IGNORED

How Many More Stabbings Untill Uefa Act?

Barrs Court Red

http://news.sky.com/story/1014951/tottenham-hotspur-fans-attacked-in-rome

About time the Italians were threatened with a ban untill the authorities make Rome safe for visiting fans.

Best City in the world but the local Ultras are insane. Had a night out with some Roma lads over there, the passions for their club is a credit, there's no need to take it this far.

I don't really think UEFA will take any sanctions against anyone for fighting in a pub the night before a game.

It could have been Lazio or Roma.

I've even read on the Millwall LLG site that some West Ham lads who "follow" Lazio may have been involved. Bizarre!

UEFA haven't got the balls to sanction any of the big football nations, it would cost money in tv revenue and advertising etc, which is all UEFA are interested in nowadays.

I don't really think UEFA will take any sanctions against anyone for fighting in a pub the night before a game.

It could have been Lazio or Roma.

I've even read on the Millwall LLG site that some West Ham lads who "follow" Lazio may have been involved. Bizarre!

UEFA haven't got the balls to sanction any of the big football nations, it would cost money in tv revenue and advertising etc, which is all UEFA are interested in nowadays.

A bit more than 'fighting in a pub'.

It was an organised attack by a large group of what Italian police have identified as armed Lazio ultras on a much smaller group of Spurs fans who were drinking quite peacefully. A guy could well die as a result.

If you don't take sanctions against the club, how else is this going to stop happening? It's hardly an isolated incident.

A bit more than 'fighting in a pub'.

It was an organised attack by a large group of what Italian police have identified as armed Lazio ultras on a much smaller group of Spurs fans who were drinking quite peacefully. A guy could well die as a result.

If you don't take sanctions against the club, how else is this going to stop happening? It's hardly an isolated incident.

I know it was a "bit more than fighting" but Lazio are already denying it was there fans.

It's also been said that there were foreign lads in with the Italians!

I agree with what you say,but UEFA won't do anything with regard to banning Italian clubs etc.

Let's face it,City wouldn't get done if our lads attacked ( let's say) the Colosseum if another teams support were in there the day before a game.

If it happened in the ground UEFA may act.

I know it was a "bit more than fighting" but Lazio are already denying it was there fans.

I agree with what you say,but UEFA won't do anything with regard to banning Italian clubs etc.

Let's face it,City wouldn't get done if our lads attacked ( let's say) the Colosseum if another teams support were in there the day before a game.

Possibly, but if there as a long history of foreign fans being stabbed in Bristol by City fans then you can bet your bottom dollar Uefa would take some action - and there would also be some UK government action over the so-called "English disease".

Italian cops seem to think it was Lazio ultras - and they've arrested five Italians.

• 1984: Liverpool fans stabbed by Roma supporters after European Cup Final
  • 2001: Liverpool supporters stabbed in buttocks
  • 2006: Middlesbrough fans attacked, again involving buttock slashing
  • 2007: Manchester United fans face similar attacks on two separate occasions
  • 2009: Man Utd fans attacked again by locals
  • Nov 2012: Lazio fans attack Spurs supporters

Seems to be a regular thing for our supporters in Rome

I know this is a serious subject and i am in no way belittling anything, but of all the pubs in Bristol to choose as an example in a thread about Rome......!!! I had to chuckle Mr P Bill!!

If this had happened to Italian fans in London, UEFA would be preparing to ban English clubs from European competition. As it is, the Italians will barely get a slap on the wrist

I hope you're not accusing the fine upstanding honest officials of UEFA of being biased against English clubs.

What does it have to do with UEFA? Violent scum should be dealt with by the police and the courts.

If it were down to me, Lazio would have the right to play their home matches at home revoked.

When it comes to the safety of fans who just want to follow their team, I don't think you can ever be too careful, or too harsh.

If it were down to me, Lazio would have the right to play their home matches at home revoked.

When it comes to the safety of fans who just want to follow their team, I don't think you can ever be too careful, or too harsh.

I just don't accept that this sort of violence is a football problem. It's a violent scum problem, if there was no football they'd be stabbing folk at boxing matches or tiddly winks.

Find them, nick them, and lock them up for a long long time.

I just don't accept that this sort of violence is a football problem. It's a violent scum problem, if there was no football they'd be stabbing folk at boxing matches or tiddly winks.

Find them, nick them, and lock them up for a long long time.

I disagree.

Football, for some reason, seems to whip people up into a frenzy like no other game. I've been to boxing matches, cricket matches, tennis matches, F1 etc. etc. all at the top level. Only boxing matches the noise and passion, without a couple of key elements; politics and religion (for the most part, at least).

It is a football related problem. It's not football's fault, nor UEFA's fault, but I think the powers that be are duty bound to do all they can. If that means Lazio have to play their European away matches in Siberia, then so be it!

Archived