IGNORED

Holloway's True Colours

T R

So to be a "decent" manager all you have to do is take Blackpool up and then get them relegated.

Perhaps you could explain what a "decent" job he did as manager of the Gas,Plymouth and Leicester?

on that basis then johnson is a shit manager, got city promoted got yeovil promoted and what else has he done??

Hmm..

You forgot QPR

Oh he did a good job there my bad

Good job?? :dunno: Hollowhead took the QPR job with specific instructions to keep them up and got them relegated in his first season. Abysmal failure, the first time they'd played in the 3rd tier for 34 years and Skeletor led them there.

Took him 3 long years to eventually take QPR back to the Championship as well.

The only reason Hollowhead is mainly talked about is because of his interviews where he speaks utter nonsense, I remember years ago when he was interviewed after Gas won 6-1 away at Reading and he said 'not happy, it was one of the worst performances he had seen'. Then away at Oldham lost 2-0 and he was prasing his players on a job well done. City fans who want him at the club must have short memories, his anti-City behaviour and cheap shots at the club were a disgrace... Yes he was a Sag through and through but you would expect that from the fans not someone who is deemed a professional.

Great, he took Blackpool up but his statistics are far from impressive! He goes to clubs where expectations aren't or weren't particularly high with the exception of Leicester and look what happened there.

Holloway embodies much I dislike about the craven nature of modern football players, their agents and managers.

He has played the loyalty card openly, but trousers cash from his % from the sale of players, while displaying a serial loyal abilty to walk out on football clubs.

Being ex Rovers is amusing, he is the Gas cringey icon, not City's.

What we would give to have the success he had at Blackpool and their style of football...any fan who says otherwise is just jealous of his achievments

Obviously any City fan would love to see us get promoted but that doesn't mean we all have to join the sloppy 'we all love Hollowhead' club.

What about his achievements at Leicester, Plymouth and the Gas...should we be jealous of those as well?

I don't think he is a particularly bad manager but I don't think he is a great manager either. He is very middle of the road IMO, some success, some failures, just like Owen Coyle and Phil Brown who I also don't class a managerial greats.

The main reason most people notice him is because of his bizarre post match interviews which for me are the football equivalent of 'Mrs Browns Boys', some people think its comedy gold and some of us think its cringeworthy sh*te.

The main reason most people notice him is because of his bizarre post match interviews which for me are the football equivalent of 'Mrs Browns Boys', some people think its comedy gold and some of us think its cringeworthy sh*te.

Lovely analogy. Spot on :)

What about his achievements at Leicester, Plymouth and the Gas...should we be jealous of those as well?

I don't think he is a particularly bad manager but I don't think he is a great manager either. He is very middle of the road IMO, some success, some failures, just like Owen Coyle and Phil Brown who I also don't class a managerial greats.

Summed up perfectly. He had success in his most recent appointment (ignoring the 4 games he's managed Palace - it's far too early to judge him on this), but he has also been god awful in other posts.

Danny Wilson is also a manager with a similar history in the game. He took Barnsley up when most had written them off, and then has indifferent records at other clubs. Not many, however, would queue to say he is a great manager in the way people kneel down for Holloway.

He did pretty well at QPR and Blackpool and was then headhunted by Palace where he's won 4 out of a 4 but hey, lets not let the facts get in the way of your juvenile prejudice.

The "facts" are,he failed at the Gas,took QPR down then up. Walked out on Plymouth,and failed again at Leicester.

He took Blackpool to 6th place and got them up through the play offs, but then got relegated.

So,more failures than plus points.

But I guess I shouldn't disagree with someone who knows all about the inside of Championship managers offices.

He did pretty well at QPR and Blackpool and was then headhunted by Palace where he's won 4 out of a 4 but hey, lets not let the facts get in the way of your juvenile prejudice.

The "facts" are,he failed at the Gas,took QPR down then up. Walked out on Plymouth,and failed again at Leicester.

He took Blackpool to 6th place and got them up through the play offs, but then got relegated.

So,more failures than plus points.

But I guess I shouldn't disagree with someone who knows all about the inside of Championship managers offices.

Lets play nice

The bloke was a complete ****** as a player, and was a complete ****** away from football. He is rotten gas waste. I don't hate many people on this earth. I detest this hypocritical piece of waste.

