IGNORED

No Ashton Vale Hearing Untill Oct 2013!

Barrs Court Red

We want a full blown enquiry the nimbys don't,

We won this as its now going to be a full equiry we are also seeking in the High Court to over turn the orignal ruling for the TVG and the split we want the whole area reliesed for devlopment,

Its taking longer but the nimbys could lose everything and face rather large legal bill (paid by the bristol Tax Payer) also do the have the resources to fight this in full? we have

Agree Monkeh, I think this looks pretty good for us if we are taking it to a "full enquiry".

Wonder what our Ace is though?

no idea but I bet its pretty convincing and frankly I don't want the club to leak anything on this so they can suprise and blow the nimbys out of the water when the time is right

Hmm looking at the Defra site it has the following:

The new approach will prevent TVG applications when an application for planning permission has been made or granted, and when land has been allocated for development by the local authority.

There are already well over 4,000 existing TVGs and they will retain full protection. TVGs can continue to be registered where no development is either proposed or the subject of ongoing community consultation.

Under the plans, private landowners who wish to allow some public use of their land will now be able to do so without jeopardising its value or future development potential. Currently, if a landowner does not challenge public use of his or her land for a period of twenty years, any future use for business, farming or development use may be ruled out by a TVG registration.

Financial savings from the changes are likely to run to many millions in the short term, and significantly more in the longer term. This includes savings to local authorities, developers and landowners through cuts to legal fees, public enquiry costs and costs resulting from devaluation of land and delays.

Longer term financial benefits will arise from increased certainty around how local land will be used, social improvements and economic growth from jobs and development.

The reforms to the legislation are expected to come into force by summer 2013.

Not sure if the new law would be applied to existing cases already in progress.

Hmm looking at the Defra site it has the following:

The new approach will prevent TVG applications when an application for planning permission has been made or granted, and when land has been allocated for development by the local authority.

There are already well over 4,000 existing TVGs and they will retain full protection. TVGs can continue to be registered where no development is either proposed or the subject of ongoing community consultation.

Under the plans, private landowners who wish to allow some public use of their land will now be able to do so without jeopardising its value or future development potential. Currently, if a landowner does not challenge public use of his or her land for a period of twenty years, any future use for business, farming or development use may be ruled out by a TVG registration.

Financial savings from the changes are likely to run to many millions in the short term, and significantly more in the longer term. This includes savings to local authorities, developers and landowners through cuts to legal fees, public enquiry costs and costs resulting from devaluation of land and delays.

Longer term financial benefits will arise from increased certainty around how local land will be used, social improvements and economic growth from jobs and development.

The reforms to the legislation are expected to come into force by summer 2013.

Not sure if the new law would be applied to existing cases already in progress.

an exsisting TVG isn't in place yet

It won't "go to whitehall", there's no process for that to happen.

It seems deliberate on our part, which is positive. I suspect that the impending legislation as mentioned might be a reason for that.

It would be interesting to know whether the inquiry will use the new legislation. I suspect it will have to.

its the result we as the land owner wanted

Not disagreeing that, I said yesterday that Ross Crail would probably favour a new review, I mean why wouldnt she? Another pay-day! plus as we no nothing is ever sorted out quickly in this country.

Looks positive, I assume the reason behind wanting a delay must be the proposed change in legislation.

I do not see the usual snide comments from Nimbys on Bristol 247, which can only be good news. They are usually crying victory at every given opportunity, so maybe they have realised the game could be up who knows.

Wonder if they decide to compromise after all as this would be the most sensible option for everyone with an ounce of sense. I have the feeling that those behind the TVG application couldnt honestly give two hoots about the land. They simply like to gain self importance by causing such disputes, so I suspect they would prefer to drag things on for years and lose, rather than except a very fair compromise.

We want a full blown enquiry the nimbys don't,

We won this as its now going to be a full equiry we are also seeking in the High Court to over turn the orignal ruling for the TVG and the split we want the whole area reliesed for devlopment,

Its taking longer but the nimbys could lose everything and face rather large legal bill (paid by the bristol Tax Payer) also do the have the resources to fight this in full? we have

Our record at High Court isn't good, the NIMBYs seem to have friends in VERY high places. I mean we get given a judge in our case that actually made the precident to replace an applicant......why were we given that particular judge?.

Whitehall did get involed in Falmer but it took a long time and a lot of lobbying from everyone connect with BHA.

Our only hope is that the new legislation can be used at the new enquiry.

BCAGFC

Our record at High Court isn't good, the NIMBYs seem to have friends in VERY high places. I mean we get given a judge in our case that actually made the precident to replace an applicant......why were we given that particular judge?.

Whitehall did get involed in Falmer but it took a long time and a lot of lobbying from everyone connect with BHA.

Our only hope is that the new legislation can be used at the new enquiry.

BCAGFC

thats because there was precidence for him to grant that, the council cocked up through no fault of the clubs and it wasn't us fighting that case it was the council that have a poor history,

This is now us fighting with Lansdown millions behind it, not the council and the tax payers money

Archived