IGNORED

Team For Tomorrow?

redcherryberry

Heaton

Foster Bates D Wilson Bryan

Adomah Danns Kilkenny Anderson

Davies Baldock

That is an extremely weak and lightweight midfield. Kilkenny and Danns cannot tackle for toffee, we'll get battered for sure. The only way to play these 2 would be to play Elliot behind them. Can't see it working with just the two.

...................Heaton

Foster...Bates...Fontaine...Bryan

.............Elliott..Kilkenny

Adomah......Danns........Pearson

...................Davies

This!

EDIT OR:

....................Elliot

.............Danns..Kilkenny

Adomah..........................Pearson

IMO the sooner we get the Davies / Baldock partnership flourishing the better - not bothered if we describe it as 2 up front or 1,1. There is no future in this 1 tall striker up front nonsense - Davies is at least a presence as Taylor or Stead, and offers more goal-scoring threat. That leaves a midfield 4 - of which Marv (psycho tackler), Danns (quality) and Albert (obvious) pick themselves, leaving one other berth - probably left-sided - so, Pearson or Wooly.

This!

EDIT OR:

....................Elliot

.............Danns..Kilkenny

Adomah..........................Pearson

You're right that my suggestion does expose Killa, who it could be argued can only play in a midfield 5. However I prefer my attacking line-up to this, where the surely-time-to-rest Fonts weakens the defence and Pearson will be galloping around in the centre offering us no left-sided attack.

You're right that my suggestion does expose Killa, who it could be argued can only play in a midfield 5. However I prefer my attacking line-up to this, where the surely-time-to-rest Fonts weakens the defence and Pearson will be galloping around in the centre offering us no left-sided attack.

Fair enough. Maybe with the lack of goals and bolstered defence options, now might be the time to go out all attack.

I have to agree about Pearson though, he does tend to wonder out of his position. I can't think why Anderson hasn't been given a chance in the team, but maybe he is the answer, I don't know?

As he showed numerous times last season when having to play infront of the hapless McGivern, Pearson offers the full back excellent protection. I'm not for a second suggesting that Bryan is as poor as McGivern, but he is an inexperienced full back and Pearson's ability to help out defensively would be invaluable tomorrow in a game that we are going to have to be extremely solid. Pearson was excellent on the left at St Marys last season and tomorrow will more than likely require the same type of performance from City.

It wont be but i would like to see this -

GK Heaton

DR Foster

DL Bryan

CB Bates

CB D.Wilson

DM Kilkenny

DM Danns

AM Davies

AR Adomah

CF Taylor

AL Anderson

Yeah pretty much spot on with that mate. Think that's what I would go for. Although I would play Pearson wide left to offer a bit of protection to young Joe.

At least with Stead injured that solves one problem for Mcinnes, because Davies should be starting anyway.

As Anderson always seems to favour moving on to his right foot when he does get an opportunity, perhaps he deserves a chance to start on the right.

Adomah's been blowing very little hot and a hell of alot of cold this season, end product still a massive problem.

Thought danns looked like a tank, not light weight at all. Though not that defencivly minded, killkenny won't leave our half of the pich

If you put Danns in central midfield with Kilkenny then Danns would end up having to do the job of two men, as others have had to do in the past. Kilkenny cannot play in a midfield 4, and it doesnt matter if he doesnt leave his own half of the pitch, the guy cant tackle so would be a waste of time playing there. Teams would walk right through us with that midfield you suggest. My opinion of course.

If you put Danns in central midfield with Kilkenny then Danns would end up having to do the job of two men, as others have had to do in the past. Kilkenny cannot play in a midfield 4, and it doesnt matter if he doesnt leave his own half of the pitch, the guy cant tackle so would be a waste of time playing there. Teams would walk right through us with that midfield you suggest. My opinion of course.

We got to a P/O final in this division with Lee Johnson in midfield with Marv. They key is and energy man who gives the passer the chance to play. Just my humble opinion. I may be right I may be wrong. I believe it does matter if killkenny stays there. Forces the attacker to at least slow down and take more time over his dribbling. I might be clutching at straws

Archived