IGNORED

Picturesque Footy Grounds

Eco

Watching Sportscene (SPL highlights prog) Inverness Caley Thistle looks amazing with the Moray Firth in the background, especially when the tide's in.

Are there any other picturesque grounds in league or non league, or any in a similar setting ?

I'm including AG with the beautiful Suspension Bridge/Avon Gorge in the near vicinity.

Watching Sportscene (SPL highlights prog) Inverness Caley Thistle looks amazing with the Moray Firth in the background, especially when the tide's in.

Are there any other picturesque grounds in league or non league, or any in a similar setting ?

I'm including AG with the beautiful Suspension Bridge/Avon Gorge in the near vicinity.

newcastle when we went there 3/4 years ago that view on a clear day was pretty spectacular

• Admin

Have a nice view of planes landing into Bristol airport every Saturday afternoon.

Wycombe had a nice surrounding area, but always seemed to be flooded when we went there.

Apparently the Minimal Ground has nice views of empty seats and vast open spaces around the terracing . . .

Gayfield Park in Arbroath is 5 metres from the high tide of the North Sea and is the closest ground in europe to the sea. You can see it if you get the train from Edinburgh to Aberdeen (which just so happens to be the most beautiful train journey i have been on).....Looks pretty spectacular to see a football stadium right on a beach

The Faroe Islands are an island group situated between the Norwegian Sea and the North Atlantic Ocean, approximately halfway between Scotland and Iceland. Their national football team is playing with European national teams on pitch located next to the sea. There’s also a guy in a boat that collects the balls that fall into the sea during a match.

864280584_a8e3f57591.jpg

The Faroe Islands are an island group situated between the Norwegian Sea and the North Atlantic Ocean, approximately halfway between Scotland and Iceland. Their national football team is playing with European national teams on pitch located next to the sea. There’s also a guy in a boat that collects the balls that fall into the sea during a match.

864280584_a8e3f57591.jpg

Why did they only build half a pitch..?

I was waiting for someone to pick that out... There is another half.

faore-stadium.jpg

Christ, forget the home crowd making a place intimidating. Wouldn't fancy playing there on a rough night in mid Dec.

Awsome looking ground (if you can call it that), totally mental, but awesome.

Archived