IGNORED

Brighton Vs City Match Thread

East end Forever

I think it's a bit naive to say it is THE way to to be successful, didn't win them an awful lot last year did it? Agree with you about Stoke though, annoys me when people always slag them off just because they play the game a bit more physically than say, Arsenal. Probably being a bit unfair about Barce. I'm just not their biggest fan as possession football doesn't really do it for me, more of a Madrid man myself. To each their own I guess.

I'm a Madrid man too, but I can't see past Barca's style and the success it's brought over the last 5 years. It took an almost faultless season for Real to take the title from them and not many would argue that they deserved to beat Chelsea.

Stoke have an excellent midfield, they start from the front as opposed to the back like Barca.

This was only a question of time.

Should have panned us at Vicarage Road, but for Heaton and more composure in the box they would have been 5 or 6 up by h/t.

Yeah you could see the gulf in class between their players and our players.. no idea how we drew that one, and we could of won it at the end iswell

Hilarious that there are some posters who expect us to win every away game at top of the table clubs!

Not a disaster, but disappointing that Bates who seems generally quite solid has given away a penalty and been responsible for what sounds like an utterly clownlike mix-up in his first two games for us. Hope he doesn't turn out to be another 'calamity' - great for 88 minutes, but always gifting one goal to the opposition.

Clearly Derek thinks Louis couldn't play two games in 4 days, but I wonder, could he have? He keeps himself pretty fit and there are far older defenders at other clubs. Is he injured? There was a lot going for keeping the faith with our side at Boro.

We're Bristol frikking City, not Barcelona and we should not be leaving better goalscorers on the bench in favour of a bloke up front who doesn't shoot and doesn't score, on the basis that he apparently retains the ball for Elliot, Kilkenny, Pearson et al to **** up more often.

Perhaps someone should tell Barce about this amazing Taylor chap we have playing for us.

Dissapointed we lost, but the bigger picture is apparently we didn't play that badly.

We still haven't actually been totally dicked by anyone.

I would have killed for TWO points from these two difficult away games, as it turns out ,we got THREE.

Down side, Wolves will probs sack their manager before we play them, with their current form it's a bit of a six pointer!

Sorry to be such a "happy clapper".

The run has come to an end.The one swallow not making a summer comes to mind.I have been at work and just returned.But reading that he took Davies off is beyond me. He is our leading scorer and hardly ever starts and when he does he is subbed. I know it is an old comment but former managers would be hammered for that. But somehow the majority on this forum seem to be able to justify this insanity. Also I read regularly the defence of Del about his shambolic attempts to sort out the defence.Again other managers would have been hammered.

Can someone please explain what they see that I can't.

The run has come to an end.The one swallow not making a summer comes to mind.I have been at work and just returned.But reading that he took Davies off is beyond me. He is our leading scorer and hardly ever starts and when he does he is subbed. I know it is an old comment but former managers would be hammered for that. But somehow the majority on this forum seem to be able to justify this insanity. Also I read regularly the defence of Del about his shambolic attempts to sort out the defence.Again other managers would have been hammered.

Can someone please explain what they see that I can't.

it's not beyond me. Davies has injury problems - I'm not sure if he has played 90 minutes yet. If he'd played 2nd half, I get the impression he would have been ruled out for the Wolves game which is a massive game and a much better prospect of 3 points than being 2 -0 down at one of the better sides in the division at half time. It's not as though we don't have other options is it?

Hilarious that there are some posters who expect us to win every away game at top of the table clubs!

Not a disaster, but disappointing that Bates who seems generally quite solid has given away a penalty and been responsible for what sounds like an utterly clownlike mix-up in his first two games for us. Hope he doesn't turn out to be another 'calamity' - great for 88 minutes, but always gifting one goal to the opposition.

Clearly Derek thinks Louis couldn't play two games in 4 days, but I wonder, could he have? He keeps himself pretty fit and there are far older defenders at other clubs. Is he injured? There was a lot going for keeping the faith with our side at Boro.

