IGNORED

No Ashton Vale Hearing Untill Oct 2013!

Barrs Court Red

Guest City's Defence!!

loving this.. The nimby's think they have almost won but i reckon the landowners have got an ace up there sleeve. Patience is a virtue have faith the ground will be built by 2020!!!

We want a full blown enquiry the nimbys don't,

We won this as its now going to be a full equiry we are also seeking in the High Court to over turn the orignal ruling for the TVG and the split we want the whole area reliesed for devlopment,

Its taking longer but the nimbys could lose everything and face rather large legal bill (paid by the bristol Tax Payer) also do the have the resources to fight this in full? we have

Agree Monkeh, I think this looks pretty good for us if we are taking it to a "full enquiry".

Wonder what our Ace is though?

no idea but I bet its pretty convincing and frankly I don't want the club to leak anything on this so they can suprise and blow the nimbys out of the water when the time is right

Hmm looking at the Defra site it has the following:

The new approach will prevent TVG applications when an application for planning permission has been made or granted, and when land has been allocated for development by the local authority.

There are already well over 4,000 existing TVGs and they will retain full protection. TVGs can continue to be registered where no development is either proposed or the subject of ongoing community consultation.

Under the plans, private landowners who wish to allow some public use of their land will now be able to do so without jeopardising its value or future development potential. Currently, if a landowner does not challenge public use of his or her land for a period of twenty years, any future use for business, farming or development use may be ruled out by a TVG registration.

Financial savings from the changes are likely to run to many millions in the short term, and significantly more in the longer term. This includes savings to local authorities, developers and landowners through cuts to legal fees, public enquiry costs and costs resulting from devaluation of land and delays.

Longer term financial benefits will arise from increased certainty around how local land will be used, social improvements and economic growth from jobs and development.

The reforms to the legislation are expected to come into force by summer 2013.

Not sure if the new law would be applied to existing cases already in progress.

Hmm looking at the Defra site it has the following:

The new approach will prevent TVG applications when an application for planning permission has been made or granted, and when land has been allocated for development by the local authority.

There are already well over 4,000 existing TVGs and they will retain full protection. TVGs can continue to be registered where no development is either proposed or the subject of ongoing community consultation.

Under the plans, private landowners who wish to allow some public use of their land will now be able to do so without jeopardising its value or future development potential. Currently, if a landowner does not challenge public use of his or her land for a period of twenty years, any future use for business, farming or development use may be ruled out by a TVG registration.

Financial savings from the changes are likely to run to many millions in the short term, and significantly more in the longer term. This includes savings to local authorities, developers and landowners through cuts to legal fees, public enquiry costs and costs resulting from devaluation of land and delays.

Longer term financial benefits will arise from increased certainty around how local land will be used, social improvements and economic growth from jobs and development.

The reforms to the legislation are expected to come into force by summer 2013.

Not sure if the new law would be applied to existing cases already in progress.

an exsisting TVG isn't in place yet

It won't "go to whitehall", there's no process for that to happen.

It seems deliberate on our part, which is positive. I suspect that the impending legislation as mentioned might be a reason for that.

It would be interesting to know whether the inquiry will use the new legislation. I suspect it will have to.

Guest del ete

its the result we as the land owner wanted

Not disagreeing that, I said yesterday that Ross Crail would probably favour a new review, I mean why wouldnt she? Another pay-day! plus as we no nothing is ever sorted out quickly in this country.

Looks positive, I assume the reason behind wanting a delay must be the proposed change in legislation.

I do not see the usual snide comments from Nimbys on Bristol 247, which can only be good news. They are usually crying victory at every given opportunity, so maybe they have realised the game could be up who knows.

Wonder if they decide to compromise after all as this would be the most sensible option for everyone with an ounce of sense. I have the feeling that those behind the TVG application couldnt honestly give two hoots about the land. They simply like to gain self importance by causing such disputes, so I suspect they would prefer to drag things on for years and lose, rather than except a very fair compromise.

We want a full blown enquiry the nimbys don't,

We won this as its now going to be a full equiry we are also seeking in the High Court to over turn the orignal ruling for the TVG and the split we want the whole area reliesed for devlopment,

Its taking longer but the nimbys could lose everything and face rather large legal bill (paid by the bristol Tax Payer) also do the have the resources to fight this in full? we have

Our record at High Court isn't good, the NIMBYs seem to have friends in VERY high places. I mean we get given a judge in our case that actually made the precident to replace an applicant......why were we given that particular judge?.

