IGNORED

Which Makes A Better Atmosphere?

Welcome To The Jungle

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The thing with the EE is the low roof provides better accoustics. If that stand was all home fans and the away fans took, say, half the Williams, you'd only hear reds on match days.

It won't happen of course, but just sayin'....

Those us in the Dolman further away from the EE can't hear noise from there. It disapates into the air before it reaches us. Only occaisionally with the wind in the right direction do we hear anything from the EE. Therefore having the Atyeo filled with EE enthusiasts would be the better option imo.

Those us in the Dolman further away from the EE can't hear noise from there. It disapates into the air before it reaches us. Only occaisionally with the wind in the right direction do we hear anything from the EE. Therefore having the Atyeo filled with EE enthusiasts would be the better option imo.

Check thee lugholes, mi babber! I'm in Block D Dolman and I can hear them quite clearly. I can also hear the away fans - usually - despite the fact they are even further from me.

What I don't understand is that where ever I've stood or sat over the years,the enclosuer,the park end,the atyeo and B block dolman,I could always here the EE(when we were in their),it seems strange that people can no longer hear us.Could it be that we are the wrong side of the EE and would be better heared if we changed sides?.

should have had another option - move the away fans to the ateyo and give the east end back to the home fans. Best atmospheres i have experienced at the gate all involved an east end full of reds

Agreed, and get rid of the seats, imagine 8,000 in that end all singing together, awsome, like it used to be ( ok, i know it was probs only the centre of the EE that sang all the time, but the rest sometimes joined in if we were winning 6-0 )... :ill:

Agreed, and get rid of the seats, imagine 8,000 in that end all singing together, awsome, like it used to be ( ok, i know it was probs only the centre of the EE that sang all the time, but the rest sometimes joined in if we were winning 6-0 )... :ill:

8000? You are very optimistic if you think you'd get that many City fans in the EE.

Over the years following city away the best home atmosphere's I have come across have all had fans closest to away fans. AG, The Den, City ground, Ninian Park are the grounds that stick out. All had fans next to away - Ninian being a similar set up to ours.

What's to say you can't have both? Home end behind the goal and away fans in a side stand next to home fans???

Unless hard of hearing this must be a dig at Eastenders attempts?? You're not the only one to have said EE can't be heard from Dolman however so I believed you. Was in B Block Dolman (A block side) against Blackpool and could hear the EE clear as day.... I appreciate in blocks F, G it is not heard due to stand divide (although still sceptical about even this) but EE can clearly be heard from Dolman block A!!

Over the years following city away the best home atmosphere's I have come across have all had fans closest to away fans. AG, The Den, City ground, Ninian Park are the grounds that stick out. All had fans next to away - Ninian being a similar set up to ours.

What's to say you can't have both? Home end behind the goal and away fans in a side stand next to home fans???

And the best atmospheres have always been when its a bit edgy, like it or not a hostile atmosphere makes for a better atmosphere.

Exactly, Ninnion 2001 was quality!! Must have been 3 full trains in that pub before the game!!

WIsh I knew what you were talking about as I wasn't there. That was the 3-1 play off win though yeh? Watched that video several times, the city fans celebrations made me hairs stand on edge, great shame I missed that un. Went in 2007 though when we lost 2-1, by far my favourite ground. Hate Cardiff (obviously) but such a priviledge to have experienced Ninian.

At this point I must confess that in terms of games attended I probably fit in to the 'casual' fans category as I live elsewhere in the country now and only get to a handful of games a season. I'm intrigued though; when I had a season ticket, Atyeo block H was probably the loudest part of the stadium aside from the East End. I've always wondered what went wrong as ever since, whenever I've attended games, the atmosphere has been spectacularly shite. Can anyone shed some light?

Archived