IGNORED

10 Years Ago Today...

Lew-T

remember one of the pitch invasions got carried away and temporarily lost sight of me 5 year old boy who jumped on with me thought he'd been nicked as stewards seemed happy ejecting or getting people nicked for not alot bit like bolton the other week

didnt we beat em 5-3 at home or sommat too?

We did, Murray hatrick. Unbelievable season he had that year.

It was there that day, I remember I went mental for the fourth goal, ended up facing back into the crowd and just as I turned around Roberts let fly for the fith! Their fans were extremely hostile, I was sat on the coach after the game when some retard launched a traffic cone at the window, luckily it just bounced off. What a day that was. I doubt many third tier sides have ever been so good to watch as we were that season.

• Admin

Ali D's commentary.. still makes me smile

http://audioboo.fm/b...-mansfield-2002

Despite all that has gone on since I still can't remember a game like that... unbelievable feeling when the 5th went in. Remember getting abuse outside the ground as we left and being called cheating bastards.. this from fans of the team with 10 men and who, at 4-4, threw the ball to the back of the stand to try and waste time. I'm convinced the ref would have already blown up had they not done that and we'd never be talking about ten years on.

Ask Madger his memories of the game :me?:

:city: One reason to never leave a game early as a mate of mine did !

I was one of the few that was there that day,reading Christian Roberts autobiography he still remembers it as one of the most memorable games and says that Manager Danny Wilson stopped the coach on the way home so that the team could celebrate,with fish and chips !

Thinking back a win like that, against what is a minor team, is as good as any win in the Championship.

Remember looking at ceefax and thought there was some technical glitch..as the last time I looked we were 4-2 down Brilliant :laugh:

Checking the results on Ceefax ! Times gone by !

I remember I was working that day because the bloke who was meant to work wanted to go to Mansfield so I worked instead . I did however have Radio Bristol on listening to the commentary.

It don't seem like 10 years ago but I did enjoy watching City under Wilson , good times.

Archived