people watch a different game 2nd half Bryan did what a left back should be doing keeping their wingers quiet which he did really well.

1st he was shocking didn't cover any of ince's runs in behind and their chance from ince was created from a lack of awareness of where ince was. Heaton had to keep telling him time and time again about tracking him, seems it got through at half time

Sorry to dampen the enthusiasm and no doubt its because he's 'local' that everyone is going way over the top.

Man of the match was fonts, heaton or bates who kept kevin Phillips quiet all game and not just for one half. Bryan good performance but not a patch on Cunningham

Ince is the 2nd best player in this league behind Zaha. Yes he had a dodgy opening 15 mins where he looked nervous and allowed Ince to cut inside too easily, but after that he kept him quiet all game. Even when ince did get in behind him on occasion he tracked back and dealt with it.

He also looked very composed on the ball, i don't remember him once making a panicked clearance and he dealt brilliantly with a couple of dangerous crosses. One in particular where fonts missed it and Bryan with his outstretched leg flicked it beyond the lurking Ince and out for a throw.

It is nothing to do with where he was born, he had a great game simples.

Ince is the 2nd best player in this league behind Zaha. Yes he had a dodgy opening 15 mins where he looked nervous and allowed Ince to cut inside too easily, but after that he kept him quiet all game. Even when ince did get in behind him on occasion he tracked back and dealt with it.

He also looked very composed on the ball, i don't remember him once making a panicked clearance and he dealt brilliantly with a couple of dangerous crosses. One in particular where fonts missed it and Bryan with his outstretched leg flicked it beyond the lurking Ince and out for a throw.

It is nothing to do with where he was born, he had a great game simples.

Good game not a great game, as I said 2nd half he was excellent 1st half he didn't that's all I was saying.

I wonder how people would of reacted to that display if McAllister put in that performance.....

Good game not a great game, as I said 2nd half he was excellent 1st half he didn't that's all I was saying.

I wonder how people would of reacted to that display if McAllister put in that performance.....

If he was just up against your standard championship winger I'd agree but Ince has been on fire this season and is being courted by the likes of Liverpool and Arsenal. And he looked classy as well, i wouldn't say he had an off day he just came up against a class performance.

If he keeps up that level of performance Cunningham won't get back in the team. He was that good.

no chance i dont think u realise how good cunningham is and how good he was for us when he was fit thats cunninghams spot all day long we should use bryan there till jan ( when cunninghams back ) then loan him out

Agree with your post, but I'd mark Foster up to 7. Thought he had a solid game, got forward and if we'd have had Davies in attack from the off then I think some of his crosses would've been met. I'd also put Fonts down to 6. He did have his best game of the season, but still got turned and caught out of position several times.Other than that Albert deserves a 7 for his passing although his unwillingness to make runs off the ball still causes our attacks to stutter and Heaton deserves a 10 surely!

Agree with everyone about Bryan. Other than one moment of naivety in the first half he pretty much extinguished the threat from one of this division's best players. Well done Joe. An, er, surgical performance! :clapping:

Sorry i have to disagree, Foster was the worst player in a City shirt yesterday marginally in front of Pearson who was very quiet.....

Archived