IGNORED

No Ashton Vale Hearing Untill Oct 2013!

Barrs Court Red

Could be a tactical move to say to the Nimby's that we are prepared to take it this far, forcing their hand due to the cost to themselves in legal fee's etc.

Don't know just speculating.

That was my initial feeling... Surely this will strain the nimbys now cos they know that the costs of this will go through the roof for them,

That was my initial feeling... Surely this will strain the nimbys now cos they know that the costs of this will go through the roof for them,

Its not their money they are using. Council covers the enquiry costs, then they use the "no win, no fee" solicitors or find some poor sod who can qualify for legall aid to use as their puppet to cover any court costs they might incure.

If they had to put their own money on the line then none of this would ever of happened.

One day in the future when im stood in the Landsdown end of our new stadium, this will all seem a distant memory. The wheels turn slow, but they do turn and i reckon they are surely now turning in our favor. The only thing slowing them down are the constant spanners being flung by the NIMBYs, thats been their mission from day 1.

Its not their money they are using. Council covers the enquiry costs, then they use the "no win, no fee" solicitors or find some poor sod who can qualify for legall aid to use as their puppet to cover any court costs they might incure.

If they had to put their own money on the line then none of this would ever of happened.

Sorry thats what I ment.

Bristolians (regardless of what team they support) are already annoyed at how much all this is costing the taxpayers, so the fact that its going to be extended for a further year will put pressure on the nimbys to stop IMO.

They will certainly have more pressure to stop than we will.

Nimbys now claiming that the Southern Section has already been registered as a Village Green & can now never be built on. Can anyone clarify the situation with this?

it hasn't it was never signed or sealed as they went to JR which put the whole thing back on the cards,

None of it was registered I believe, because the nimbys said the council used the wrong map

They are claiming this because they are worried about losing the lot

Jesus advice from one of the many who bent over and took it up the Gary Glitter and sold his soul to the Malaysians, one of the red bluebirds, thanks for that.

I don't like Bristol City, but seriously..you got planning permission in 2009..started talking about the new stadium a couple years before that...you now have a years delay before some meeting or whatever..then probably some more delays, followed by more challenges, followed by a construction period.

In that time you've gone from play off finalists and championship big boys to relegation fodder.

Seriously, why not work on plan B...extending that main stand of yours or something. Give yourselves some momentum..this stadium wait is dragging your club down.

championship big boys

Bloody hell, i must of missed that. We know what we are.

With regards to the stadium, it may read like that to an outsider, but essentially a group of NIMBYs have done everything in their power to stop this from happening. Was there any such problems with your new yard?

This sounds very positive to me rather than a farce.

Delaying for the right reasons which is to get the whole 42 acres as a building plot, part of which will be the stadium and another part an arena - with housing and retail as well of course.

I think we are all pissing in the wind desperately looking for positives which arent there.

Do yourselves a favour and renovate Ashton Gate.

Cardiff, there was an original plan to rebuild 3 of the stands at the Gate one at a time, although this would be more expensive than Ashton Vale. Clearly if the club knew how much hassle the whole scheme would be they might have though differently.

From where we are now the owner has 3 choices

1) Abandon the stadium and let the Nimbys have their village green.

2) Abandon the stadium and keep fighting the village green for the land

3) Keep fighting for the stadium

No 1. sticks in the craw. Would you let someone steal the land you had paid for?

No 2. is kind of pointless as if you win the case what will you do the land (not sure you could build houses there)?

So No. 3 keep fighting until it reaches a point where the lawyers say there is no chance of success.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...ristol-20529011

The newly-elected Bristol mayor has called for a second public inquiry into Bristol City's new stadium to be brought forward.

George Ferguson made the call after lawyers for both town green campaigners and the Ashton Vale landowners decided the earliest date was October 2013.

The mayor had therefore called on all parties "to come back before the end of this week with fresh proposals to ensure that the inquiry is instead completed early in the New Year", he added.

The newly-elected Bristol mayor has called for a second public inquiry into Bristol City's new stadium to be brought forward.

George Ferguson made the call after lawyers for both town green campaigners and the Ashton Vale landowners decided the earliest date was October 2013.

The mayor had therefore called on all parties "to come back before the end of this week with fresh proposals to ensure that the inquiry is instead completed early in the New Year", he added.

Sums up where his allegiance is. Not sure he's got that kind of power though really.

I have a £92 million dollar question:

Suppose the high court rules in the landowners favour. The European Court of Human Hypocricy will come down on us like a ****ing anvil wont they??

With a bit of luck we'll be without that in Oct 2013 as well.

The tories in my opinion are trying their hardest to remove the red tape and get this country moving - despite upsetting a lot of their NIMBY electorate in the process. I know where my vote is going in 2014.

Sums up where his allegiance is. Not sure he's got that kind of power though really.

I have a £92 million dollar question:

Suppose the high court rules in the landowners favour. The European Court of Human Hypocricy will come down on us like a ****ing anvil wont they??

With a bit of luck we'll be without that in Oct 2013 as well.

The tories in my opinion are trying their hardest to remove the red tape and get this country moving - despite upsetting a lot of their NIMBY electorate in the process. I know where my vote is going in 2014.

The European Court (and the ECHR - a seperate body that has nothing to do with the EU) have no juristiction over planning disputes.

Bollocks to that.

He must know that the Numpties have a better chance of getting their way with an early inquiry where as the longer it goes on it will suit the land owners and Bristol City FC

Might not be a planning dispute?

I think the next stage, RB, whenever it takes place, will be the end game - one way or another. A lot of strange things are written into the European Convention on Human Rights but the right to take your dog for a shiit on a former landfill site ain't one of them!

Archived