IGNORED

Brighton Vs City Match Thread

East end Forever

Attack the post not the poster. Cant work out how to double quote, so just saying I agree with Harry - in the sh*t that surrounds us, we grabbed points from a top team. Thats what we do. Shame we can't do it regular!

It was a polite suggestion, otherwise the other moderators might take more drastic actions. Call it mediation

It's 1 win in 13 games that's got my goat Harry!! No clean sheet all season...there is reason to be very concerned. I agree, our next 4 home games are key.

Absolutely Kid. I'm not saying I'm not concerned about our lack of a clean sheet and the awful run we've been on, but regardless I'm still chuffed to have got 3 points from the last 6 when I expected none.

December is huge.

Absolutely Kid. I'm not saying I'm not concerned about our lack of a clean sheet and the awful run we've been on, but regardless I'm still chuffed to have got 3 points from the last 6 when I expected none.

December is huge.

In fairness, credit where it's due. Sounds like we have played ok since going 2-0 down.

Frustrating night all the same.

December is huge.

It is that. It's the month that Jesus - our saviour - was born.

*Checks European leagues for a December born player called Jesus who might help*

Agree with first bit, but Davies should start too playing left midfield instead of that waster Pearson!

Pearson does a lot of work that goes unseen. He tucks in to tighten the midfield but breaks into the box as well. Why play Davies out of position when he wouldn't do the defensive side of the job as well as pearson does.

As patronising as ever I see Jordan

Perhaps, Andy.

It's a source of great frustration. I manage an under 7's and 8'a team and after 6 months with them they've already got the capability to dick all the teams they play. Then, out of the blue one of the 50 something dads screams across the pitch at their son to get rid, or to shoot when a pass is available under the false impression you have to score within 5 seconds of getting the ball.

The notion of phases of play, ball retention and having goals in all positions not just the striker is foreign to most people I've come across.

Taylor doesn't score goals, but he creates them. Maybe not the end assist, but the hold up play, clever movement and ball retention allows us to play near their goal and work openings from easier positions. In an ideal world Taylor has a strike partner, the man who feeds off him like le fonder did, but with our midfield its not possible. It means we have to rely on the midfield, like on Saturday. We have goals there, it's about creating the chances for them.

I wrote a post the other week about how I saw us able to play two up front, but it requires is dropping both wide men and playing a central 3 with either Danns or Davies slightly withdrawn from Baldock and Taylor. But after Saturday can you drop Albert?

Taylor adds so much to the team, we concede less because the balls up front longer, we create more for the same reason, we score more as a result. That people refuse to see past goal tally's annoys me, especially when I think I've given a fairly good account as to why it's not as important as others think.

I'm happy to agree to disagree, but it's hard when you firmly believe in your own instincts about the game as a whole and have seen a player as good at what he does as Taylor playing for us.

Pearson does a lot of work that goes unseen. He tucks in to tighten the midfield but breaks into the box as well. Why play Davies out of position when he wouldn't do the defensive side of the job as well as pearson does.

What's that sort of sense doing on this thread?

The fact that Pearson has a tidy goalscoring record since joining us, was offered a deal by Millwall in the summer and has had a decent career at this level is clearly all irrelevant, because some people on here don't like him and see him as the root cause of all our problems....

Archived