IGNORED

Notts Co

22A

Only two weeks to go to the league's deadline. Are they raising the necessary money or not? I've checked their website and there's no mention of it. I'ts not been discussed on TV or radio either, although the (potential) demise of Leeds frequently occurs. Jonathan Pearce on Radio 5 reckons they're probably in a worse state than his own beloved Bristol City in 1982.

I haven't heard anything on it but I think it would be terrible if the oldest club in the league was allowed to go bust. I also have a bit of a soft spot for them cos my dad used to play in goal for them.

I read an article in Rugby World magazine this month (very interesting for anyone whose interested) calling for the IRB to start giving money to clubs such as Samoa, Fiji etc who cannot afford themselves to exist as a rugby playing nation. I believe that the FA and FIFA, UEFA whoever should step in and do something of the like for Notts County becuase it would be an absolute travesty for them to go bust.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

It would be unfair to everyone else if the Authoritys got involved and bailed them out - If they did why shouldn't they be required to save everyone who get themselves in trouble.

I feel deeply sorry for Notts County Fans, they can't help the missmanagement of their club, and the criminals of ITV digital should feel responsible. It's a shame they can't be taken to court

It was on Radio 5 on Saturday lunchtjme. They had the Chief Exec on live from their game at Port Fail.

There is a consortium in place (called Millennium - no names) and they are putting together a rescue package. They say the League have been very patient and are gratefiul for the time afforded to them.

I believe the biggest obstacles are the guarantees the League want in place.

The League have reaffirmed the deadline must be met and no more extensions will be offered.

IMO the best thing to do is that every fan that goes to any football match on one weekend (say next week), there's a person by each gate, and if everyone donated £1, then that would pull them right out of administration.

Imagine that, average crowd in premiership is 35000, per se, thats £35kx20= £700,000.

Div 1 average crowd 15k(?) 15kx24 = 360000

Div 2 average crowd 10k(at a push) 10kx24 = 240000

etc etc etc...

see where i'm coming from? :P

Archived