Whitehall did get involed in Falmer but it took a long time and a lot of lobbying from everyone connect with BHA.

Our only hope is that the new legislation can be used at the new enquiry.

BCAGFC

Our record at High Court isn't good, the NIMBYs seem to have friends in VERY high places. I mean we get given a judge in our case that actually made the precident to replace an applicant......why were we given that particular judge?.

Whitehall did get involed in Falmer but it took a long time and a lot of lobbying from everyone connect with BHA.

Our only hope is that the new legislation can be used at the new enquiry.

BCAGFC

thats because there was precidence for him to grant that, the council cocked up through no fault of the clubs and it wasn't us fighting that case it was the council that have a poor history,

This is now us fighting with Lansdown millions behind it, not the council and the tax payers money

Could be a tactical move to say to the Nimby's that we are prepared to take it this far, forcing their hand due to the cost to themselves in legal fee's etc.

Don't know just speculating.

That was my initial feeling... Surely this will strain the nimbys now cos they know that the costs of this will go through the roof for them,

Guest del ete

That was my initial feeling... Surely this will strain the nimbys now cos they know that the costs of this will go through the roof for them,

Its not their money they are using. Council covers the enquiry costs, then they use the "no win, no fee" solicitors or find some poor sod who can qualify for legall aid to use as their puppet to cover any court costs they might incure.

If they had to put their own money on the line then none of this would ever of happened.

One day in the future when im stood in the Landsdown end of our new stadium, this will all seem a distant memory. The wheels turn slow, but they do turn and i reckon they are surely now turning in our favor. The only thing slowing them down are the constant spanners being flung by the NIMBYs, thats been their mission from day 1.

Its not their money they are using. Council covers the enquiry costs, then they use the "no win, no fee" solicitors or find some poor sod who can qualify for legall aid to use as their puppet to cover any court costs they might incure.

If they had to put their own money on the line then none of this would ever of happened.

Sorry thats what I ment.

Bristolians (regardless of what team they support) are already annoyed at how much all this is costing the taxpayers, so the fact that its going to be extended for a further year will put pressure on the nimbys to stop IMO.

They will certainly have more pressure to stop than we will.

Guest del ete

Nimbys now claiming that the Southern Section has already been registered as a Village Green & can now never be built on. Can anyone clarify the situation with this?

Nimbys now claiming that the Southern Section has already been registered as a Village Green & can now never be built on. Can anyone clarify the situation with this?

it hasn't it was never signed or sealed as they went to JR which put the whole thing back on the cards,

None of it was registered I believe, because the nimbys said the council used the wrong map

They are claiming this because they are worried about losing the lot

Guest CardiffBlackLabel

Jesus advice from one of the many who bent over and took it up the Gary Glitter and sold his soul to the Malaysians, one of the red bluebirds, thanks for that.

I don't like Bristol City, but seriously..you got planning permission in 2009..started talking about the new stadium a couple years before that...you now have a years delay before some meeting or whatever..then probably some more delays, followed by more challenges, followed by a construction period.

In that time you've gone from play off finalists and championship big boys to relegation fodder.

Seriously, why not work on plan B...extending that main stand of yours or something. Give yourselves some momentum..this stadium wait is dragging your club down.

championship big boys

Bloody hell, i must of missed that. We know what we are.

With regards to the stadium, it may read like that to an outsider, but essentially a group of NIMBYs have done everything in their power to stop this from happening. Was there any such problems with your new yard?

Guest Threshersleftboot

This sounds very positive to me rather than a farce.

Delaying for the right reasons which is to get the whole 42 acres as a building plot, part of which will be the stadium and another part an arena - with housing and retail as well of course.

I think we are all pissing in the wind desperately looking for positives which arent there.

Do yourselves a favour and renovate Ashton Gate.

Cardiff, there was an original plan to rebuild 3 of the stands at the Gate one at a time, although this would be more expensive than Ashton Vale. Clearly if the club knew how much hassle the whole scheme would be they might have though differently.

From where we are now the owner has 3 choices

1) Abandon the stadium and let the Nimbys have their village green.

2) Abandon the stadium and keep fighting the village green for the land

3) Keep fighting for the stadium

No 1. sticks in the craw. Would you let someone steal the land you had paid for?

