IGNORED

Joe Bryan

bcfctim

Sorry i have to disagree, Foster was the worst player in a City shirt yesterday marginally in front of Pearson who was very quiet.....

Foster is such a hate figure for some, I think people are blinded to games where he does perform. Fontaine, hilariously Pete1975's 'outstanding player' was - by contrast - left for dead by Kevin "sloth on mogadon" Phillips on several occasion. Fortunately, Bates was able to pick up his errors.

Absolutely.

Some have now decided no matter how good (or bad) he is that he's our worst player.

How anyone can seriously say he was less effective than Elliott or Stead yesterday is baffling.

Same goes for Pearson, even when he plays well some clown on here will be offering to drive him to Scotland, because clearly Morris has contributed much more, hasn't he?

He had a really super game, I'm made up for him and hopefully now he'll get the run in the side that he should have had before we brought in Briggs, who I thought looked, at best, like a centre half trying to play full back.

I also thought Foster played really well, I'm far from his biggest fan but he was solid, and Bates' presence seemed to relax Fontaine a bit too. The whole back four played pretty well. Hopefully they can maintain that and take confidence from the fact that Blackpool couldn't score from open play, although Heaton made one or two very good saves as well.

Foster is such a hate figure for some, I think people are blinded to games where he does perform. Fontaine, hilariously Pete1975's 'outstanding player' was - by contrast - left for dead by Kevin "sloth on mogadon" Phillips on several occasion. Fortunately, Bates was able to pick up his errors.

Not a hate figure for me, just thought he was poor yesterday.

Positioning and Distribution was'nt the best (to be polite), not saying he is a bad player. I just thought he was not up to it yesterday IMO.

Thought Bryan had a very good game after a shakey start, seemed to get dragged out of position into the middle in the first half, but after settling played very well, looks to have a bright future.

Much better than Briggs but Cunningham would be first choice as was our best player atthe start of the season, even made Woolford look fantastic when playing in behind him, has been sorely missed as since he has been out we have had no left side.

Foster and Pearson in my opinion are poor signings and are not championship standard, playing them week in week out is not going to get us out of trouble.

Thought Danns played well, would be a great addition to a week midfield, also Killkenny is another capable of playmaking as since paul hartley we have struggled in that department.

Heaton had his best game in a city shirt would still prefer Gerken.

When was he left for dead then?

About midway through the second half is one occasion that springs to mind. Fortunately Phillips didn't have his goal head on and he shot straight at Heaton. He was subbed shortly afterwards. He also managed to amble slowly past Fonts in the first half, when our illustrious captain was doubling up with Bates. Luckily the veteran striker either scuffed his shot wide or played a really terrible cross.

Seriously, if you think Fontaine had a good game because he wasn't to blame for a goal (as usual) then I'm amazed. For me, he was adequate. Just.

After the Watford game in which Bryan did make some defensive mistakes, but looked extremely dangerous going forward I was excited about seeing him get a run in the team and Cunningham's injury giving him the chance to develop his game and hopefully provide Greg with some serious competition once back from injury. I have since found it very irritating that instead of giving Joe a chance in the team we have signed two left backs on loan and played Foster and Fontaine out of position. (In fairness Bryan would have been unavailable for a couple of games during that spell due to concussion and he has made one appearance during this period on the left wing).

What was really confusing for me though was the signing of Briggs, who is undoubtedly a talented player, but is actually extremely similar to Bryan. Looks good on the ball, good going forward but like many fullbacks at that age needs to improve his game defensively. (Note Ashley Cole at that age) The only way they are going to improve is by playing games and for some reason we gave the chance to get experience and develop as a player to somebody who belongs to Fulham rather than Bristol City. I was therefore delighted that a- Bryan got a start on Saturday and b- he was as impressive as he was.

As many other posters have said Ince did get the beating of him once or twice early on, but after that I doubt Ince has had many afternoons as quiet as that one this season. At the time I thought Bryan deserved MOTM, but in hindsight Heaton was probably the right choice.

Archived