IGNORED

Di Matteo Sacked

East end Forever

Harry Redknapp will get the job.

In view of the way Abramovich hires and fires, any manager with an ounce of integrity should steer well clear of the Chelsea job.

Harry it is then!

Oh dear god, what has a manager got to do?

Start with a striker on the pitch might help !!

As others have said , Abramovich has been waiting for the smallest excuse to get rid. As soon as I saw the line up last night , I felt if they lost he'd be up the road.

Avram grant took Chelsea to their first Cl final, but was manager for less then 12 months before being sacked, RDM won the Cl but was also fired after less than a year.

Just what does Abramovich regard as success?

If Roman owned Bristol City we would have new manager as often as Mrs Downend has her hair done!

Avram grant took Chelsea to their first Cl final, but was manager for less then 12 months before being sacked, RDM won the Cl but was also fired after less than a year.

Just what does Abramovich regard as success?

If Roman owned Bristol City we would have new manager as often as Mrs Downend has her hair done!

Yes but he wouldn't have them fired in the traditional sense I am sure, more like a Siberian vacation.

Chelsea have had as many managers (10) in Roman Abramovich's ten-year reign so far, as Man Utd have had since 1937.

But Man Utd have had the same manager, with almost unintterupted success since before the "sack the manager culture" came about.

Football is a toally different game/business now. Once AF retires, i'm sure Utd will also have far more frequent changes in the managerial positions (although probably not 10 in 10 years. That is rather excessive!)

I couldnt see anyone really wanting the job with the way abramovic treats them. Saw a stat earlier that mourinho's win percentage there was 67 and RDM's was 62. Not a big difference. Mourinho had alot more games though

Why not?

Get a very well paid 3 year contract Have a small bad run Get sacked Nice pay off Happy days

I couldnt see anyone really wanting the job with the way abramovic treats them. Saw a stat earlier that mourinho's win percentage there was 67 and RDM's was 62. Not a big difference. Mourinho had alot more games though

Aside from the fact they are guaranteed a big pay off , you're right. Why take a job where you know you're only keeping the seat warm.

Whoever gets it , I would advise renting a house until June only.

He's over-reacted so much. Juventus are up there with Barcelona and Real Madrid imo as you don't lose only 2 games in 18 months without being a world class outfit.

Chelsea is an awful job for a manager as you aren't even given time to put a stamp on things, I think Pep isn't keen on returning to football just yet so they'll settle for Rafa.

He's over-reacted so much. Juventus are up there with Barcelona and Real Madrid imo as you don't lose only 2 games in 18 months without being a world class outfit.

Chelsea is an awful job for a manager as you aren't even given time to put a stamp on things, I think Pep isn't keen on returning to football just yet so they'll settle for Rafa.

Paid £100,000 a week for 6 months then get a few million in compensation. Sending my CV to Mr Abramovic tomorrow

Listening to the "studio experts" on Radio 5 last night.

"Chelsea were 2nd best all night".

Then another put a theory forward.

"All the British clubs are struggling in Europe; I think it's because they can't defend. InLeague matches they know if they stick a leg out or make a hard tackle they'll get at least a yellow card. Therefore they don't defent in the traditional mannerand lose out to the European clubs".

Knock Abramovich all you like, he has had success. He sacked Villas Boas and wins the Champs league, he has grabbed a perennially under-achieving club and got them to their first titles in 50 years and countless FA/League cups. His club, his choices and managers are just like players, they go to the highest bidders until you have proven yourself top of the pile, Ferguson and Guardiola

Benitez appointed until end of season.

Surprised that a manager who has been saying "he's waiting for the right project" is happy to be Guardiola's bitch for 6 months. I wonder if Rafa will ask Pep what players he wants in January.

Archived