IGNORED

Holloway's True Colours

T R

I don't know if any of you have seen this article today but it just shows how unprofessional he is as a manager, in the last few months at blackpool he hardly took them training, surely you can't just jeopardize the fitness of the players and the state of the club for selfish reasons... I know we have talked about Holloway before and some of the fans wanted him here, but it makes you think if he would give a toss if things were not working out.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20392765

Imagine he was our manager(I know it is hard) and for the last 2 months he didn't bother to take training and that was the reason for our poor league position... It would piss us off as fans...

It has nothing to do with Crystal Palace or what he is doing there. But on that note, he is even admitting himself he is fortunate to walk into a good set up.

"I am taking over from some fantastic people. Dougie's decided to leave, Lennie [Lawrence] has gone and I am the lucky beneficiary. - from the link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20206072

I am not bashing him at his managing capabilities he has clearly proven he can get a team to the premier league.

What I am stating is also backed up by a Blackpool player, that in the last couple of months he had lost interest in the club, and his absence from training seemed to have taken an affect on the players. Infact it wasn't just his absence, it was his command to have no training what so ever.

"In the last couple of months, we hadn't really done much training. We had numerous days off - anything from two to five or six at a time," he said. - from this link http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20392765

I confess, I was one of those who thought Holloway could have done a good job for us.

After reading the comments above, now relieved it did not happen.

But, how come high flying Palace took him on ?

That is a mystery to me, especially as they sacked their manager after they were on the rise (well after being thrashed 4 -1 by us at AG).

Somebody please explain this.

I confess, I was one of those who thought Holloway could have done a good job for us.

After reading the comments above, now relieved it did not happen.

But, how come high flying Palace took him on ?

That is a mystery to me, especially as they sacked their manager after they were on the rise (well after being thrashed 4 -1 by us at AG).

Somebody please explain this.

Palace didn't sack their manager he left to go to Bolton

Talking of Holloway's true colours, is it true that his old man, Bill Holloway, was a big City supporter? Before his death, Bill was the Chairman of Longwell Green F.C and the old timers say he was always a City fan and Ian and Bill only switched when Ian got his pro contract at the Gas.

Five or six days off in a row - that doesn't really sound credible as it could mean that there was no training between games! Surely the local sports reporters would have picked up on it if this was happening, and more would have been made of it before Holloway left?

His impact at Palace can only be judged at the end of the season.

ooh more holloway bashing, with his team sitting pretty at the top of the table whilst we're one of the worst teams in the league..

Palarse sitting top of the league has nothing to do with Holloway they were there when he took them over. Dont forget this is a 'City forum' so bashing him is allowed after his anti City behaivour in the past

• Admin

Bloke is a a-s hole, always has been, always will be. How so called city fans clap this bloke is a joke.

I'm with you on that one, everything he stands for makes me cringe, when he was in the Prem, it just became a soapbox for his mad ramblings.

Will always remember him for his bitterness to City on and off the pitch, once a Gashead always a Gas head !

No reason to have any affiliation to the man, has no connection to us !

• Admin

guess you wouldnt want warnock charge iswell then

Not ex Gas !

Warnock is a very passionate person, who gets the headlines as he is too often making a remark or having a reaction before having the calm and control that most other managers have not to say things in the public domain !

He must be a reporters dream, as I expect there aren't many matches in a season where he does not have a strong opinion on something in the game.

Always wondered if he could be tempted to come our way, but obviously loves all the travelling from Cornwall

Its juvenile to bash Holloway at any opportunity simply because he's ex-gas. Some people need to grow up.

Fact is he's a decent manager.

The reason he gets criticism is that in the past he behaved like a prat when he himself was old enough to know better. When asked by the press why City fans dislike him, his take on this is that we resent the fact that he was so successful with Rovers.

He is, therefore, a liar and a prat.

As for RR's wind-up antics, well, the less said the better.

Its juvenile to bash Holloway at any opportunity simply because he's ex-gas. Some people need to grow up.

He is a decent manager, that is a fact. He is also gas through and through, this is also a fact, hence the legitimate dislike of him from many, regardless of what he does.

I get fed up with this constant knocking of Holloway because of his past connections,he has done what no other manager anywhere could do,in his first season he took Blackpool into the Premier League spending no money whatsoever. If we are happy with the rubbish we are watching lets carry on critising him.

Its got nothing to do with what we are watching or what his team is doing. As far as im concerned he could bring home the World Cup as England manager, he would still be a Gashead. Fairplay to his managerial career, not knocking that, but the fact remains he was, is and always will be from the dark side.

So to be a "decent" manager all you have to do is take Blackpool up and then get them relegated.

Perhaps you could explain what a "decent" job he did as manager of the Gas,Plymouth and Leicester?

• Admin

IDIOT!, from some of the tripe you have posted on here over the years that is a tad ironic

I suppose you are going to tell us that Gary Penrice, and that Ian Alexander are great too !

So to be a "decent" manager all you have to do is take Blackpool up and then get them relegated.

Perhaps you could explain what a "decent" job he did as manager of the Gas,Plymouth and Leicester?

He did pretty well at QPR and Blackpool and was then headhunted by Palace where he's won 4 out of a 4 but hey, lets not let the facts get in the way of your juvenile prejudice.

Archived