IGNORED

The Damage Was Done In The Summer

Esmond Million's Bung

Marc Wilson was never needed, we had Joe Edwards as back up.

Carey given 12 months contract was unnecessary.

Anderson and Morris signings a complete mystery why these 2 have been signed at all.

Not trying to give Bolaise some sort of assurances was a big mistake.

The manager should have been wheeling and dealing in the summer trying to move on players like Pitman, Woolford and Killkenny and bringing in much needed midfielders to compliment the 2 strikers he signed.

He then made matters worse by allowing a reasonable start to the season to descend into chaos before signing a defender and further he brought in Elokobi and Briggs when he already had Bryan as back up and Nyatanga or Fontaine as dire emergency back up to Bryan.

All the above wasted money and possible opportunities are the reason we are in the shit.

Anderson and Morris signings a complete mystery why these 2 have been signed at all.

The manager should have been wheeling and dealing in the summer trying to move on players like Pitman, Woolford and Killkenny and bringing in much needed midfielders to compliment the 2 strikers he signed.

He then made matters worse by allowing a reasonable start to the season to descend into chaos before signing a defender and further he brought in Elokobi and Briggs when he already had Bryan as back up and Nyatanga or Fontaine as dire emergency back up to Bryan.

All the above wasted money and possible opportunities are the reason we are in the shit.

Absolutely spot on. I still can't believe the money he has wasted on players.....and the cherry on top the cake is this young kiddy from Liverpool....not even getting a game! What is the point? If he isn't ready to start....why get him in?

I can't believe our two best strikers are on the bench. He should have started building a team round these guys months ago but instead, he has persisted with the same loser-ish spine that we've had for the past few years. Carey, Fontaine, Elliott, Skuse when fit.....none good enough for this level.

He has ran out of ideas.....it's clear to see. I'm surprised...I really thought we had an intelligent manager here, how wrong I was.

The bloke is clueless and has to go asap

I'm just pointing out the fact that everyone on here agreed letting him go was the right choice.

Everyone agreed McManus was a good signing.

And everyone on here thinks Davies should be the first name on the team sheet. But with the hindsight of 30 games without a goal he'll feel our wrath too.

We can't dwell on the Bolasie sale. That was 100% the correct decision at that time.

And you realised this at the time? Hindsight is wonderful.

By all means bring up posts from people like myself in the summer.....a lot of us said then certain areas needed improving. Its not hindsight.....we just had our rose tinted specs off and could see that the "heroes" that kept us up by the skin of our teeth last year....needed replacing

But if he needed hindsight to tell him his midfield was probably the worst in this clubs history, he is clearly in the wrong job.

Indeed, the midfield has been relatively crap for years now. 10,000+ posts on here about the inadequecies of our midfield - especially the central midfield - over the past few seasons can't be wrong!

I'm just pointing out the fact that everyone on here agreed letting him go was the right choice.

Everyone agreed McManus was a good signing.

And everyone on here thinks Davies should be the first name on the team sheet. But with the hindsight of 30 games without a goal he'll feel our wrath too.

We can't dwell on the Bolasie sale. That was 100% the correct decision at that time.

Mate did you honestly believe that before the season started our midfield would be anywhere good enough?, they are not good enough for league 1 and he actually believes he can magically turn Skuse and Elliott from a serially piss poor midfield pairing with nearly 5 years of failure on their cv's into a fully functioning competent unit and believe me Danns is only a stop gap until Skuse returns with his mate Elliott for more comedy capers.

Mate did you honestly believe that before the season started our midfield would be anywhere good enough?, they are not good enough for league 1 and he actually believes he can magically turn Skuse and Elliott from a serially piss poor midfield pairing with nearly 5 years of failure on their cv's into a fully functioning competent unit and believe me Danns is only a stop gap until Skuse returns with his mate Elliott for more comedy capers.

When Woolford was scoring for fun and we spanked Cardiff and Palace? Yeh. I thought so.

When Woolford was scoring for fun and we spanked Cardiff and Palace? Yeh. I thought so.

That is very scant evidence given the past 5 years and scoring for fun 3 goals FFS, Woolford is player who probably had 4 good games in all his time with us, people mention the 2 games you did and maybe a couple of other games and then?.

That is very scant evidence given the past 5 years and scoring for fun 3 goals FFS, Woolford is player who probably had 4 good games in all his time with us, people mention the 2 games you did and maybe a couple of other games and then?.

Much agreed there are some unfortunate short minded people on here. Last year when Clarkson had about 2/3 good games in a row people were calling for him to have his contract extended. Look where he is now.

Woolfoord is poor, has always been so for us and needs moving on.

Why the likes of Skuse & Elliot are still at this club I have no idea. Anyone who belives they are good players has no idea about Bristol City FC and what is to be expected of the Championship. Skuse has been and always will be a League 2 player. We were warned by Millwall fans that Elliot would have only one good season, which they were right. Elliot struggled with Millwall in League 1.

Most of our squads ability is of a league 1/2 standard. Unfortunately I think we will pay the price this year for past mistakes made by SL and the board.

And you realised this at the time? Hindsight is wonderful.

Actually YES.

I've posted this previously, Bolasie should have started in front of Adomah at the start of the season BASED PURELY ON CURRENT FORM at the time.

So to see Anderson come in must have been the final kick in the teeth for Yannick.

will

So a big well done to DMC for selling on one of our better players and replacing him with someone who is clearly not fit and lacking in confidence

Ok most did.