No 2. is kind of pointless as if you win the case what will you do the land (not sure you could build houses there)?

So No. 3 keep fighting until it reaches a point where the lawyers say there is no chance of success.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...ristol-20529011

The newly-elected Bristol mayor has called for a second public inquiry into Bristol City's new stadium to be brought forward.

George Ferguson made the call after lawyers for both town green campaigners and the Ashton Vale landowners decided the earliest date was October 2013.

The mayor had therefore called on all parties "to come back before the end of this week with fresh proposals to ensure that the inquiry is instead completed early in the New Year", he added.

The newly-elected Bristol mayor has called for a second public inquiry into Bristol City's new stadium to be brought forward.

George Ferguson made the call after lawyers for both town green campaigners and the Ashton Vale landowners decided the earliest date was October 2013.

The mayor had therefore called on all parties "to come back before the end of this week with fresh proposals to ensure that the inquiry is instead completed early in the New Year", he added.

Sums up where his allegiance is. Not sure he's got that kind of power though really.

I have a £92 million dollar question:

Suppose the high court rules in the landowners favour. The European Court of Human Hypocricy will come down on us like a ****ing anvil wont they??

With a bit of luck we'll be without that in Oct 2013 as well.

The tories in my opinion are trying their hardest to remove the red tape and get this country moving - despite upsetting a lot of their NIMBY electorate in the process. I know where my vote is going in 2014.

Sums up where his allegiance is. Not sure he's got that kind of power though really.

I have a £92 million dollar question:

Suppose the high court rules in the landowners favour. The European Court of Human Hypocricy will come down on us like a ****ing anvil wont they??

With a bit of luck we'll be without that in Oct 2013 as well.

The tories in my opinion are trying their hardest to remove the red tape and get this country moving - despite upsetting a lot of their NIMBY electorate in the process. I know where my vote is going in 2014.

The European Court (and the ECHR - a seperate body that has nothing to do with the EU) have no juristiction over planning disputes.

Looks like the Red Pantaloned one has realised that any delay could play into our hands and so he calls for it to be dealt with under NIMBY law.

Funny that, him not coming out and stating that he is fully behind a new stadium for us at AV.

BCAGFC

Bollocks to that.

He must know that the Numpties have a better chance of getting their way with an early inquiry where as the longer it goes on it will suit the land owners and Bristol City FC

Think our new mayor should be questioned on why he wants the new enquiry early in the new year, after all, he said he serves/represents us now.

Hope he doesn't mind those splinters that he is getting sitting on his 'agnostic' fence.

BCAGFC

Might not be a planning dispute?

I think the next stage, RB, whenever it takes place, will be the end game - one way or another. A lot of strange things are written into the European Convention on Human Rights but the right to take your dog for a shiit on a former landfill site ain't one of them!

I think the next stage, RB, whenever it takes place, will be the end game - one way or another. A lot of strange things are written into the European Convention on Human Rights but the right to take your dog for a shiit on a former landfill site ain't one of them!

Good I hope your right. Red trousers has put a downer on this though hasn't he. Giving him the benefit of the doubt, I think it is because he's anti-supermarket rather than anti-progress.

I don't like Bristol City, but seriously..you got planning permission in 2009..started talking about the new stadium a couple years before that...you now have a years delay before some meeting or whatever..then probably some more delays, followed by more challenges, followed by a construction period.

In that time you've gone from play off finalists and championship big boys to relegation fodder.

Seriously, why not work on plan B...extending that main stand of yours or something. Give yourselves some momentum..this stadium wait is dragging your club down.

So let's get this straight one of the red bluebirds prostitutes is giving us advice?, some people have incredibly short memories, like almost going out of business regularly whilst all the below was going on, hypocrisy or what.