Two massive cock-ups in two games doesn't sound very solid to me

I agree only with the comments on there which relate to us just playing pretty passing games in our own half - and when two-down, why would Brighton come on to us and close us down when we show absolutely no threat going forward.

At the moment I'd rather we Celtic-style v Barcelona and had no possession and are dwarfed in all stats apart from goals. What use is doing what we did tonight when it gets us absolutely nowhere.

Perhaps, Andy.

It's a source of great frustration. I manage an under 7's and 8'a team and after 6 months with them they've already got the capability to dick all the teams they play. Then, out of the blue one of the 50 something dads screams across the pitch at their son to get rid, or to shoot when a pass is available under the false impression you have to score within 5 seconds of getting the ball.

The notion of phases of play, ball retention and having goals in all positions not just the striker is foreign to most people I've come across.

Taylor doesn't score goals, but he creates them. Maybe not the end assist, but the hold up play, clever movement and ball retention allows us to play near their goal and work openings from easier positions. In an ideal world Taylor has a strike partner, the man who feeds off him like le fonder did, but with our midfield its not possible. It means we have to rely on the midfield, like on Saturday. We have goals there, it's about creating the chances for them.

I wrote a post the other week about how I saw us able to play two up front, but it requires is dropping both wide men and playing a central 3 with either Danns or Davies slightly withdrawn from Baldock and Taylor. But after Saturday can you drop Albert?

Taylor adds so much to the team, we concede less because the balls up front longer, we create more for the same reason, we score more as a result. That people refuse to see past goal tally's annoys me, especially when I think I've given a fairly good account as to why it's not as important as others think.

I'm happy to agree to disagree, but it's hard when you firmly believe in your own instincts about the game as a whole and have seen a player as good at what he does as Taylor playing for us.

As I said, as patronising as ever Jordan.

Like yourself, I have coaching badges and I have managed.....all be it with me, Ive managed adult football. I am not saying that Taylor doesnt offer all of the things that you say, I just fancy Davies as a better all round player then Taylor. Davies can hold the ball up, he is strong, great touch and has an incredible knack to make space for himself to get shots away.

As you say, the problem is we cannot play two up front as our midfield is not good enough. Who's fault is this? sorry, but like our defence, this should have been addressed pre season, but wasnt. I find it truely unbelievable our manager, failed to address our problem areas. "He tried but couldnt get the players".....boll*cks. Sorry, hes been here 12 months now and I look at teams like Palace and Millwall, teams with similar budgets then us, who addressed their problems without to much trouble.

You talk about coaching and playing the game of football the right way, however this club never evolves the way it plays. We play the same type of crap now, as we did under Millen and under Johnson. We got two quality players in Baldock and Davies, yet we cannot play them as we have to rely on sticking a great lump up front who we can pump the ball up to and rely on his great work ethic.

This club frustrates the hell out of me. I dont expect to see us top 6, but what I do expect from our manager and coaches is, after 12 months in charge, some kind of progression.

So have we progressed? same league position, same defensive errors game after game, same weak centre midfield that cannot cope at this level, same lack of creativity. My answer to my question would be no, we havent progressed. The fault for this lies at the feet of the manager and coaches who, in my opinion, are not good enough. The facts prove this. Lets look at Albert, 100 games for City now....still just as raw now as he was when he first joined.....

Maybe we can get your kids a game? they certainly sound a lot better then the team McInnes puts out week in week out

Really?

and your calling me thick?

Yes. Del picks the side, picks the formation and informs the players how we play the game. Unforced errors are not the managers fault, so please tell me how? He also tried to improve the back four but unfortunately, most of them are injured:

Elokobi

McManus

M.Wilson

Bates

D.Wilson

Yes. Del picks the side, picks the formation and informs the players how we play the game. Unforced errors are not the managers fault, so please tell me how? He also tried to improve the back four but unfortunately, most of them are injured:

Elokobi granted, very unfortunate

McManus sh*te....and was sh*te last season, no idea why we got him back

M.Wilson sh*te

Bates cannot comment

D.Wilson what was the point in signing him on loan and not playing him?? utterly pointless

Archived