Not entirely sure of that one Fordy. He was average both last and this season. We lucked out with Bikey because he went back. Many here were not impressed with his re-signing.

I would worry if this is the type of player Del has been waiting for!

Yes there have been some poor decisions, but also some good ones. Derek has signed some good forwards, Heaton is superb keeper and Cunningham is an excellent left back. But bringing in Morris was ridiculous, extending Louis' contract was purely nostalgic, bringing in Wilson was a mistake and not strengthening the centre backs and midfield was criminal. Also signing Anderson yet not playing him continues to be strange. I would have shipped out several other players including Kilkenny and Woolford who are reportedly on big wages.

Of course we don't know what really went on and who Derek tried to sign and tried to sell. It's easy for us to do it in fantasy football, but not so easy in real life. It is well documented that we tried to sign a centre back, but it does seem a real concern that Derek has never really mentioned concerns about midfield, yet most fans are very concerned about our shortcomings here. Del seems to love Skuse.....I wonder how many championship teams would start him?

Mixed report for me in terms of signings, but overall he must be judged by results and performances and both have been truely appalling!

Yes there have been some poor decisions, but also some good ones. Derek has signed some good forwards, Heaton is superb keeper and Cunningham is an excellent left back. But bringing in Morris was ridiculous, extending Louis' contract was purely nostalgic, bringing in Wilson was a mistake and not strengthening the centre backs and midfield was criminal. Also signing Anderson yet not playing him continues to be strange. I would have shipped out several other players including Kilkenny and Woolford who are reportedly on big wages.

Of course we don't know what really went on and who Derek tried to sign and tried to sell. It's easy for us to do it in fantasy football, but not so easy in real life. It is well documented that we tried to sign a centre back, but it does seem a real concern that Derek has never really mentioned concerns about midfield, yet most fans are very concerned about our shortcomings here. Del seems to love Skuse.....I wonder how many championship teams would start him?

Mixed report for me in terms of signings, but overall he must be judged by results and performances and both have been truely appalling!

Forwards are great, shame they can't play because he didn't sign players in the most needed positions

Mate you have shot yourself in the foot, why sign two expensive and well paid strikers and then leave them on the bench, well I know why because we haven't got the midfield to cope with 2 upfront and haven't done for 5 years, so signing the two strikers probably wasn't so clever in reality.

and what is more important these two strikers must be feeling, WTF have we landed ourselves in here?, a club who regularly **** up goal scoring strikers.

Mate you have shot yourself in the foot, why sign two expensive and well paid strikers and then leave them on the bench, well I know why because we haven't got the midfield to cope with 2 upfront and haven't done for 5 years, so signing the two strikers probably wasn't so clever in reality.

and what is more important these two strikers must be feeling, WTF have we landed ourselves in here?, a club who regularly **** up goal scoring strikers.

I don't think I have shot myself in the foot by mentioning that we have signed some good forwards. Especially as I have also clearly highlighted concerns about our midfield. The post was about summer transfers. You are right selection has also been a concern...something I also mentioned, although not the original topic.

I agree with many that McInnes has made numerous mistakes, but we should also have a balanced view when slagging off his transfers. Selection and tactics are also up for debate, but regarding transfers he has also had some success. I also stand by my point that we don't know what positions he tried to recruit for unsuccessfully either due to financial constraints or the fact that frankly we aren't that attractive a proposition for many players.

We were awful today and are in terrible shape, but we can't just implode and say our Manager is a total idiot; there needs to be some balance.

We will agree to disagree, I am not disagreeing with the quality of these 2 strikers, I see that of course I do. But now DMC is saying we cannot play with 2 up front, so why waste the money and then turning them into worthless (in monetary terms) bench warmers, it dosen't make sense, surely the thought that our midfield was about as much use as tits on a hog passed through his mind or is it that particular epiphany only just happened?.

We will agree to disagree, I am not disagreeing with the quality of these 2 strikers, I see that of course I do. But now DMC is saying we cannot play with 2 up front, so why waste the money and then turning them into worthless (in monetary terms) bench warmers, it dosen't make sense, surely the thought that our midfield was about as much use as tits on a hog passed through his mind or is it that particular epiphany only just happened?.

Makes it even worse that he doesn't even start 1 of them. Surely bad judgement, or bloody expensive subs

Yes a sad waste of resources that the owner has to underpin!

We now know McInness is McAnus, luckily for him giving him the ability to insult us every Saturday between 3 and 6 with total crap on and off the field!!

I just read a post that mentioned constructive criticism (as if anyone at the club takes any notice of postings on here), so here is my constructive criticism...

McInnes needs to resign or be fired tomorrow. The rest of his cronies at the club, if they had any shame, will **** off with him and then perhaps we can start being constructive again. Before anyone says we cant do that until we have a succesor, just think, we were 4-0 down to the one team with worse current form than us at HT....do you really think anyone will make this worse?

In short **** off McInnes and all who sail with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marc Wilson still baffles me. He obviously was a good player back in the day but although at times steady defensively his all round game is woeful.

Worryingly he was not needed, we had Foster and Edwards that could cover that position. Now I don't rate Foster at all, he is very poor but for me he is better than Marc Wilson.

Why sign a player for 5 months you don't need? I wouldn't mind as much if he was class but the way Del talked about him in the summer made out we were signing Dani Alves.

Nail on the head, I've read some really good posts tonight!!

Archived