IGNORED

Kalifa Cisse

foghornred

Good player but we simply could not afford him. One of Coppell's very pricey deals.

Can't disagree with this.

Was pretty decent for us, and I'd contend a big part in helping us avoid relegation under McInnes, but may have had the price tag to match this importance.

Biggest problem wasn't not retaining him, but not replacing him. Maybe Kelly was McInnes' belated attempt to do so, and here's hoping he'll turn out a good long term investment.

Cisse would be an excellent addition to any of the Championship sides mentioned in the article.

You either have no experience of this or are one of those very Bristol blokes.... Trawl the boozers of Bristol and you will find them - domestic abusers dependent on alcohol and some on benefits - yet still full of arrogance in their approach to women. Why does my highlighting of this make you attack me?

Either an elaborate troll or you've completely lost your arse

If we signed Amougou and Cisse last season instead of spending loads on both Baldock & Davies & various poor loanees we would've stayed up

Briggs, McManus, Danny Wilson, Mark Wilson and the two of the most pointless players I've seen at city in Morris & Howard

I personally rated Cisse very highly. If used correctly he was very effective.

I don't think anyone can deny though he was far too pricey for what he did offer. It does make me wonder how we would have done with him sat in front of the back 4 last season though. I think he would have helped, but we were so bad defensively it's hard to think Cisse would have saved us.

If we signed Amougou and Cisse last season instead of spending loads on both Baldock & Davies & various poor loanees we would've stayed up

Briggs, McManus, Danny Wilson, Mark Wilson and the two of the most pointless players I've seen at city in Morris & Howard

No doubt the above mentioned were extremely pointless and wasteful signings that still annoy me to this day. However Amougou and Cisse, as much as I would have loved them to have signed last year were trying to bleed the club dry. We did the right thing letting them go from a financial side of things.

Cisse was on a MASSIVE salary according to someone with contacts at the club who I used to work for. He had no reason to lie to me about it although obviously I can't vouch for the accuracy of the statement!

he was one of the highest paid players acording to some we simply couldn't afford ether him or bikey due to FFP, sadly its taken us a relegation to finally start to sort out the wage bill and loses (next oct 2014 will be the accounts the reflect this)

Didn't he bring in, undoubtably, our best player in the last three seasons? A certain Mr. Adomah.

That's not necessarily true. There was a lot of talk that the deal with Adomah was signed on a pre-contract basis when Johnson was still here, and that actually he was GJ's last signing.

Edit - RedFred beat me to it!

Didn't he sign Albert?

Didn't he bring in, undoubtably, our best player in the last three seasons? A certain Mr. Adomah.

Wasn't that signing attributed to GJ and Millen?, in that it was pretty a done deal before Coppell arrived?.

if not then I unreservedly apologise to the Mr Coppell who was not as disasterous as I thought and he will have gone up in my estimation from being a 100% failure for us to only being a 99.9% failure.

Wasn't that signing attributed to GJ and Millen?, in that it was pretty a done deal before Coppell arrived?.

if not then I unreservedly apologise to the Mr Coppell who was not as disasterous as I thought and he will have gone up in my estimation from being a 100% failure for us to only being a 99.9% failure.

If GJ did bring in Albert, (I had no clue that he did), I love the man that little bit more!

Archived