IGNORED

Hughes Sacked

Monkeh

I believe QPR are guilty of the same tactics Chelsea have tried in their quite obvious up coming attempts to get Pep Guardiola in.

Ukraine sniffing about Harry, QPR were probably waiting for May, I think they would have stayed up but sacked Hughes and tried to bring Redknapp in then. However, recent events with HR and Ukraine have forced the issue somewhat!

Why on a Friday? Surely better to leave it until after tomorrow's game. They may have gone to Old Trafford and won and the whole mood changes.

I don't think that was ever on the cards, something wrong at QPR - probably the management style - as world class players aren't performing, it may take weeks to rectify, get the new man in asap

I still don't like QPR regardless of who's in charge

I don't think that was ever on the cards, something wrong at QPR - probably the management style - as world class players aren't performing, it may take weeks to rectify, get the new man in asap

Then sack him at the beginning of this week.

Seems daft to let him take the team training for a whole week then give him the boot the day before the game. What if the 2 assistants who are taking over want to implement a different system ? They can't work on it now.

Just seems odd timing to me , I dont think too many on here would be impressed if we sacked our manager the day before a game.

Then sack him at the beginning of this week.

Seems daft to let him take the team training for a whole week then give him the boot the day before the game. What if the 2 assistants who are taking over want to implement a different system ? They can't work on it now.

Just seems odd timing to me , I dont think too many on here would be impressed if we sacked our manager the day before a game.

Fair point, perhaps they only came to a decision today?

The plot thickens

Whom, might I ask, would you rate so highly at QPR? Lots of money spent on some very average, injury-prone and over the hill never-weres

Hughes had it coming, he signed some right tat, Prem has beens when he could have been far more adventurous and got something worth bothering with

Whom, might I ask, would you rate so highly at QPR? Lots of money spent on some very average, injury-prone and over the hill never-weres

Hughes had it coming, he signed some right tat, Prem has beens when he could have been far more adventurous and got something worth bothering with

I do agree he had it coming but

Green & Cesar are Premier League goalkeepers

Ferdinand, Onouha, Bosingwa and Fabio are definitley a class above the championship - I'd put Fabio and Bosingwa in world class

Park, Taraabt, Wright-Phillips could all do a job in a europa league team - I concede wright-phillips has certainly fallen over recent years

Cisse, Johnson and dare I say Zamora are all Premier League quality - Cisse is ridciulously hot headed but a damn good player

World Class is a bit over the top I'll accept that!

Ferdinand, Onouha, Bosingwa and Fabio are definitley a class above the championship - I'd put Fabio and Bosingwa in world class

Park, Taraabt, Wright-Phillips could all do a job in a europa league team - I concede wright-phillips has certainly fallen over recent years

Cisse, Johnson and dare I say Zamora are all Premier League quality - Cisse is ridciulously hot headed but a damn good player

Falling over is about all SWP has ever done. As for Bosingwa being world-class, not in a million years - great going forward, shame he's a full back really, 'cos he can't defend.

Cisse and Johnson are total sick notes, as per my comments, although class on their day, I admit

And Zamora has big ears, brays a lot and likes carrots

Falling over is about all SWP has ever done. As for Bosingwa being world-class, not in a million years - great going forward, shame he's a full back really, 'cos he can't defend.

Cisse and Johnson are total sick notes, as per my comments, although class on their day, I admit

And Zamora has big ears, brays a lot and likes carrots

Fair enough, each to their own - I agree on the Zamora comment, i was clutching at straws for that one - I laughed out loud when I saw BBC describe him as "QPR's England Striker"

I believe QPR are guilty of the same tactics Chelsea have tried in their quite obvious up coming attempts to get Pep Guardiola in.

Ukraine sniffing about Harry, QPR were probably waiting for May, I think they would have stayed up but sacked Hughes and tried to bring Redknapp in then. However, recent events with HR and Ukraine have forced the issue somewhat!

he can't complain really the board backed him to the hilt but it just hasn't worked for him

Granero is awesome, Taraabt on his day is unplayable (just rarely is it his day)

Cesar was the best keeper in the world a few years ago, I like Hoilett. That's about it though.

Yet another pathetic sacking. Hughes is a proven manager with a good track record, not even been in charge at QPR for a year, give him a chance ffs. I despair at the way football is run these days.

a run of 13 games in the league without a win (9 defeats) after spending multi millions on players who are not performing suggests the sacking was justified, the fact pundits agree with the sacking says it all

Yet another pathetic sacking. Hughes is a proven manager with a good track record, not even been in charge at QPR for a year, give him a chance ffs. I despair at the way football is run these days.

How is he a 'proven' manager? All he has done in the past is manage Blackburn with relative success, he is just another manager still getting jobs from the work that he did 8 years ago.

a run of 13 games in the league without a win (9 defeats) after spending multi millions on players who are not performing suggests the sacking was justified, the fact pundits agree with the sacking says it all

When will people wake up to the fact that things need time to fix ? Obviously there is a certain amount of time but I don't think a third of the way through the season with a manger of his capabilities is time enough. I don't take much notice of pundits.

When will people wake up to the fact that things need time to fix ? Obviously there is a certain amount of time but I don't think a third of the way through the season with a manger of his capabilities is time enough. I don't take much notice of pundits.

With the wages that QPR have handed out to their players this season, I don't think they have the time to allow the issue to fix. They probably realise that if they go down, with the FFP regulations coming into place that they would be as good as FU**ED next season.

he had a very poor run at the back end of last season winning 5 of the last 15 games and were very lucky to stay up,

He was aloud to rebuild the squad and did so only for on pitch affairs to go backwards,

A bit likt here but although we have been losing only really the last 2 performances of our 7 match losing streak were what I class a really poor performances,

Where as (according to my director who is a season ticket holder at qpr) QPR have been poor all season and were lucky to get 4 draws

Unlikely. They will have the prem revenues from this season, plus finishing position pot. Then if went down. League monies and sponsorship for next season, plus 16 mill parachute plus up to 6 Mill above turn over from whoever owns it at the moment. Add in transfers in and out contracts ending and stuff, then it should in theory be fine, despite 183 wages to turn over when promoted. They arent carrying Brum and Bolton debts As are soft loans ala Lansdown's to us so unless Mittal pulls out, then cant see an issue

they have 12 months after relgation to get their house in order

Yup, and as discussed, loans are like ours from Lansdown, similar dealio there. 2 seasons or whatever ff Prem income, plus what I mentioned above should be fine. Im sure that the Mittals, wont have any issue paying 100% cent fine either, not exactly going to miss it from their Billions, if being blase about it. Unless they suddenly decide to pull out. Im sure is fine

they have the richest people in the world behind them I doubt if they go down they will ever be in trouble,

I'd be suprised after their struggles last season if they didn't put relegation clauses into all their new signings contracts,

Personally a relegation and a promotion clause should be in all players contracts it punishes failure and rewards sucsess

he had a very poor run at the back end of last season winning 5 of the last 15 games and were very lucky to stay up,

He was aloud to rebuild the squad and did so only for on pitch affairs to go backwards,

A bit likt here but although we have been losing only really the last 2 performances of our 7 match losing streak were what I class a really poor performances,

Where as (according to my director who is a season ticket holder at qpr) QPR have been poor all season and were lucky to get 4 draws

He's had a shake up of players and it will inevitably take time for new ones to integrate to system etc. Hasn't worked as of yet but I still think that given time, and bearing in mind his premier league record, which is excellent, they would have come through. Now they have to start all over again, ridiculous.

Archived