IGNORED

If Delboy Stays... Whats Going To Change?

Fuber

Cant help but think we really do need to do a Swansea atm, and get a proven (possibly foreign?) manager in, coaching staff etc.

The changes Dels implemented so far in terms of coaching (not counting the academy) are tbh woeful if that how the players perform in training as well as on the pitch. I found the following link so its not like changing the coaching setup would be too much of a hassle!

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/bristol-city/mitarbeiter/verein_698.html

I realise Kunle and a few are probs missing as ll, but we need a revamp in jan, even if its to prep for relegation ie selling players who want out.

I just think that if Del stays, we may just end up with more deadwood in the squad with the likes of Morris, Mark Wilson, Anderson, Elliott, Carey, James Wilson, Kilkenny, Woolford, Nyatanga... You know what? Screw this Im gunna be writing 80% of the squad down at this rate...

Everything that could go wrong has gone wrong Im aftaid, and relegation could be the only thing that could sort our mess of a club out.

I just think that if Del stays, we may just end up with more deadwood in the squad with the likes of Morris, Mark Wilson, Anderson, Elliott, Carey, James Wilson, Kilkenny, Woolford, Nyatanga... You know what? Screw this Im gunna be writing 80% of the squad down at this rate...

Everything that could go wrong has gone wrong Im aftaid, and relegation could be the only thing that could sort our mess of a club out.

Seems a bit harsh to put Anderson on the deadwood list. We don't really know what he can do yet. Which is maybe the problem.

Nothing will change because like your deadwood list, McInnes also constantly overlooks the main culprits in Fontaine, Foster and Skuse.

All managers have their favourites and McInnes is no different with his love in with Fontaine who lets face it has been in poor form for ages yet McInnes can't see past Liam's dreamy eyes.

Yesterday we had Danny Wilson on the bench who surely must be a better option that the struggling Fontaine.

As for Skuse - he would have made a significant difference yesterday but he'll probably off to Palace in the January window so you'll get your wish to see the back of one of our most relablel players.

All managers have their favourites and McInnes is no different with his love in with Fontaine who lets face it has been in poor form for ages yet McInnes can't see past Liam's dreamy eyes.

Yesterday we had Danny Wilson on the bench who surely must be a better option that the struggling Fontaine.

As for Skuse - he would have made a significant difference yesterday but he'll probably off to Palace in the January window so you'll get your wish to see the back of one of our most relablel players.

Err... i never said I wanted Skuse to go, i didnt consider him due to injury really but o well.

The formation and squad will carry on changing every week so as to inhibit any form of consistency.

The things which wont change will be the attitude of the players, the lack of defensive organisation, the way we fall apart after we let the first goal in, the lack of creativity from midfield....the list goes on

I've actually been a supporter of Del but yesterday was absolute dross

Cant help but think we really do need to do a Swansea atm, and get a proven (possibly foreign?) manager in, coaching staff etc.

g that could go wrong has gone wrong Im aftaid, and relegation could be the only thing that could sort our mess of a club out.

To me it's not about getting a proven manager or even the nationality of the manager but actually getting staff in behind the scenes so there's a consistent strategy and direction for the club and a clear plan and direction, regardless of managerial changes etc; I think what Swansea have done is adopt a football strategy and appoint managers who fit in with that strategy which ensures continuity. Look at West Brom - they've had Di Matteo, Hodgson and now Clarke but their most valuable asset ****il he goes at the end of the season) is undoubtedly Dan Ashworth.

I'm not going to argue McInnes should stay; he needs to prove that on the pitch and so far he certainly isn't but I do think sacking the manager and then appointing another one without addressing the bigger picture behind the scenes might lead to a short-term fix (as it did last year) but then'll just mean we wind up here again a year later. Until the club actually come up with a plan and a direction for its future and appoints people to stay consistent to that, to I think we're always going to struggle...

To me it's not about getting a proven manager or even the nationality of the manager but actually getting staff in behind the scenes so there's a consistent strategy and direction for the club and a clear plan and direction, regardless of managerial changes etc; I think what Swansea have done is adopt a football strategy and appoint managers who fit in with that strategy which ensures continuity. Look at West Brom - they've had Di Matteo, Hodgson and now Clarke but their most valuable asset ****il he goes at the end of the season) is undoubtedly Dan Ashworth.

I'm not going to argue McInnes should stay; he needs to prove that on the pitch and so far he certainly isn't but I do think sacking the manager and then appointing another one without addressing the bigger picture behind the scenes might lead to a short-term fix (as it did last year) but then'll just mean we wind up here again a year later. Until the club actually come up with a plan and a direction for its future and appoints people to stay consistent to that, to I think we're always going to struggle...

Great post mate. I agree with all of that.

Please can you explain how.

Skuse is shit, needs to move on!!

Excellent Post

McInnes does not have any idea of what system he wants to play, at no time has he developed a football philosophy.

Unlike Swansea who settled on a 4-2-3-1 system and buy players (and Managers) to match the system McInnes just amasses players with no clear idea what he wants them to do. He has focussed on the Defence and we have conceeded every single game!.

I believe we have the players, too many in fact, but we just dont have a plan.

I'm sorry he just has to go, we still have half a season for someone to turn things round.

Now is the time before January for a new person to come in.

Excellent Post

McInnes does not have any idea of what system he wants to play, at no time has he developed a football philosophy.

Unlike Swansea who settled on a 4-2-3-1 system and buy players (and Managers) to match the system McInnes just amasses players with no clear idea what he wants them to do. He has focussed on the Defence and we have conceeded every single game!.

I believe we have the players, too many in fact, but we just dont have a plan.

I'm sorry he just has to go, we still have half a season for someone to turn things round.

Now is the time before January for a new person to come in.

Agreed.

Archived