IGNORED

The Damage Was Done In The Summer

Esmond Million's Bung

But Tone what sought of a contract? A good one? One that made him want to stay?

Oxo as I said earlier people remember the good games mainly during our run in, but Cisse was also involved in an awful lot of terrible performances, where we were being taken apart down the middle like we are now, I don't think he would made any difference, because his outlets would still have been Skuse or Elliott.

Actually YES.

I've posted this previously, Bolasie should have started in front of Adomah at the start of the season BASED PURELY ON CURRENT FORM at the time.

So to see Anderson come in must have been the final kick in the teeth for Yannick.

will

So a big well done to DMC for selling on one of our better players and replacing him with someone who is clearly not fit and lacking in confidence

How can you say this, we've only seen him play for about 30 minutes all season.

Please please please will people stop banging on about Cisse. We offered him a contract that he refused FFS

Cisse is the best footballer to play for City in the last five years.

Perhaps McInnes could have used some of the money on the players he bought in, but now doesn't even put on the subs bench,to offer Cisse a contract he needed?

How can you say this, we've only seen him play for about 30 minutes all season.

and why? that is the million dollar question.

My information is that this wasn't a signing on a whim, DMC tracked and courted Anderson over a long period over the summer, it was quite a tense negotiation and Anderson was not short of alternatives.

Cisse is the best footballer to play for City in the last five years.

Perhaps McInnes could have used some of the money on the players he bought in, but now doesn't even put on the subs bench,to offer Cisse a contract he needed?

Slight exaggeration don't you think?

Do you mean in terms of passing, or the best actual player we have had over the last 5 years?

Do you mean in terms of passing, or the best actual player we have had over the last 5 years?

All depends on what you class as best. Cisse was good at the dirty stuff, great at it even. Best player? I like you am unsure, I prefer some one who has the skill to be productive over destructive

All depends on what you class as best. Cisse was good at the dirty stuff, great at it even. Best player? I like you am unsure, I prefer some one who has the skill to be productive over destructive

Yeah true, I always rated Cisse highly. But I wouldn't say he was the best player or even footballer we have had over the last 5 years.

and why? that is the million dollar question.

My information is that this wasn't a signing on a whim, DMC tracked and courted Anderson over a long period over the summer, it was quite a tense negotiation and Anderson was not short of alternatives.

When Andersons interview was aired before the forest game he said that the main reason for joining us was that McInnes showed the keenest interest in him and that he was phoning him 2 or 3 times a day to ask how he and his family were, he actually agreed with the reporter that it was like being stalked.

The whole episode is very very strange and unacceptable, especially with no reasons being given from McInnes for his constant lack of game time.

I mean "best actual player"! If I was playing in a team, Cisse would be my second choice on the team sheet, every time. I can't think of any other City player like that.

Who do you think was better?

When Andersons interview was aired before the forest game he said that the main reason for joining us was that McInnes showed the keenest interest in him and that he was phoning him 2 or 3 times a day to ask how he and his family were, he actually agreed with the reporter that it was like being stalked.

The whole episode is very very strange and unacceptable, especially with no reasons being given from McInnes for his constant lack of game time.

The longer he stays in a job....the more and more he reminds me of Gary Johnson towards the end.

He's stubborn, has his favorites, wasting shed loads of money on crap loan players and has no idea how to set up a team tactically. Johnson completely ran out of ideas....Del, well...has he ever had an idea?

The bloke seems like one of these that, if your face doesn't fit, you get froze out.

He is completely incompetent and if this club wants any chance of surviving....they have to get rid now

The thread is entitled "damage was done in the summer".

I would like to suggest that the damage is sourced over many years.

Let's go back to before McInnes took over.

GK. David James - We had an ageing goalkeeper being supplemented a huge unnecessary wage. We needed a replacement in this position and Heaton is a perfectly decent keeper for this level of football.

RB. Jordan Spence - We had a young inexperienced right back who was not actually very good and wasn't actually our player. We needed a new player (and back-up) in this position and Foster and M.Wilson are decent enough at this level of football.

Oh - we also had Nicky Hunt (let's not forget).

LB. Jamie McCallister - We had an ageing full back and no back up. Cunningham was signed permanently whilst numerous loans have been brought in to cover his injury as we have no other 'competent' LB at the club. And don't anyone tell me that Joe Bryan is a 'competent' LB.

CB. Liam Fontaine, Lewin Nyatanga, James Wilson, Damien Stewart, Louis Carey.

Blimey. Show me a more horrendous option at CB for a manager in this division!

Del has signed 5 CB's and has tried to sign at least 6 others. He knows this is a position of need.

LM. Martyn Woolford. Not exactly the best option for a new manager. So he brings in Pearson - a decent option at this level of football.

RM. The manager is blessed when he takes over a squad containing Adomah. Fearing he may leave in the summer he brings in Paul Anderson. Adomah stays leaving Anderson to fight it out for a left wing berth. And don't anyone give me the speil about Bolasie - time will show that this lad is not good enough inspite of recent form.

CM. Cole Skuse, Marvin Elliot, Neil Kilkenny, Kalifa Cisse, Lee Johnson. Is this seriously our Championship midfield that previous managers have put together.

Desperately in need of an upgrade. McInnes recognises this and brings in Pearson (ok not strictly a CM), and later Sean Davis and then Jody Morris.

Ok admittedly not Dels greatest accomplishment so far but an area he knows he must improve.

ST. Nicky Maynard, John Stead, Brett Pitman, Ryan Taylor.

Jeez! He takes on a strike force containing a want away, a tryer, a gifted but lazy goalscorer and an unproven non-prolific targetman.