I have seen exactly how this blokes away from football when he thinks people are not listening. Utter utter waste of space.

A just above average manager who has more failures than success, and jumps ship for the money, again, utter clueless hypocrite.

I couldn't give a flying **** if his daughters are deaf and that must of been hard bs. The bloke is a vile excuse for a human being. And yes this is first hand experience.

The bloke was a complete ****** as a player, and was a complete ****** away from football. He is rotten gas waste. I don't hate many people on this earth. I detest this hypocritical piece of waste.

I have seen exactly how this blokes away from football when he thinks people are not listening. Utter utter waste of space.

A just above average manager who has more failures than success, and jumps ship for the money, again, utter clueless hypocrite.

I couldn't give a flying **** if his daughters are deaf and that must of been hard bs. The bloke is a vile excuse for a human being. And yes this is first hand experience.

you can cut the sexual tension with a knife..

Its got nothing to do with what we are watching or what his team is doing. As far as im concerned he could bring home the World Cup as England manager, he would still be a Gashead. Fairplay to his managerial career, not knocking that, but the fact remains he was, is and always will be from the dark side.

This could explain why he likes wearing black sometimes.

Star-Wars-Darth-Vader-3.jpg

I think he lost interest because he didn't get the contract he wanted at Blackpool. So he jumped ship at the first opportunity that came along.

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/holloway-why-i-quit-pool-1-5096277

There are a few interesting comments beneath the article from Blackpool fans. You can make up your own minds on what you make of it.

P.S. He is wearing black again!

He thinks highly of you, hidden on a forum with no fear of retaliation, brave as frig, put yer chin out and say that again, tosser

He thinks highly of you, hidden on a forum with no fear of retaliation, brave as frig, put yer chin out and say that again, tosser

Don't worry, my father and grandfather had their say. What he said to me, in a restaurant, as a youngster, while having a meal with my family, all because I was telling my grandfather how city had played that day was pretty low.

Apart from the fact he wasn't even sat at our table, but thought it good to come over, shouting and swearing abuse at a kid.

So jog on.

Shock horror Holloway is a gas legend and some of our fans can't see past that...

Understandable, he isn't the first and he won't be the last to not get credit from fans of a rival club

No, he's 'a gas legend' ( even though they hounded him out of their club) who has spent decades as a player and manager taking every opportunity to criticise BCFC, and it's fans, and generally put the boot in to the club as often as possible.

I can't think of a comparable individual anywhere else in the football world who has used his positions in the game to voice his detestation for a rival club so constantly and annoyingly over such a long period as Hollowhead has for Bristol City.

As much as any of us may dislike him, he hates this club far more, and his managerial career will have to be far more than mediocre before he can expect any credit from this Bristol City fan.

This article is from a player who probably feels abandoned by him and is bitter that he's gone to a club that could be back in the Prem next season, hardly a surprise that he'd talk shit about the guy.

End of the day Holloway has a good job, has four out of four wins and can boast a good career as a manager so far. I'm not a Holloway fan but I do admire the fact he doesn't try to hide who he is, he tells it as it is from his view and obviously is pretty good at doing what he does, if given the option of keeping McInnes for the remainder of the season or having Holloway come in I'd actually choose Holloway as I think even if he didn't stick it out he'd at least tell the fans how it is.

I still think this club hides a lot of the stuff we want to know and that there is something wrong a lot higher than the on pitch manager.

Shock horror Holloway is a gas legend and some of our fans can't see past that...

Understandable, he isn't the first and he won't be the last to not get credit from fans of a rival club

That is just as ridiculous as someone accusing

you of being a Gashead because you have admiration for Holloway.

I don't give Holloway huge amounts of credit because I don't believe the hype.

Don't worry, my father and grandfather had their say. What he said to me, in a restaurant, as a youngster, while having a meal with my family, all because I was telling my grandfather how city had played that day was pretty low.

Apart from the fact he wasn't even sat at our table, but thought it good to come over, shouting and swearing abuse at a kid.

So jog on.

What a jumped up little shite ( Holloway that is, ) except my apologies, if i see him up the wood doing an open top bus tour ile give him a piece of my mind, as in head butt

Archived