Planning

First mooted as a long term target by former owner Sam Hammam, the new stadium first gained public approval after a meeting between Hammam and then Cardiff Lord Mayor Russell Goodway in January 2002, giving the club 12 months to agree a planning and business plan.[11] In November 2002 the club and Cardiff Council signed an outline agreement for the development, subject to later agreement for outline planning permission.[12]

In March 2003, stories began to emerge that the Chief Executive of the Millennium Stadium wanted Cardiff City to use their stadium instead, and saw no viable plan for two 50,000+ seat capacity stadium in the Welsh capital[13] This was increased in light of Cardiff City's promotion to the Championship in May 2003 with local fears over traffic and access problems.[14]

However, on 20 August 2003 Cardiff councillors gave unanimous approval to the stadium plans, although expressed concerns over the need and scale of the retail development but understood its need to fund the stadium.[15] On 9 September 2003 the Welsh Assembly gave approval to the plan.[16]

In April 2004, Cardiff Council gave the first phase covering the stadium with a capacity of 30,000 seats and new athletics track approval.[17] The next phase was held up by various legal and technical delays from November 2004[18] to January 2005, when the council gave approval to three detailed plans for the retail development, subject to agreement of suitable underlying business plans.[19]

Although development could have then started in May 2005, the underlying need for seed financing revealed the financial status of Cardiff City football club as poor, with over £30 million of debt and the need to sell star player and club captain Graham Kavanagh to Wigan Athletic F.C. in March 2005. It was also revealed that players and staff had not been paid for a month as the club struggled to honour a wage bill believed to be £750,000 a month, while auditors were looking at possible cutbacks.[20] On 1 March 2005 the club delayed the development until at least July 2005.[21]

After a 1–0 home loss to Sheffield United and a mobbing by fans, on 6 March 2005 Hammam apologised to fans, and released club accounts which showed club debt at March 2004 at £29.6 million.[21] Effectively, this was the start of the end of the Hammam era at Cardiff City, as he could not fund the required development.

After a summer sale of players, the entry of former Leeds United chairman Peter Ridsdale and numerous rumours, the development was given a 90 day time period by Cardiff Council from 31 December 2005 to finalise the underlying business plan.[22] On 31 January 2006 the developers secured Asda as the lead retailer of the new development, which enabled the final funding of the stadium to start.[23] This allowed the council timetable to extend by four months to September 2006.[24]

On 24 October 2006 Laing O'Rouke won the contract to develop the 30,000 seat stadium, which Ridsdale stated would be ready for December 2008.[25] On 27 November 2006 Cardiff Council approved the business plan for the stadium, and granted a 125 year lease for the land on which the stadium was to sit upon, allowing the final planning approval to be gained from the council authority and the office of the Deputy Prime Minister.[26]

In March 2007, the stadium plans were altered to allow construction to begin as soon as possible. To minimise construction costs, the 30,000 capacity was reduced to 25,000 by removing three-quarters of the second tier of seating, however the plans allow the option of completing the second tier to reach the 30,000 capacity if required.[27] The former chairman of Cardiff City, Steve Borley, said in March 2008 that "We are working to raise the capacity and right now it stands at 26,830. The task is to raise that even further, and we believe it could be almost 28,000 when the stadium opens."[28]

When work finally commenced Peter Ridsdale stated that he expected the stadium to be ready by Christmas 2008 but it was finally completed in May 2009. Although some believe this slight delay was caused by Cardiff City's ongoing legal action with Langston, it was actually caused by unexpectedly poor weather during the summer of 2007.[29]

I'm not sure GF has any power but can obviously express a wish. I'm not sure if he's being anti AV here or he/the council are just fed up of the issue and want it resolved one way or another.

If it falls back to Oct 2013 that surely must mean a renewal of all planning applications no?

No surprises NIMBY 24/7 is full of its usual bile. It's time someone investigated how they get all the stories first. Clearly an inside job at the council.

I'm not sure GF has any power but can obviously express a wish. I'm not sure if he's being anti AV here or he/the council are just fed up of the issue and want it resolved one way or another.

If it falls back to Oct 2013 that surely must mean a renewal of all planning applications no?

Well let's put it this way, if he has political ambitions or fancies a 2nd term, publicly going against this in any way shape or form would be IMO political suicide, given that it is along with the gas just about all Bristol has too look forward in the way of improved facilities and much needed employment, but on the other hand this is Ferguson we are talking about here.

Well let's put it this way, if he has political ambitions or fancies a 2nd term, publicly going against this in any way shape or form would be IMO political suicide, given that it is along with the gas just about all Bristol has too look forward in the way of improved facilities and much needed employment, but on the other hand this Ferguson we are talking about here.

I would see the delay as an advantage to someone against the stadium/supermarket as would result in planning renewals. So to say earlier doesn't necessarily mean he's trying to finish it off once and for all. Doubt many will agree with me but hey ho.

Archived