I for one do not blame the manager for bringing in Davies and Baldock - 2 players who have scored at this level for their previous clubs.

So in summary let's not be too hasty to blame the current manager and his summer recruits. Before McInnes we had a 442 team of :

James, Hunt, McAllister, Fontaine, Carey, Adomah, Woolford, Cisse, Elliot, Stead, Pitman.

Now we potentially have a 442 of :

Heaton, Foster, Cunningham, Bates, DWilson, Adomah, Pearson, Elliot, Danns, Davies, Baldock.

For me, all Del needs to do is urgently improve the midfield area and permanently improve the centre back area.

The damage was not done in the summer. It was done by our failure to improve CB and CM over the last 5 years. So give the bloke a chance to improve these CRUCIAL positions. One year is not long enough for anyone to turn around where we were. Short memories some people.

I know it ain't great right now but lets not forget what a crock of crump Del took over.

Oxo as I said earlier people remember the good games mainly during our run in, but Cisse was also involved in an awful lot of terrible performances, where we were being taken apart down the middle like we are now, I don't think he would made any difference, because his outlets would still have been Skuse or Elliott.

Es

Exactly. So we bought Jodie Morris, who can't get near the first team. Cissee would have been a real asset as he did have the ability to break up play

We have the same middle as we did last season with Cissee's exception Elliot Skuse Kilkenny Adomah and Pearson, we both know that midfield is better with Cissee in it. Danns helps but yet another mid season panic loan.

All a bit accademic now. The facts are we are worse off in the middle than we ever were and if Danns goes back (why would he stay) we'll be in the poop!

It's a joke! There were players available but this tosser brings players in to give them a seat or worse fester in the stiffs and has the temerity to say I want to bring in the right players when he has done everything but!!

The words don't know what your doing have never been so apt. McInness is out of depth and out of ideas.

GK. David James - We had an ageing goalkeeper being supplemented a huge unnecessary wage. We needed a replacement in this position and Heaton is a perfectly decent keeper for this level of football.

RB. Jordan Spence - We had a young inexperienced right back who was not actually very good and wasn't actually our player. We needed a new player (and back-up) in this position and Foster and M.Wilson are decent enough at this level of football.

LB. Jamie McCallister - We had an ageing full back and no back up. Cunningham was signed permanently whilst numerous loans have been brought in to cover his injury as we have no other 'competent' LB at the club. And don't anyone tell me that Joe Bryan is a 'competent' LB.

Del has signed 5 CB's and has tried to sign at least 6 others. He knows this is a position of need.

LM. Martyn Woolford. Not exactly the best option for a new manager. So he brings in Pearson - a decent option at this level of football.

RM. The manager is blessed when he takes over a squad containing Adomah. Fearing he may leave in the summer he brings in Paul Anderson. Adomah stays leaving Anderson to fight it out for a left wing berth. And don't anyone give me the speil about Bolasie - time will show that this lad is not good enough inspite of recent form.

CM. Cole Skuse, Marvin Elliot, Neil Kilkenny, Kalifa Cisse, Lee Johnson. Is this seriously our Championship midfield that previous managers have put together.

Desperately in need of an upgrade. McInnes recognises this and brings in Pearson (ok not strictly a CM), and later Sean Davis and then Jody Morris.

Ok admittedly not Dels greatest accomplishment so far but an area he knows he must improve.

Jeez! He takes on a strike force containing a want away, a tryer, a gifted but lazy goalscorer and an unproven non-prolific targetman.

I for one do not blame the manager for bringing in Davies and Baldock - 2 players who have scored at this level for their previous clubs.

So in summary let's not be too hasty to blame the current manager and his summer recruits. Before McInnes we had a 442 team of :

James, Hunt, McAllister, Fontaine, Carey, Adomah, Woolford, Cisse, Elliot, Stead, Pitman.

Heaton, Foster, Cunningham, Bates, DWilson, Adomah, Pearson, Elliot, Danns, Davies, Baldock.

For me, all Del needs to do is urgently improve the midfield area and permanently improve the centre back area.

The damage was not done in the summer. It was done by our failure to improve CB and CM over the last 5 years. So give the bloke a chance to improve these CRUCIAL positions. One year is not long enough for anyone to turn around where we were. Short memories some people.

I know it ain't great right now but lets not forget what a crock of crump Del took over.

He was bought in to keep us up. That includes this season too!

He had money and was allowed to add to the squad and behold we start with a forward/midfield consisting of Millen purchases with the exception of Danns While his ******s sit on the bench.

Of the rest of the team JB and LF were at the club leaving a panic buy Foster who he had already brought in and Heaton the only summer strengthener deemed good enough to start

Wake up! This Guy has wasted our money and resources and can't work his own players into his own team. How pathetic is that!

of course you are correct, but my point is DMC furthered that damage during the summer and that is unforgivable in my book and his signings of Baldock, Davies and Anderson will be his undoing having 3 disgruntled senior players in your dressing room is usually the begging of the end.

You say all he needs to do is urgently improve midfield. Firstly I don't honestly believe that DMC sees it that way I really don't. The loan of Danns is a sticking plaster until dear old Cole 'Safe' Skuse returns to partner Elliott in our central midfield pairing that I believe DMC thinks is fit for purpose, David Blunketts dog could have told him what an inefficient pairing the 2 of them are after all we have 5 years worth of evidence.

I seem to recall at the end last season DMC told us he would not allow us to get into this position again and I further recall virtually every poster telling us about the unique opportunity that he had to get rid of much of the crump as you quite rightly called it and failed in that and then added more crump of his own and then 3 players that cannot play because the rest of the team are not good enough to accomodate them.

Archived