IGNORED

Academy Problems...myhth Or Fact?

The Humble Realist

Iv seen a lot of posters saying how previous managers havnt utilised the academy enough (in particular gj)

Is this true though and who exactly should have been playing from the academy in the last 6 or 7 years who hasnt

Rosenior was before gj

Lita was before gj

Scott goldbourne possibly?

Ryan Harley perhaps

My point is...I don't see many academy graduates playing at any higher than league 1 so why all the beef with people saying managers have ignored the academy? As far as I can see we havnt used the academy because the players produced havnt been good enough...or is that the criticism itself?

Not sure if the GJ accusers have inside knowledge but as you say there wasn't a lot to choose from bearing in mind our championship status.

He did play Skuse and JMW, initially, but others Frankie Artus for instance appear to have disappeared off the map.

Not sure if the GJ accusers have inside knowledge but as you say there wasn't a lot to choose from bearing in mind our championship status.

He did play Skuse and JMW, initially, but others Frankie Artus for instance appear to have disappeared off the map.

Exactly but where is artus now? Jmw has knocked about in the lower leagues since leaving

Exactly but where is artus now? Jmw has knocked about in the lower leagues since leaving

Frankie's at Grimsby. Likes his social life if I can put it that way but I firmly believe that with the right guidance and encouragement at the right time he could have been one hell of a player, saw him play from kids football upwards, watched him in the reserves one time against Rovers and he was the outstanding player on the pitch. Unfortunately the manager at the time thought his son was better, but then, the manager at the time thought his son was better than everyone!

I think we are going to see some massive improvements in our Academy and junior teams over the next couple of years.

We are already starting to see improvements. And signed some quality players for the development squad.

Only yesterday i read in one of the National papers, that we had beaten Liverpool to signing a 15 year old from Wales. He must be some player to make National news...can't remember his name though.

Impressed that we are now being seen as a serious place to go and learn your trade.

Regardless of what is going on in the first team, I keep hearing really good things about what is going on behind closed doors and the infrastructure of the club.

I think it's a bit of a catch 22 as the Club obviously want to keep their cards close to their chest and the majority of fans are unaware at what is going on.

If we survive this season, I can see a big improvement soon.

Frankie's at Grimsby. Likes his social life if I can put it that way but I firmly believe that with the right guidance and encouragement at the right time he could have been one hell of a player, saw him play from kids football upwards, watched him in the reserves one time against Rovers and he was the outstanding player on the pitch. Unfortunately the manager at the time thought his son was better, but then, the manager at the time thought his son was better than everyone!

Maybe the manager at the time preferred to play his son as he was the better professional out of the two? After all, you say Frankie 'liked his social life'. Maybe it's the player's fault that he didn't break through at City, rather than GJ's...?

Archived