IGNORED

Agents.....

BS4 on Tour...

Just read that Man City have given over £10 million to agents over the last 12 months and Liverpool have paid out £8 million and QPR over £6 million.

Unbelievable figures! I know i'm probably being naive but how do these agents earn their money, what do they actually do to deserve taking £10 million out of a club in these difficult times??

Just read that Man City have given over £10 million to agents over the last 12 months and Liverpool have paid out £8 million and QPR over £6 million.

Unbelievable figures! I know i'm probably being naive but how do these agents earn their money, what do they actually do to deserve taking £10 million out of a club in these difficult times??

Have Liverpool even paid 8 million on players in the last yea!?

Negotiate contract terms on behalf of the player...apparantly.

Exactly! So why do they pay so much to agents??

Agents will pretty much be available to their client 24/7 they are used for contract negotiation, things like purchasing houses, booking thing, even bloody shopping! Depends what you sign them up to do. Basically the a negotiating, buying, booking, media and telephone service.

Now players could, if they could be arsed. Do all this themselves, but they don't. So, imagine how many players there are, that can't be arsed. At a guess say each agent has 20 players, all of which want his undivided attention. Then you can start to see, although, seen as parasites, bleeding football dry, they do work pretty hard. At the end of the day, the clubs don't have to pay them.

If all clubs agreed not to use agents, the only money they would be getting would be from the players, their percentage would go up. This is the way it should be. If players are too thick or lazy to carry out their own negotiations, buying booking etc etc, then they should pay, not the clubs.

Trouble is the clubs are just as greedy, so go along with it. They all deserve one another.

Agents do a lot of work, and work long hours. So fair play to them, the just hook into the power and greed. The problem is with the clubs and players, not the agents.

Agents will pretty much be available to their client 24/7 they are used for contract negotiation, things like purchasing houses, booking thing, even bloody shopping! Depends what you sign them up to do. Basically the a negotiating, buying, booking, media and telephone service.

Now players could, if they could be arsed. Do all this themselves, but they don't. So, imagine how many players there are, that can't be arsed. At a guess say each agent has 20 players, all of which want his undivided attention. Then you can start to see, although, seen as parasites, bleeding football dry, they do work pretty hard. At the end of the day, the clubs don't have to pay them.

If all clubs agreed not to use agents, the only money they would be getting would be from the players, their percentage would go up. This is the way it should be. If players are too thick or lazy to carry out their own negotiations, buying booking etc etc, then they should pay, not the clubs.

Trouble is the clubs are just as greedy, so go along with it. They all deserve one another.

Agents do a lot of work, and work long hours. So fair play to them, the just hook into the power and greed. The problem is with the clubs and players, not the agents.

this sort of work?

The agent takes the call from the thick as s**t footballer complaining that a light bulb has gone in his 8 bedroom mansion and then makes a call to an electrician to go and fix it. He charges the player £1000, pays the electrician £100 and keeps £900 for himself. I bet you this sort of thing goes on daily. It is in the agent's interest to keep the footballer in his cocoon.

this sort of work?

The agent takes the call from the thick as s**t footballer complaining that a light bulb has gone in his 8 bedroom mansion and then makes a call to an electrician to go and fix it. He charges the player £1000, pays the electrician £100 and keeps £900 for himself. I bet you this sort of thing goes on daily. It is in the agent's interest to keep the footballer in his cocoon.

Yep, sometimes.

I could tell you some stories. A relative of mine worked for a agency in Manchester, and looked after Rooney, while at Everton, dealt with his transfer to Man yoo, and looked after him for about 3 years. He also looked after clients all over Europe. He used to, if lucky, get 2 or 3 hours sleep. Got good wedge of cash for it though. He got out of it about 2 years ago. He said he missed the money, but not the complete lack of time for him, his family and friends.

To me it sounded a pretty hectic job, with a massive amount of travelling.

His words. Great money, shit life.

Yep, sometimes.

I could tell you some stories. A relative of mine worked for a agency in Manchester, and looked after Rooney, while at Everton, dealt with his transfer to Man yoo, and looked after him for about 3 years. He also looked after clients all over Europe. He used to, if lucky, get 2 or 3 hours sleep. Got good wedge of cash for it though. He got out of it about 2 years ago. He said he missed the money, but not the complete lack of time for him, his family and friends.

To me it sounded a pretty hectic job, with a massive amount of travelling.

His words. Great money, shit life.

Paul Stretford?

Yep, because most footballers are so dull, they are incapable of negotiating for themselves, changing light bulbs, getting insurance for their cars etc, etc

Archived