IGNORED

Apology

Super

This is the trouble with many City fans! Far to quick to criticise when things are getting tough! Del's a top manager and knows what he's doing! Hopefully we can build On the past 2 games and show what were really made of!

Agree, no-one has anything to apologise for; we all have our own ideas on teams,players etc, none of which really matters to anyone else.

As fans we will continue to voice our opinions though as we always have done, even if it means a few verbals from fellow reds.

In SL and DM we have 2 guys whose opinions really matter on the progress of our club, while they get on with that we can get on with the banter :punish: with each other. :city:

Although we gave superb backs to wall performances last season against Southampton and Forest, today was our most complete away performance in a long, long time. Miller caused us some problems, but we were in the main solid without the ball and always looked a threat with the ball.

Carey and Fontaine both had very games and defended the second ball excellently on the occassions where Miller won the first ball. Joe Bryan was again superb and watching him come forward with the ball gliding past players really is a joy to watch. Marv started off giving the ball away a few times, but after that he was an absolute mountain, I lost count of the amount of tackles he made and he gave Kilkenny and Danns, who both had good games, a base to go and play. Albert was back to his best and on another day could possibly have been taking the match ball home. A special mention has to go to Taylor as well. Full credit has to go to McInnes for picking him today and once again this season we produce our best football when he is on the pitch. It is extremely harsh on Davies who looks dynamite in front of goal, but Taylor's ability to hold up the ball and bring others into play is invaluable in our team.

Do we have time for him to learn on the job?

We all know that that defence 9 games out of 10 will get ripped apart. Del is living on borrowed time and his shit tactics and shit team selections are being found out. Yesterday we luckily got away with it, it wont happen again.

the majority of our idiot happy clapping fans will now think he can turn it around, he wont and he cant.

Has he not signed on loan 2 decent centre halfs and a top midfielder ? have 3 out of the 4 top teams in this div all ripped our shit defence apart? you will have less than a week to see it happen again, and dont be to surprised ifwe dont lose again for a while.

You need therapy :facepalm:

The fact that most seem to go over board with this one result is testamony to why we have lost 11 out of 18, that we are happy now is totally not what we need to be, I just hope the players realise that they have to start doing the same every week. We as supporters and BCFC have to set the bar higher, and then perhaps we can then feel a bit pleased with ourselves.

We do sound as we have a small club mentality, and that is exactly what other clubs in this league think of us, we really need to change this image of being a soft touch.

It can start on here I guess, no longer a Happy Clapper more of a Nastie Chappy. :boxing:

Little acorns mate; we were here some 45yrs ago when I found our club; I wont be here to see it but fully expect us to still be here in another 45yrs, with some ups and downs in between. Just as it has been, just as it will be.

to be fair in the run of 11 games with out a win and the 7 loses in a row we were unlucky in about half of those, we should of beaten Blackpool millwall, should of picked up points against blackburn and leeds were very unlucky against Forest,

We are not a million miles away from a good team and I suspect we could go on a bit of a run now, winning can become a habit look at millwall,

We just have to be very vocal in our support of the manage (most of the fan base trust him) and the players and I'm sure they will respond in kind,

Does anyone esle find it annoying when people reply to threads with those silly videos instead of actually writing something? Might just be me I guess.

Anyway, I'm intrigued Mr Keepuplino, who are you then?

It's the kids who spend all day on Imgur, a single UV ray would shock then into a heart attack...

The fact that most seem to go over board with this one result is testamony to why we have lost 11 out of 18, that we are happy now is totally not what we need to be, I just hope the players realise that they have to start doing the same every week. We as supporters and BCFC have to set the bar higher, and then perhaps we can then feel a bit pleased with ourselves.

We do sound as we have a small club mentality, and that is exactly what other clubs in this league think of us, we really need to change this image of being a soft touch.

It can start on here I guess, no longer a Happy Clapper more of a Nastie Chappy. :boxing:

To be fair, we've got a small club mentality because we're a small club. We've got one of the smallest attendances in the division, we're one of the few clubs in the division to have never played Premier League football and, if you took are average league position over the years, it'd be lower Championship/upper Division One.

In the grand scheme of things, the last six years have been a relatively good phase for the club.

to be fair in the run of 11 games with out a win and the 7 loses in a row we were unlucky in about half of those, we should of beaten Blackpool millwall, should of picked up points against blackburn and leeds were very unlucky against Forest,

We are not a million miles away from a good team and I suspect we could go on a bit of a run now, winning can become a habit look at millwall,

We just have to be very vocal in our support of the manage (most of the fan base trust him) and the players and I'm sure they will respond in kind,

I think what's quite telling is the fact our goal difference is better than the other 4 clubs around us - we haven't been getting comprehensively battered every week in the way we were at the beginning of last year.

