IGNORED

Keith Dawe

Welcome To The Jungle

'it was ALWAYS going to be a struggle this season' .... OK Keith... thanks for letting us know AFTER you have sold 11,500 season tickets and attracted around 2k of pay on the day fans some of whom, like me, come thousands of miles to see a game.

We all thought the season was gonna be a whole lot better than 'always a struggle'.

Now I understand why, for best part of half a season, you have kept your trap shut.

Nice.

p.s. I shall not bother coming to any more games until there is a reasonable chance we might win one of them. Trust you will understand old chumley.

Deary me.

'it was ALWAYS going to be a struggle this season' .... OK Keith... thanks for letting us know AFTER you have sold 11,500 season tickets and attracted around 2k of pay on the day fans some of whom, like me, come thousands of miles to see a game.

We all thought the season was gonna be a whole lot better than 'always a struggle'.

Now I understand why, for best part of half a season, you have kept your trap shut.

Nice.

p.s. I shall not bother coming to any more games until there is a reasonable chance we might win one of them. Trust you will understand old chumley.

Deary me.

Surely he didn't mean that? A struggling team doesn't spend nearly £3m on players in the summer, I really believed things would change also as for a change we won pre-season.. oh how wrong wern't we all.

Well, I'm going to defend Keef on this one. I have been critical of his silence in the past. But what he says here makes perfect sense to me.

He can't be blamed for the way footballers who are paid absolute fortunes take the piss week in week out, but he is left to deal with the financial mess it's caused. He is realistic about how quickly it will be possible to turn things round.

He also has a strategy for developing our own talent through the academy and more effective scouting. He's right - our performance in these key areas has been hopeless.

So give him a break.

He is doing everything fans have asked for in the past - invest in the youth setup, get those players to a level through the academy where they can become first team members, stop spending vast sums on journey men, get the clubs finances in order, be honest with fans.

Now we are getting these things fans still complain - the club/board cannot win because there are sections on these boards who think they should be a hybrid of manager/director for the club and that their views should carry weight even though they are not willing/able/qualified to invest or apply for the positions in real life.....

He is doing everything fans have asked for in the past - invest in the youth setup, get those players to a level through the academy where they can become first team members, stop spending vast sums on journey men, get the clubs finances in order, be honest with fans.

Now we are getting these things fans still complain - the club/board cannot win because there are sections on these boards who think they should be a hybrid of manager/director for the club and that their views should carry weight even though they are not willing/able/qualified to invest or apply for the positions in real life.....

Agreed!!!! Good post!

Well, I'm going to defend Keef on this one. I have been critical of his silence in the past. But what he says here makes perfect sense to me.

He can't be blamed for the way footballers who are paid absolute fortunes take the piss week in week out, but he is left to deal with the financial mess it's caused. He is realistic about how quickly it will be possible to turn things round.

He also has a strategy for developing our own talent through the academy and more effective scouting. He's right - our performance in these key areas has been hopeless.

So give him a break.

Got to agree with you there.

As long as they are addressing the failures behind the scenes I couldn't care if Dawe was less talkative in public than Sooty.

Honesty, I like it. Just a shame it seems team management and board do not speak. s the tune from Del was a lot different to that when trying to sell season tickets.

Oh well, why am I not surprised.

And now we are 2-1 down whoopy ducking do!

Keith Dawe has taken the helm at a difficult time - 20th place - 49 points - £14M annual loss - and quite apart from the seriousness of the loss itself a commitment to cut costs by £4M this season and a further £2M next.

Keith Dawe does not do marketing speak and has been criticised on this forum for silence, abdication of responsibility and not caring

Keith Dawe has built his own successful business in the field of recruitment and personal development and has obvious talents and passions in this area.

Bristol City has other Directors and officers who have experience in marketing and are able to do 'spin' if 'spin' is what we want.

At the end of the meeting on Thursday, Keith Dawe spoke from his heart - he was humble ("I am here to represent the shareholders"), he was passionate ("I will do all that I can to improve recruitment and add value by developing the people we have - this is something that I can do and which interests me"), he was honest ("no business should lose £14M, £10M or even £8M - it's going to be tough"), and he was inclusive ("we are all in this together").

I was stirred - Bristol City needs us - we are not just customers - and Keith Dawe wants and appreciates our support - MORE OF THE SAME PLEASE KEITH - WELL DONE!

Keith Dawe has taken the helm at a difficult time - 20th place - 49 points - £14M annual loss - and quite apart from the seriousness of the loss itself a commitment to cut costs by £4M this season and a further £2M next.

Keith Dawe does not do marketing speak and has been criticised on this forum for silence, abdication of responsibility and not caring

Keith Dawe has built his own successful business in the field of recruitment and personal development and has obvious talents and passions in this area.

Bristol City has other Directors and officers who have experience in marketing and are able to do 'spin' if 'spin' is what we want.

At the end of the meeting on Thursday, Keith Dawe spoke from his heart - he was humble ("I am here to represent the shareholders"), he was passionate ("I will do all that I can to improve recruitment and add value by developing the people we have - this is something that I can do and which interests me"), he was honest ("no business should lose £14M, £10M or even £8M - it's going to be tough"), and he was inclusive ("we are all in this together").

I was stirred - Bristol City needs us - we are not just customers - and Keith Dawe wants and appreciates our support - MORE OF THE SAME PLEASE KEITH - WELL DONE!

Over the years I've met Keith in the line of business on many occassions. Believe me City are lucky to have him - he will do his damnedest to get all parts of this club working properly and pulling in the right direction. He'll be giving money to the club and I wouldn't think he's taking money for his troubles - nor will he be looking for fame or praise. The way some on here talk about him says much more about them than it does about Keith - time to let him get on with the job without the brainless abuse.

Good post

I don't get all the stick the Chairman is getting, judging by what he said the other night the board are working hard behind the scenes to balance the books and make the club run more sustainably, and it sounds as though he gave an honest account of the current state of the finances, but at the same time also has a long term vision for the club which is compatible with the arrival of FFP, (eg. Investing in the youth team)

Just because he keeps a low profile doesn't neccessarily mean he is not trying to do his best for the club.

Archived