IGNORED

Didn't See It Coming...

Lew-T

"It was on the back of two decent away displays and I didn't see it coming. We never got to grips with the Wolves front two all game and our fans are entitled to be upset.

Sounding all too familiar...

As soon as most people saw the team and the one up front formation they knew what was coming. Shame our manager couldn't see that.

we'd had 3 good perfomances 2 of them using that formation,

The players need to take a long hard look at themselfs, all should be transfer listed this morning and all should be fined 3 wages which in turn should be used to re-fund the fans who went saturday

It is worrying that our manager can't see it.... yet us mere fans can.

This squad will pull out some good performances over the season, but it's consistancy we lack.

That needs to be rectified.

A big month coming up... Depending on results big decisions will need to be made in January.

Sign or loan players...sell players...keep manager etc,etc.

I do get the impression, for whatever reason, that we will stick with Del regardless.

Anyone else think that?

The problem is, the manager is too close, he takes in to account training ground effort and performance. I am afraid there is only 1 place that performance really counts.

On the pitch on a Saturday or Tuesday

This is true, but the 'of course he sees them everyday on the training ground' sound byte wears a bit thin when the said player/players look great on the training ground and then totally freeze and fail on match days and continually lets the manager down. Most BCFC fans are still waiting for far too many players to begin to prove why the manager has so much faith in them and ultimately the managers blind faith will cost him his job, the classic for me is Woolford, a couple of good games and suddenly 'he's cured'?

The problem is, the manager is too close, he takes in to account training ground effort and performance. I am afraid there is only 1 place that performance really counts.

On the pitch on a Saturday or Tuesday

I've often thought this... You have to judge a team on what it does on the pitch and not the training ground.

Some of our players must be awesome in training.

I also feel these 'Prozone' facts and figures can be a hinderance.

They can give some details of interest...but how much are managers reliant on them these days?

Watch with your eyes on a Saturday, under matchday pressure, then see who stands out.

Some managers seem to have a magic wand.

I was amazed at how different QPR were on the weekend. Harry has it.

Watching the game from the pitch side does not always show a true picture.

Pitchside gives a different veiw, Is that player in space or did the pass go wayward etc.

I like the idea that the manger sits up in the stands first half and gets a good view of the headless chickens we had in midfield this season.

He could see that Pearson was just not interested Bryan was being left exposed time and time again by Pearson and Bambie on ice Elliott (well it is pantomime season so he is rehearsing)

If Del wants to succeed in this club he needs to do two things, play his team of players HE bought to the club! And learn that 2-0 down is the time to make a sub. Brighton let us off, on poor form Wolves punished us they knew playing one up front we were afraid of them! They then knew they could score more because we never changed anything!

This is true, but the 'of course he sees them everyday on the training ground' sound byte wears a bit thin when the said player/players look great on the training ground and then totally freeze and fail on match days and continually lets the manager down. Most BCFC fans are still waiting for far too many players to begin to prove why the manager has so much faith in them and ultimately the managers blind faith will cost him his job, the classic for me is Woolford, a couple of good games and suddenly 'he's cured'?

Woolford was 'cured' but his cure was apparently entirely dependent on the form of Cunnjngham behind him.

As soon as Cuningham is fit to play again Woolford will re emerge as a regular starter imo, and we'll be all the better for having both in the team.

Watching the game from the pitch side does not always show a true picture.

Pitchside gives a different veiw, Is that player in space or did the pass go wayward etc.

I like the idea that the manger sits up in the stands first half and gets a good view of the headless chickens we had in midfield this season.

He could see that Pearson was just not interested Bryan was being left exposed time and time again by Pearson and Bambie on ice Elliott (well it is pantomime season so he is rehearsing)

If Del wants to succeed in this club he needs to do two things, play his team of players HE bought to the club! And learn that 2-0 down is the time to make a sub. Brighton let us off, on poor form Wolves punished us they knew playing one up front we were afraid of them! They then knew they could score more because we never changed anything!

We have that coach fella, can't remember his name(?) sat in the stands watching, perhaps he's as clueless as Derek.

Woolford was 'cured' but his cure was apparently entirely dependent on the form of Cunnjngham behind him.

As soon as Cuningham is fit to play again Woolford will re emerge as a regular starter imo, and we'll be all the better for having both in the team.

How can Woolford be so reliant on another player? He shouldn't need Cunningham in the team to be able to perform. His early season form (all 3 games of it or whatever it was) was a flash in the pan. He is simply not good enough for this level and has been a dreadful signing. I'd be trying to shift him in January.

How can Woolford be so reliant on another player? He shouldn't need Cunningham in the team to be able to perform. His early season form (all 3 games of it or whatever it was) was a flash in the pan. He is simply not good enough for this level and has been a dreadful signing. I'd be trying to shift him in January.

because Woolford is an attacking player he can't defend with cunningham behind him it takes away the defensive duties freeing him up to concentrate on providing and attacking down the left,

We need a strong right sided player to free up albert too, thats the problem when you play with wingers, you need strong full backs and we don't have them,

Bryans come in a done a steady job but he was a clueless as the rest against wolves,

It needs to go back to basics we have to stop chopping and changing the formation, as much as I hate to say it Carey needs to come back in and play with fontaine and take the armband from him too,

I've never liked louis but he is a leader, when skuse is fit he needs to come in at right back cunningham at left back, we need to play 4 across the middle (forget about wingers and attacking the flanks) then we also need to play a man in the hole and a striker infront of him like we did with Byfield and Noble,

I don't know the answer to that cp, and I'm certainly not making excuses for him - he's been an incredibly frustrating player for most of his time here.

However when the outstanding Cunningham came in Woolford suddenly found confidence playing alongside him and we immediately saw a different, and very effective player.

We'll see if it was a flash in the pan when Cunningham returns because if there's any possibility the two can link up in similar fashion to the way they played before GC's injury then the manager would be foolish not to give the combination another go.

I would agree that if he's so reliant on one player he has no long term future here, however I'd put up with that in the short term if him and Cunningham hit it off again.

I don't know the answer to that cp, and I'm certainly not making excuses for him - he's been an incredibly frustrating player for most of his time here.

However when the outstanding Cunningham came in Woolford suddenly found confidence playing alongside him and we immediately saw a different, and very effective player.

We'll see if it was a flash in the pan when Cunningham returns because if there's any possibility the two can link up in similar fashion to the way they played before GC's injury then the manager would be foolish not to give the combination another go.

I would agree that if he's so reliant on one player he has no long term future here, however I'd put up with that in the short term if him and Cunningham hit it off again.

We all hope that Cunningham's return to the side will lift us, but I'm concerned we are expecting too much from a player returning from quite a long lay off. If he and Woolford can link up and improve us then great, but I have very little faith in Woolford's ability to string together decent performances. As you said, he shouldn't have a long-term future here as he is over-reliant on needing Cunningham behind him.

Rarely have I been so frustrated watching a City player than Woolford. He's been a dreadful signing, almost as bad as Grant Smith as a left-sided player. But not quite that bad.

Archived