Obviously Saturday was just one win and we can't get carried away but what is pleasing is the fact that, after the game against Charlton where it looked like we just didn't have any fight or desire to turn things around and I did start to think it was the beginning of the end for McInnes, the players have shown in the last couple of games that they do want to play for the manager and for the shirts. There's a long way to go yet but at least there's hope now...

I think what's quite telling is the fact our goal difference is better than the other 4 clubs around us - we haven't been getting comprehensively battered every week in the way we were at the beginning of last year.

Obviously Saturday was just one win and we can't get carried away but what is pleasing is the fact that, after the game against Charlton where it looked like we just didn't have any fight or desire to turn things around and I did start to think it was the beginning of the end for McInnes, the players have shown in the last couple of games that they do want to play for the manager and for the shirts. There's a long way to go yet but at least there's hope now...

Wasn't this down to the manager locking the players in the changing room after the game,and mr Lansdown coming out in the papers on the Monday saying it wasn't good enough and he was chucking money at it to sort.

Since then we've signed bates, danns and Wilson. Why weren't they signed before if they were needed and why was it left for sl to sort when it's been needed all season.

Still

Christ almighty! People are pleased with the win because it was against a side at the top of the league and going really well.

Thought today City were excellent, played some great football in the middle of the park, defended well (Fontaine improved tenfold) and took our chances! Lets face it, we couldve had 5 today if it wasnt for Pearson blazing over the bar, Albert losing a little composure in front of goal and it seemed a blatant tug on Taylors shirt in the area by all accounts couldve resulted in a pen. We improved last week with a 1-1 draw against a good Blackpool side and a superb away win today. The squad we have is far better than the position we are in, lets hope for more of the same against Brighton... not easy but winnable! CTID

There is a difference between being pleased with a win (which I was too) and getting carried away (which the large majority were). It's clear to see that there was too much optimism after a single win on these forums, I'm not saying we should all moan constantly but I also think far too often we're pleased with scraps.

People always seem to react your way on these forums and by that I mean getting all "shocked" when someone says "well done we won one game but stop getting carried away" and it makes no sense. I'm sat here in Cardiff right now wearing this seasons kit with my name and number on the back of my shirt and the patches on my arms, I'm not giving up on the team I've followed for as long as I can remember but I sure as hell am not going to start praising them every time they show a tiny ounce of backbone. In all my time watching Bristol City I've never seen a team with less heart and less drive. Watching the game against Wolves yesterday I actually laughed as the third went in, watching our "defense" shout and blame each other when truth be told I've seen better defending in the Welsh pub league, it was truly embarrassed when one of my Cardiff City fan mates text me and asked if I'd seen our defense as the only thing I could reply was "no, probably more likely that you've seen them than me".

This isn't our worst patch in history but we've gone from a team who was punching above it's weight and could have seen a season or two in the Premier League to a team who at the moment would struggle to beat a League One team.

What worries me further is watching Coventry. My mate is a Cov fan and so after last season he's been very quiet with regards to his team going down and us surviving but I have watched them and seen how they've dealt with the relegation and it's only recently they've started getting results and are still only 15th in League One. That's us if something big doesn't change and what worries me the most is our fans seem too stubborn or maybe even afraid to admit it. I'm not calling anyone a happy clapper but there is certainly an element of denial and whilst I want Del to come good it's obvious by now that he isn't going to.

McInnes current record is: 56 games, 15 wins, 13 draws and 28 losses with a win ratio of only 26.79%!! To put that into perspective Keith Millen lost less games with only 27 losses, won 3 more with one less draw and when you consider how fast people were to react to him needing to go it's safe to say McInnes is being given a lot more leniency and I think it's because he was a manager to start with and Millen was only an Assistant Manager. I think many felt short changed with Millen and that he'd only been given the job because he was the "cheap option".... well McInnes was a "proper appointment" and he'd got a worse record with what looks likely to be a bigger increase to the loss section of his results coming.

For me the only way to save this club now is to do one of three things....

1) Take relegation with McInnes and give him one more preseason to build the defense and midfield the way he wants it and see if he can get us back up (unlikely)

2) Sack him, break the bank to bring in someone capable to saving us and then give them time to rebuild (again unlikely due to our finances)

3) Sack him and appoint a new manager who is unknown but a good motivator and hope he can get the tactics right as well as motivate a team who in my eyes have already given up on this club.

All in all we're in a very bad situation, nothing to sell the club to a new manager and a current manager who just doesn't seem up for the job so excuse me if I don't jump around cheering like we've won a cup every time we get more than 1 point.... although given the season so far I do understand why some may...

Archived